5 Reasons Young Singaporeans Prefer to Rent Instead of Buy A Home

One of the top reasons young Singaporeans turn to the rental market is cost. For some, it is the only way they can afford to move out of the family home since a property purchase is out of their reach, especially for most singles just starting out in their careers.

The PropertyGuru Singapore Consumer Sentiment Study H2 2022 found that insufficient savings to purchase property was the top reason younger Singaporeans turned to the rental market. The 22 to 29 age group displayed this  sentiment most strongly.

This is unsurprising as young, unmarried Singaporeans are essentially locked out of the HDB market, which requires them to apply as a couple or family unit, or wait until they turn 35.

The only option for unmarried Singaporeans under 35 looking to buy property is to turn to the private property market. 

However, private property is prohibitively expensive for many.

More at https://shrtco.de/Xcy6Fj
[+] 1 user Likes Sickwarfare's post

In 2020, Straits Times reported that 33% of Singaporeans are graduates.

The median salary of graduates for local universities is $3,800 in 2021.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Renting is view negatively in Singapore because property prices keep going up...if person had bought 5yrs ago...he would have capital appreciation while he stay in his apartment.

All that changes when property cycle swings the other way after rising for last 15yrs.

When property prices drop, those who rent will say "lucky...never buy"..

Opinions of a actions if formed around what happened in last 10yrs. Because property rose people will come out and say buying property is a good strategy to make money. Same goes for US stocks.

Ray Dalio calls this the recent decade fallacy. People formed hardened opinions based on what happened in last 10yrs....often, things flip around.

For example the world may enter a global recession and property prices starts falling as it has done so in popular investment places like Australia and London. After it falls for a few years, people will say property investing is a bad idea.

Property is a cyclical business it has ups and down.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Renting is good.

Laughing

No money,rent.
Got money,buy
Home is your heart is

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

This one still need study to find reasons?

If base only on people that moi known in RL the real and only reasons they choose rent ish because they can't afford to buy wat. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

Why be as stupid as Jac Lau

to buy HDB and then be a slave to PAP

now he must even suck their LJ and CCBAI

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Why be a sore failure like Jac Lau

who cannot show any intelligence but only his garang guni and 5 Room flat all the time?

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

https://youtu.be/DOMLmjwbR3A

[Image: Screenshot-20220911-190023-Chrome.jpg]

rents not cheap. 840sf asking 6k/m

wah damn ex sia

Need to conduct a study to tell u these reasons meh?

Why want to move out of family house especially most of them are from one child family and they should have a private room for themselves? Probably they never come to Sgtalk otherwise they would have learnt from Ah Butt to save money by clinging on to the family house and hopefully inherit the HDB unit when the parents konk out..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

heng ar

i homeless
no such buying or renting issue