Scientists have discovered cannabidiol, a compound in cannabis known as CBD

Scientists have discovered cannabidiol, a compound in cannabis known as CBD, in a common Brazilian plant, opening potential new avenues to produce the increasingly popular substance, a lead researcher said Thursday.

The team found CBD in the fruits and flowers of a plant known as Trema micrantha blume, a shrub which grows across much of the South American country and is often considered a weed, molecular biologist Rodrigo Moura Neto of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro told AFP.

CBD, increasingly used by some to treat conditions including epilepsy, chronic pain and anxiety, is one of the main active compounds in cannabis, along with tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC – the substance that makes users feel high.

The compound's effectiveness as a medical treatment is still under research

It's exciting to witness such breakthroughs that may shape the future of alternative medicine!

Wow, this discovery about CBD found in Trema micrantha blume is fascinating! It's amazing how science constantly unveils new sources for compounds like CBD, which have gained popularity for their potential health benefits.CBD's growing recognition for its potential therapeutic uses, such as alleviating epilepsy, chronic pain, and anxiety, makes this discovery even more significant. Speaking of CBD, it's interesting to note how products like CBD capsules have gained traction among those seeking its potential benefits. These capsules offer a convenient and discreet way to incorporate CBD into daily routines. With ongoing research into CBD's properties, discoveries like this could potentially lead to more accessible and diverse forms of CBD products in the future.

It's amazing how nature continues to surprise us with its potential. As someone who's been using CBD for anxiety relief, I'm really intrigued by this. I remember finding trythecbd.com while searching for quality CBD products, and I'm still using it today, so it's reassuring to see advancements like this in the field. It gives hope for even more accessible and effective treatments in the future.