‘I’m 57, I’m just shattered’: The reality of being a Deliveroo rider over 50

“My mum’s 82 and doesn’t live in London. I don’t get to visit her enough because even missing one day of work hits my income. Yesterday I made £15.75 in three hours at lunchtime. I don’t earn enough for the hours I work. I live in social housing and my rent is £150 a week. Currently I’m behind on that and my council tax. I know that Marks & Spencer puts reduced stickers on food at 5.30pm and Co-op at 6.30pm so I try to go then. It’s just a constant struggle. We get no national insurance contributions, no pension, no holiday pay.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/202...er-over-50
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

(07-08-2023, 10:37 AM)Levin Wrote:  “My mum’s 82 and doesn’t live in London. I don’t get to visit her enough because even missing one day of work hits my income. Yesterday I made £15.75 in three hours at lunchtime. I don’t earn enough for the hours I work. I live in social housing and my rent is £150 a week. Currently I’m behind on that and my council tax. I know that Marks & Spencer puts reduced stickers on food at 5.30pm and Co-op at 6.30pm so I try to go then. It’s just a constant struggle. We get no national insurance contributions, no pension, no holiday pay.

Pm lee
FTs create more food delivery jobs for local
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(07-08-2023, 10:37 AM)Levin Wrote:  “My mum’s 82 and doesn’t live in London. I don’t get to visit her enough because even missing one day of work hits my income. Yesterday I made £15.75 in three hours at lunchtime. I don’t earn enough for the hours I work. I live in social housing and my rent is £150 a week. Currently I’m behind on that and my council tax. I know that Marks & Spencer puts reduced stickers on food at 5.30pm and Co-op at 6.30pm so I try to go then. It’s just a constant struggle. We get no national insurance contributions, no pension, no holiday pay.

The west is rotting and on a massive decline

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(07-08-2023, 10:49 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  The west is rotting and on a massive decline

the west is rotting

the farking east is farking themselves up

China Youth Unemployment Rate - July 2023 Data - 2021-2022 Historical (tradingeconomics.com)'

Youth Unemployment Rate in China increased to a fresh record high of 21.30 percent in June 2023,]

(07-08-2023, 12:52 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  the west is rotting
the farking east is farking themselves up
China Youth Unemployment Rate - July 2023 Data - 2021-2022 Historical (tradingeconomics.com)'
Youth Unemployment Rate in China increased to a fresh record high of 21.30 percent in June 2023,]

Errrr...did you read your link's fine-print ? What is the age range from the figure you cited ? Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(07-08-2023, 10:49 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  The west is rotting and on a massive decline

The West never rot much is the EAST TOO ADDICTED TO MONEY, GREED WHICH THE WEST can easily control Smile

Now is see how China react but so far seem Still addicted to money and greed just like we SG here, Greedy PAP indirectly will rot faster.

(07-08-2023, 01:08 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  The West never rot much is the EAST TOO ADDICTED TO MONEY, GREED WHICH THE WEST can easily control Smile

Now is see how China react but so far seem Still addicted to money and greed just like we SG here, Greedy PAP indirectly will rot faster.

Errr...I only know EVERYONE is "addicted to $" in our very capitalistic world. Best e.g. is what we see in our next door neighour...
Maybe u know better Bolehlander  old 1st hand experience on how inflation and addiction to $ is killing their Vision 2020 once promised by a x2 PM... ?

Else why why jam up the Causeway to SG every weekdays dawn ? Big Grin

[Image: msianfbfeatured.jpg] 

[Image: father-of-corruption.jpg]

(07-08-2023, 10:37 AM)Levin Wrote:  https://www.theguardian.com/business/202...er-over-50

The once Great-Britain empire which build on Colonialism and then falling on Welfarism drove their national coffer to near empty.
So tell me, does speaking (good?) England-language makes you rich and give you a good life?
Perhaps in earlier times when some many blindly worshiped AMTK... Big Grin

[Image: kuan-yew-quote1.jpg]