WP MP Jamus Lim proposes wealth tax of 0.5% to 2% on the richest

Negative thinking.

Propose how to make the pie bigger.

And concurrently, please set the GST at 5% which is more than enough. Since most GST are not used to help the poor.

[Image: IRAS-Tax-rev-incr-FY18-9.gif]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

The poor will love it, the rich will hate it.

I belong to the poor, so I am more than happy to tax the rich.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

The rich will ask you on what grounds? They took the risk, pain and even carried balls to get to where they are. The poor may or may not have had the opportunities, but the poor may or may not have taken the initiative and humiliation to get up the ranks.

Don't do a sensational piece that yields nothing. Better cone up with grand ideas on how to fully utilize the gst collected towards the poor and even middle income group. That is something more practical and it doesn't hurt the rich folks anymore than what the govt is already doing.

It's easier to get govt to agree on keeping x% of gst for future use and spend the rest current fiscal year towards the poor and middle class than to ask them to dip into their own pockets to level the income gap.