Why I think the logic of closing CPF-SA after 55 is correct

(18-02-2024, 05:20 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  There is another " loophole " is transfer to your parents CPF account than tell them withdraw.

This is not new but what if more than one children? Parents may take the top-up and don't give you back. They may favor some other sons instead and give them. But if you only child and parents play punk you don't get back too. No bao jiak this strategy.

The Govt is taking advantage your hard-earned savings to make as.much money as possible for themselves.

Despite Central banks keep on raising interest rates over the years, CPF management kept OA @ 2.50% unchanged  - yet, giving a lot of crap excuses to hold it low.

CPF members are suckers
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

Continue flip flopping over the years.

What sort of principles?
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(18-02-2024, 07:39 PM)sgh Wrote:  This is not new but what if more than one children? Parents may take the top-up and don't give you back. They may favor some other sons instead and give them. But if you only child and parents play punk you don't get back too. No bao jiak this strategy.

End of the day parents will give rah. Govt is not blind

(18-02-2024, 07:46 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  End of the day parents will give rah. Govt is not blind

As I said if parents got more than one child they may practise favouritism i.e take monies from can earn monies sons,dotters to subsidize the useless cannot earn monies sons. I know becuz my spouse side is that happening not CPF but concept is same. Take monies from sonA, dotterA give to useless sonB who is healthy but choose to remain jobless since got ppl feed. Heck he (divorced man) can't even feed his own dotters so the new father help feed his children.

(18-02-2024, 07:51 PM)sgh Wrote:  As I said if parents got more than one child they may practise favouritism i.e take monies from can earn monies sons,dotters to subsidize the useless cannot earn monies sons. I know becuz my spouse side is that happening not CPF but concept is same. Take monies from sonA, dotterA give to useless sonB who is healthy but choose to remain jobless since got ppl feed. Heck he (divorced man) can't even feed his own dotters so the new father help feed his children.

This thing Govt cannot control, so call " personal family problems " .

I have about half mil in CPF lor... But I'm jobless and penniless lah... 55yo is 7 years later... Likely I will be dead before I can touch my CPF lah. Lol

Guys... Just treat the CPF as some kind of taxation lah.... don't think too much about it...

(18-02-2024, 07:55 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  This thing Govt cannot control, so call " personal family problems " .

I am referring to your earlier post about top-up parents cpf and then ask them withdraw. They withdraw already may not pass that top-up monies to you. They give to other sons for e.g Then you rugi so your post is not bao jiak in fact benefit others so think twice this strategy

(18-02-2024, 07:55 PM)Sticw Wrote:  I have about half mil in CPF lor... But I'm jobless and penniless lah... 55yo is 7 years later... Likely I will be dead before I can touch my CPF lah. Lol

Guys... Just treat the CPF as some kind of taxation lah.... don't think too much about it...

Smile I always tell people Govt " work like banking system " Govt itself don't have money of its own. They using the people money to roll for profits which Banks are doing all along.

(18-02-2024, 07:55 PM)Sticw Wrote:  I have about half mil in CPF lor... But I'm jobless and penniless lah... 55yo is 7 years later... Likely I will be dead before I can touch my CPF lah. Lol

You younger than me. No worry this later year they will unveil the financial package for retrenched. You get monies while looking for job with stringent criteria. Means must make effort to get job not chao keng every month take free monies until age 55 haha

(18-02-2024, 07:59 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile I always tell people Govt " work like banking system " Govt itself don't have money of its own. They using the people money to roll for profits which Banks are doing all along.

Govt is a band of folks doing policy for the governing of the masses lah. Ofc they don't have the money and they take from all people lah. But how they take, who they take from, who they distribute (including their own paycheck) etc is the key to evaluating their effectiveness and efficiency lor.

That's why govt size cannot grow indefinitely... There is an optimal size and imo our current govt is way too fat with too many top brass in POH, civil service and swf mgt...

(18-02-2024, 08:02 PM)sgh Wrote:  You younger than me. No worry this later year they will unveil the financial package for retrenched. You get monies while looking for job with stringent criteria. Means must make effort to get job not chao keng every month take free monies until age 55 haha

Since I started working more than 2 decades ago, whatever budget goodies I usually don't get lah. Only last 2 years get that household CDC thingy. So I expect I not getting any free monies from the jobless thingy cos I was not retrenched but I quit working cos I got sick of corporate life (at least for now and unless something meaningful comes find me lah).

(18-02-2024, 08:05 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Govt is a band of folks doing policy for the governing of the masses lah. Ofc they don't have the money and they take from all people lah. But how they take, who they take from, who they distribute (including their own paycheck) etc is the key to evaluating their effectiveness and efficiency lor.

That's why govt size cannot grow indefinitely... There is an optimal size and imo our current govt is way too fat with too many top brass in POH, civil service and swf mgt...

They already know themselves on this. Their own public sectors / stat boards is literally OVER STAFF and WORST they still hire new staff " partly is to cover up lower down the Jobless rate thus MOM on the other side can brag Jobless rate in SG drop but is literally " ownself create job here from their Public sectors, stat boards.

And every year the Confirm mid and year bonus, yearly increment are there. How to pay so much civil servants ? Obviously Govt have to take " from somewhere to increase something to get these extra funds . "

(18-02-2024, 07:10 PM)Oyk Wrote:  sgtalk.net/User-Oyk ❤️ FÜCKING ITS MAMA
sgtalk.net/User-Oyk ❤️ FÜCKING ITS MAMA

Logical Closing SA on 55 years old, if you think you are correct..

Then, CPF Board of Directors, CPF  management and those Ministers were wrong introducing SA from the very beginning.

Who's mediocre?

(18-02-2024, 06:44 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  Agree this perspective...This budget is almost entirely to the benefit of the less well-off, and works towards the aim of reducing inequality in SG.  Clapping
Good point. On the dot●

(19-02-2024, 10:19 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Good point. On the dot●

The downside is ppl less welloff will purposely remain less welloff and not seek to improve becuz if improve the benefits no more. E.g by becoming a beggar every day got free monies to feed me. If I find a job no more beggar what I earn need to feed other beggars. So I may just choose to remain beggar forever

(19-02-2024, 10:27 PM)sgh Wrote:  The downside is ppl less welloff will purposely remain less welloff and not seek to improve becuz if improve the benefits no more. E.g by becoming a beggar every day got free monies to feed me. If I find a job no more beggar what I earn need to feed other beggars. So I may just choose to remain beggar forever
The way you say it is like as if PAP is feeding the masses of the needy

This is so NOT TRUE

(19-02-2024, 10:27 PM)sgh Wrote:  The downside is ppl less welloff will purposely remain less welloff and not seek to improve becuz if improve the benefits no more. E.g by becoming a beggar every day got free monies to feed me. If I find a job no more beggar what I earn need to feed other beggars. So I may just choose to remain beggar forever

It's like those selling tissues in hawkers. Okay maybe they can earn quite a bit. But few would choose to lead this type of life even if can make not-bad money.

(20-02-2024, 09:22 AM)lylcnn Wrote:  It's like those selling tissues in hawkers. Okay maybe they can earn quite a bit. But few would choose to lead this type of life even if can make not-bad money.

You don't want got ppl queue behind to do