What do Singaporeans think about Malaysians?

Koh Chin Siong
, Singaporean who lived in Malaysia

As a Singaporean working in msia, with friends and family in Singapore, I feel that many Singaporeans actually feel quite superior to Malaysians.

This is because:
  • SGD is 3 times RM now, so that means even normal professionals working the same job scope feel 3 times richer
  • Many Malaysians don't speak English very well
  • Malaysia infrastructure and government still lag behind Singapore by decades
But they mistakenly assume because of this, Malaysians must be less intelligent or capable than them.

In fact, precisely because Malaysians cannot rely on their government, I find them far more proactive and resourceful than Singaporeans.

Also, Singaporeans have a tendency to confuse knowing a lot of information with being knowledgeable.

A lot of their information, particularly related to Malaysia, tends to be wrong, but they think because they learn it from the “authorities”, it must be true.

https://www.quora.com/What-do-Singaporea...Malaysians

who cares

Jhk is cheapskate la......

半斤八两。。。

i find this type of comparison useless....a lot depends on which individual you encounter in malaysia and who you deal with.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(19-02-2022, 11:29 PM)pinkypanther Wrote:  Koh Chin Siong
, Singaporean who lived in Malaysia

As a Singaporean working in msia, with friends and family in Singapore, I feel that many Singaporeans actually feel quite superior to Malaysians.

This is because:
  • SGD is 3 times RM now, so that means even normal professionals working the same job scope feel 3 times richer
  • Many Malaysians don't speak English very well
  • Malaysia infrastructure and government still lag behind Singapore by decades
But they mistakenly assume because of this, Malaysians must be less intelligent or capable than them.

In fact, precisely because Malaysians cannot rely on their government, I find them far more proactive and resourceful than Singaporeans.

Also, Singaporeans have a tendency to confuse knowing a lot of information with being knowledgeable.

A lot of their information, particularly related to Malaysia, tends to be wrong, but they think because they learn it from the “authorities”, it must be true.

https://www.quora.com/What-do-Singaporea...Malaysians

Wow 2017 post also you dig out  Huh Thinking

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(20-02-2022, 04:53 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  i find this type of comparison useless....a lot depends on which individual you encounter in malaysia and who you deal with.

How is your hometown Muar? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

We are only lucky we have LKY and the old guards at that time otherwise, no difference between them.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

How about how does the Malaysian view Singaporean?🤔

(20-02-2022, 07:38 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  We are only lucky we have LKY and the old guards at that time otherwise, no difference between them.

Now there is especially under the dishonourable son and his gang.

PAP has put themselves on the alter to be worship all the time, acting like they are god and worse, making wrong plans and force it on us.

If we put them on the bench with 15 countries and 100 ministers in the world, it is much easier to distinguish the fake brand and the genuine brand.

It is true that some idiot Malaysian thinks that his NTU Degree is superior and makes him knowledgeable. But Book smart is not street smart.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Somehow or rather, M'sians are indeed more proactive and resourceful than Singaporeans in many scams they target Singapore.  Just look at
Sunshine empire who collaborated with many M'sians to cheat Singaporeans in the fake investment scheme and many jobs scams purportedly
operating in Johore. They did these because of our 3 times strong currency.

(20-02-2022, 07:41 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Now there is especially under the dishonourable son and his gang.
Just a pack of wolves in sheep skin waiting to target it's preys.

They are hardworking. 
Taking opportunities in their favour.
Able to tolerate difficult circumstances. 
My chap chy png, 
Air con man, hairdresser,
All malaysians.

[Image: 59-D043-D0-8-E18-474-B-9-B26-1-FC1984817-AE.png]

[Image: 1-D30587-B-F2-D9-4-DEA-8676-B790-DE43-FFF7.png]

[Image: 3-AD57-C12-A05-C-4830-9984-F2-EA5-D4-ECA37.jpg]

Definitely got bad eggs, not all Singaporeans will behave this way….

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

[Image: 982-E8-DF6-8-DCB-4445-8-BAE-AD44440-B652-F.jpg]

[Image: 64-D2493-E-4-B62-47-E1-98-CF-866934-BF95-B7.png]