ASEAN FM and Central Banks Consider Dropping US Dollar, Euro and Yen, Indonesia Calls

https://www.aseanbriefing.com/news/asean...astercard/

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Dont laugh!  Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Drop Visa and Mastercard...and. Use PayNow for whole of ASEAN.

Integrate all Telco system so we can roam free.

Build fast low cost transport across the whole region like what Europe did.

As for currencies, we should ask why US$ Euro and Yen has been used instead of local currencies. Because local currencies were often unstable and depreciate like during the Asian Crisis. Indonesia and Malaysia are depends on cyclical resource exports and currency would fluctuate due to these cycles .....we are not going to hold so much of these currencies for trade

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(31-03-2023, 06:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Drop Visa and Mastercard...and. Use PayNow for whole of ASEAN.

It has already in progress. No more middleman.
More USD will not be needed and got to return to US. Like that how to bring down high inflation? Rotfl

Current state and reality of dedollarisation in report below.

There are many issues and lack of a credible 3rd currency alternative.

China still practices currency controls and speculators often encircle the off shore Yuan due to the debt fuel economic growth in China.

The path to dedollarise is for Americans to foul up and debase the USD bad enough for people to switch out.

https://www.trustnodes.com/2023/03/30/is...-happening

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(31-03-2023, 07:03 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Current state and reality of dedollarisation in report below.

There are many issues and lack of a credible 3rd currency alternative.

China still practices currency controls and speculators often encircle the off shore Yuan  due to the debt fuel economic growth in China.

The path to dedollarise is for  Americans to foul up and debase the USD bad enough for people to switch out.

https://www.trustnodes.com/2023/03/30/is...-happening

It is a trend
Emefiele: Pan-African Settlement Platform Will Reduce Dollar, Other FX Usage in Africa
This Day|28 days ago
"Prior to the launch of PAPSS, settlements for intra Africa trade required a third currency and a non-African correspondent bank. This resulted in an estimated loss of close to $5 billion ...

Iran Expects its Rial to Improve after 'Financial Understandings' with Iraq, UAE
الشرق الأوسط on MSN.com|10 days ago
Iran has reached an agreement with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to facilitate trade movement between their countries using the Emirati currency, the dirham. In another deal with Baghdad, Tehran agre

Prepare for a multipolar currency world
The Financial Times|7 hours ago
The US dollar still dominates debt markets, but some niche-sounding data suggests things could be set to shift

use China RMB is de best.

This video has more info: 

(31-03-2023, 08:56 AM)Levin Wrote:  This video has more info: 

The problem is very simple you keep.10B rupiah for tfade with Indonesia 2yrs later the currency js 10% lower and you take a hair cut when you buy something in US$.

The whole region is small elation to global trade.
Us being world's biggest importer and 2nd largest exporter
..eurozone combine is a behemoth.

China is not yet an advanced country by per capita GDP and has all sorts of problems from internal debt and its currency is control. You cannot be a reserve currency and have currency controls at same time. Each citizen can knlh take 50K worth of yuan out of China

美元大江東去, 東盟法國巴西 棄用美元 2023 0331

(31-03-2023, 06:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Drop Visa and Mastercard...and. Use PayNow for whole of ASEAN.

Can use this :

[Image: homepage-logo.png].

Also can tie up with Indonesia :

https://thepaypers.com/cards/bank-indone...m--1261900

Bank Indonesia to launch domestic credit card system

Good move. There should consider an ASEAN currency. Within ASEAN, may b possible. But Stepping out, no one will want to trade using ASEAN currencies.

天天硬事3121期—01 东南亚国家正在谈论去美元化,希望本币结算,亚非拉使用人民币的大潮已经开始,天下大事开始出现 02 台湾蔡英文到纽约称台湾会冷静的保护和平,美国称40年来一个中国政策未变

De-Dollarization SPEED UP ! 20 Nations Plan to Replace the Dollar Trading System|AsianQuicktake

美国的功劳,法国开始推进人民币国际化,首次完成人民币结算,马克龙四月访华,中法合作可期