WP's Gerald Giam asked in Parliament if NSF allowances could be raised due .

WP's Gerald Giam asked in Parliament if NSF allowances could be raised due to inflation.

Senior Minister of State for Defence Heng Chee How said in response that items like lodging, clothing & food are paid for, & 3 allowance adjustments have been made over the last 10 years.

➡️ http://bit.ly/3YSVSUS

Follow us on @mothershipsg
[+] 2 users Like Bigiron's post

During my times encik told me same thing. Food,water,electricity,cloth all paid for why still need allowance? When we say book out need spend encik told us can choose to stay in no book out so 365 days inside camp all daily necessities paid for by ahgong! The encik I finally saw his obituary in newspaper last year. Good riddance!
[+] 2 users Like sgh's post

(22-02-2023, 04:22 PM)sgh Wrote:  During my times encik told me same thing. Food,water,electricity,cloth all paid for why still need allowance? When we say book out need spend encik told us can choose to stay in no book out so 365 days inside camp all daily necessities paid for by ahgong! The encik I finally saw his obituary in newspaper last year. Good riddance!
This is same as staying in Changi prison.
[+] 3 users Like Clyde's post

The govt is right, pay raised for NS men.

In 1966, the allowance was only $60 and now average is $250, a increase of how many fold ?
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(22-02-2023, 04:47 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  The govt is right, pay raised for NS men.

In 1966, the allowance was only $60 and now average is $250, a increase of how many fold ?

My era was 100+

Privilege to serve cannot ask for $ lah.

(22-02-2023, 04:58 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Privilege to serve cannot ask for $ lah.

tell that to the miw in parliament serve but must be paid millions.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(22-02-2023, 04:59 PM)sgh Wrote:  tell that to the miw in parliament serve but must be paid millions.

Ministers very poor thing as it's not a privilege to serve the public. Need a lot of sacrifice so need more $.

debts r climbing
inflation also
how tokeep on giving and lockdown of every kind.
noone trust system anymore.
a mine field when u step out no real work is possible
all wanting to cheat u
only a cheerful gangHo Lawrence smiling like a swee tiger can.
i notice he also turning pale.
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

(22-02-2023, 04:53 PM)sgh Wrote:  My era was 100+

Your era is longer than mine.
My time recruit pay was $200
1 bar general was $650
2 bar general was $780. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Since they are protecting foreigners who are coming in huge numbers with their families every year, then their allowance should increase by 25%.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

yes . must be increased. everything up. salary also must up. still have company dont want to pay for high salary can pap closed them down. not feasible at all.

should be raised to match inflation. food, bus fare also go up already got to take care of these young one serving our nation.
[+] 1 user Likes sclim's post

(22-02-2023, 06:36 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  yes . must be increased. everything up. salary also must up. still have company dont want to pay for high salary can pap closed them down. not feasible at all.

(22-02-2023, 07:03 PM)sclim Wrote:  should be raised to match inflation. food, bus fare also go up already got to take care of these young one serving our nation.
It is the gov. prerogative to raise the Full time NS allowance. it is up to them to pay............ Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post