IMDA getting ready to fix TOC liao!!!!!!

The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) could take enforcement action against The Online Citizen (TOC) if the socio-political website cannot provide good reasons for repeatedly failing to declare all its funding sources in its yearly declaration. 

The declaration of funding sources is to prevent sites from falling under foreign influence.

IMDA, which regulates internet content providers, said on Tuesday (Sept 7) that TOC had “repeatedly failed” to declare all its funding sources for its 2020 declaration, despite the many reminders and extensions it had been given.

“TOC has informed IMDA that it does not intend to comply with its obligations under the law,” IMDA said in response to media queries. “IMDA has therefore asked TOC to explain its non-compliance.”  

It added: “If TOC is unable to provide good reasons for its non-compliance, IMDA may take appropriate enforcement action.” 

More at https://tinyurl.com/tkevebv9
[+] 1 user Likes pinkypanther's post

Not donated from 39% meh? Thinking
Someone's salary also never declare leh....
They dont need to protect the 39% identities meh? IMDA is SPF? If TOC in the wrong and IMDA has substantial evidence, pls make police report.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

They want to find out whether Ah Yang donate or not

8Umbrella Umbrella

Foreign interference more scaring. 
See HK protest, funds from overseas. 
Thailand?

By hook or crook they will close down TOC.
They thought they could finish Terry off with the law suit then people donated.

Now IMDA step in to close the site.

Nothing surprising.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.