NY officer fatally shot 13-year-old robbery suspect because he pointed a replica gun

Posting not because he was shot dead. Posting because he was a 13-year-old robber.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/teen...-111546520

Violent country.

When Trump is elected he will allow more guns.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

The US is a cowboy town where every Tom, Dick and Harry owns a firearm. If I am a police officer, I will be ready to defend myself regardless of whether I think that a gun aimed at me by a juvenile may be a replica or the Real McCoy. Life is at risk in such situations, where a second of hesitancy may result in the officer's death.

(01-07-2024, 09:13 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Violent country.

When Trump is elected he will allow more guns.

problem are the blacks and latinos...............not the guns..............there's a reason why the blacks account for 13% of the population but account for over 60% of gun-related crimes................

the Swiss has higher gun ownership..............but you hardly hear of gun-related crimes from the white people..........

(01-07-2024, 09:45 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The US is a cowboy town where every Tom, Dick and Harry owns a firearm. If I am a police officer, I will be ready to defend myself regardless of whether I think that a gun aimed at me by a juvenile may be a replica or the Real McCoy. Life is at risk in such situations, where a second of hesitancy may result in the officer's death.

yes............that's why those illegal migrants in USA don't dare to attack and kill cops in USA - unlike in Europe.............US cops are not trigger-shy...........

The boy was born in Myanmar and is of Karen ethnicity.

(01-07-2024, 11:38 AM)Levin Wrote:  The boy was born in Myanmar and is of Karen ethnicity.

It is foolish to play with toy guns in the U.S. Aiming the replica at an armed police officer is dicing with death.  

No cure for stupidity.

(01-07-2024, 09:45 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The US is a cowboy town where every Tom, Dick and Harry owns a firearm. If I am a police officer, I will be ready to defend myself regardless of whether I think that a gun aimed at me by a juvenile may be a replica or the Real McCoy. Life is at risk in such situations, where a second of hesitancy may result in the officer's death.

One is not enough. You'll need one in office drawer, one in car, and one in bedroom maybe under mattress

(01-07-2024, 02:41 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  One is not enough. You'll need one in office drawer, one in car, and one in bedroom maybe under mattress

Your idea increases the chances of your children or grandchildren finding and playing with your guns.