Singapore’s Salary is Almost Double of that in Britain

[Image: FD4-FDEEB-49-D2-44-B9-9-B41-D8-FCC600-BB0-B.png]

Now you know why so many British citizens working in Spore and dunt wanna go back.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

totally wrong
should compare Singapore with London and not Great Britain as a whole
[+] 2 users Like TopSage's post

(10-04-2023, 04:40 PM)TopSage Wrote:  totally wrong
should compare Singapore with London and not Great Britain as  a whole

Even in London the average pay is S$54,450 before tax and S$29K after tax, much lower than average salary of S$76k in Spore.

Now you know why HKers regret migrating to Britain

High tax, low pay and high cost of living are the killers for Britain and many European countries…of course they have good welfare for retirees and unemployed

(10-04-2023, 04:51 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  High tax, low pay and high cost of living are the killers for Britain and many European countries…of course they have good welfare for retirees and unemployed

I like their idea of unemployed queue up got monies take. Unfortunately our Spore govt don't like this idea and hence we need to slog like a dog to earn our keep. If I am a British the tax is so high I will most likely make myself unemployed instead as no work still got monies take so shiok who dun wan?

(10-04-2023, 04:57 PM)sgh Wrote:  I like their idea of unemployed queue up got monies take. Unfortunately our Spore govt don't like this idea and hence we need to slog like a dog to earn our keep. If I am a British the tax is so high I will most likely make myself unemployed instead as no work still got monies take so shiok who dun wan?

The unemployment payout is not much, enough for rent and food only. If we do the same in Spore, when unemployed are getting paid every month without doing any work many Sporeans will get jealous and angry, they will think it is unfair for them to work hard paying high tax to feed lazy people. Also Sporeans will not get used to high income tax, that is your gross pay looks sky high but your net income is 30-45% less after tax. Big Grin

Lol so funny that the quality of life is higher in Sg.. how did they even compute that? Lol

(10-04-2023, 05:13 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Lol so funny that the quality of life is higher in Sg.. how did they even compute that? Lol

We have a lot of activities after dark, many shops close at 10 pm while in the UK nothing much to do after 6pm.

(10-04-2023, 05:12 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  The unemployment payout is not much, enough for rent and food only. If we do the same in Spore, when unemployed are getting paid every month without doing any work many Sporeans will get jealous and angry, they will think it is unfair for them to work hard paying high tax to feed lazy people. Also Sporeans will not get used to high income tax, that is your gross pay looks sky high but your net income is 30-45% less after tax. Big Grin

That system is implemented in Britain why not Spore? It is just a matter of differences in opinion on this issue isn't it? Afterall Britain used to be our colonial master so we should follow isn't it? Why act smart be different?

(10-04-2023, 04:57 PM)sgh Wrote:  I like their idea of unemployed queue up got monies take. Unfortunately our Spore govt don't like this idea and hence we need to slog like a dog to earn our keep. If I am a British the tax is so high I will most likely make myself unemployed instead as no work still got monies take so shiok who dun wan?

I understand that in UK, one must proof that they had applied for a job and also had to wait for one year before eligible for gov. unemployment benefits............... Big Grin

(10-04-2023, 05:23 PM)debono Wrote:  I understand that in UK, one must proof that they had applied for a job and also had to wait for one year before eligible for gov. unemployment benefits............... Big Grin

Proof so easy to get if one is determined. That is determined to be jobless so can queue up get monies urge is higher than go and get a decent job but pay so much tax to feed those not working. I prefer to join the not working population given the situation. Make no sense to work so hard.

(10-04-2023, 05:15 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  We have a lot of activities after dark, many shops close at 10 pm while in the UK nothing much to do after 6pm.
Australia lagi early but quality of life is higher there I think. Cos the work life balance is well respected and infused into the economy and community...

(10-04-2023, 05:35 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Australia lagi early but quality of life is higher there I think. Cos the work life balance is well respected and infused into the economy and community...

My memory of Australia is their peep show, s*x shops, striptease shops all legalized unlike Spore don't have.

(10-04-2023, 05:52 PM)sgh Wrote:  My memory of Australia is their peep show, s*x shops, striptease shops all legalized unlike Spore don't have.

It is only good for people who likes things of sex................ Big Grin

Their benefits are much better than what GLCs can offer

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(10-04-2023, 05:33 PM)sgh Wrote:  Proof so easy to get if one is determined. That is determined to be jobless so can queue up get monies urge is higher than go and get a decent job but pay so much tax to feed those not working. I prefer to join the not working population given the situation. Make no sense to work so hard.

Long queue to get social welfare payout in the UK

[Image: E5-D51-B1-B-A07-C-4072-AD93-1-F7-E13-F3115-F.jpg]

(10-04-2023, 04:43 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Even in London the average pay is S$54,450 before tax and S$29K after tax, much lower than average salary of S$76k in Spore.

Now you know why HKers regret migrating to Britain

if you really believe average salary in S'pore is 76K...............you must be wearing diapers............either you're a naive baby or a senile old fart Cool

(10-04-2023, 09:51 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  if you really believe average salary in S'pore is 76K...............you must be wearing diapers............either you're a naive baby or a senile old fart Cool

The average annual salary of a Singaporean cannot be $76K............it is at a higher end of the spectrum................ Big Grin