1 May 2024 : Labor Day Protest at Hong Lim Park

[Image: dMrIe3y.jpeg]
Amidst the hustle and demands of daily life, the people of Singapore are rallying for a significant pause this Labour Day. Organized by the advocacy group WorkersMakePossible, a pivotal event will take place at Hong Lim Park on May 1, 2024, from 3 PM to 7 PM, under the banner of reclaiming lives overwhelmed by overwork and undervalued labour.

The event promises to be a groundswell of voices from diverse walks of life, each sharing a common narrative of struggle against an increasingly taxing work culture. “We have been struggling to survive in this system, but together, we can struggle to change it,” states the organizer’s passionate call to arms. This Labour Day gathering is not just a moment of reflection but a mobilization, urging citizens to envision and fight for a fairer future.

Labour Day Booths (3:00 – 5:30 PM)
Prior to the main proceedings, attendees will have the opportunity to engage with 15 local community groups and civil society organizations at various booths. These groups will showcase their efforts towards crafting a more equitable Singapore, offering insights into the real issues faced by workers and presenting avenues for public support and involvement.

Speeches and Performances (5:30 – 7:00 PM)
The formal program kicks off at 5:30 PM with an opening music performance by Maya Raisha Zainudin, setting a reflective tone for the evening. This will be followed by a series of impactful speeches addressing critical issues such as the healthcare system, the realities of gig work, overwork, wage theft, and the challenges faced by low-income families.

The formal program kicks off at 5:30 PM with an opening music performance by Maya Raisha Zainudin, setting a reflective tone for the evening. This will be followed by a series of impactful speeches addressing critical issues such as the healthcare system, the realities of gig work, overwork, wage theft, and the challenges faced by low-income families.

Highlights include:

5:40 PM: Nurul Afiqah will delve into the pressing need for a healthcare system that caters to all, not just the privileged few.
5:50 PM: Andy Sng, a delivery rider, will expose the harsh truths behind the gig economy’s promise of being one’s own boss.
5:55 PM: Muhammad Khairul discusses the pervasive issues of overwork and wage theft that plague many sectors.
6:00 PM: Zaia Zael will shine a light on the often-invisible struggles of low-income families striving for dignity amidst adversity

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

I will be there.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

That place is for gay activities

But most people will still vote for PAP, and they expect Changes

They saw with their own eyes, Cosmetic Changes only

If they hope for Transformation, that is ZERO possibility.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Can scold Lee Hsien Loong anot? Will get arrested anot?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

ex President candidate TKL not there?

(30-04-2024, 02:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I will be there.

It's Labour Day. And the protest is about being overworked and undervalued. How is your being there relevant when you have not worked for 18 years?  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(30-04-2024, 03:30 PM)Oyk Wrote:  It's Labour Day. And the protest is about being overworked and undervalued. How is your being there relevant when you have not worked for 18 years?  Rolleyes

You forget I used to work jn fast food years ago and the working conditions have declined and cost of.livhbg negated any wage gains by ordinary workers.

Anyway Labor Day is not focused on me but the plight of ordinary Singaporean workers whom I will be there to support.

(30-04-2024, 03:35 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You forget I used to work jn fast food years ago and the working conditions have declined and cost of.livhbg negated any wage gains by ordinary workers.

Anyway Labor Day is not focused on me but the plight of ordinary Singaporean workers whom I will be there to support.

How much was your hourly wage rate 18 years ago? It's nao $10 to 15 per hour.  Wages have not stagnated.

Btw, the vast majority of workers... which the Labour Movement is about.... are foreigners and not Singaporeans.

Singaporeans are mostly doing white collared work as PMEs. Wherever they are found doing low ses blue collared work, they fit this profile:

1. Seniors who work to pass time 
2. Lived through separation from Malaysia 
3. Have 吃苦 before and therefore don't shun work which are dirty, laborious 
4. Have low self esteem and more humble 

PS: I am speaking in general, there are exceptions

So your honourable presence, I suppose, is meant to stand up for foreign workers. Same like Jamus fighting in Parliament for minimum wages which will benefit foreigners.

where is this place - Hing Lim?

Got so much time to organize such protest yet no brains to think how to vote properly to make the change when given the chance.

Eat too full
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

Even if Opposition wins 65% of the votes,

it is likely only winning one more GRC

PAP has won this battle 5 times by making sure each GRC has 5/ 6 Ministers

Big enough so that opposition cannot win

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(30-04-2024, 05:12 PM)Ola Wrote:  Even if Opposition wins 65% of the votes,

it is likely only winning one more GRC

PAP has won this battle 5 times by making sure each GRC has 5/ 6 Ministers

Big enough so that opposition cannot win
SG so small yet need to many minister and 2nd and 3rd minister don’t know for what.

Weather so hot.. Lots of sweaty bodies. 
Enjoy!!!

(30-04-2024, 02:41 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: dMrIe3y.jpeg]
Amidst the hustle and demands of daily life, the people of Singapore are rallying for a significant pause this Labour Day. Organized by the advocacy group WorkersMakePossible, a pivotal event will take place at Hong Lim Park on May 1, 2024, from 3 PM to 7 PM, under the banner of reclaiming lives overwhelmed by overwork and undervalued labour.

The event promises to be a groundswell of voices from diverse walks of life, each sharing a common narrative of struggle against an increasingly taxing work culture. “We have been struggling to survive in this system, but together, we can struggle to change it,” states the organizer’s passionate call to arms. This Labour Day gathering is not just a moment of reflection but a mobilization, urging citizens to envision and fight for a fairer future.

Labour Day Booths (3:00 – 5:30 PM)
Prior to the main proceedings, attendees will have the opportunity to engage with 15 local community groups and civil society organizations at various booths. These groups will showcase their efforts towards crafting a more equitable Singapore, offering insights into the real issues faced by workers and presenting avenues for public support and involvement.

Highlights include:

5:40 PM: Nurul Afiqah will delve into the pressing need for a healthcare system that caters to all, not just the privileged few.
5:50 PM: Andy Sng, a delivery rider, will expose the harsh truths behind the gig economy’s promise of being one’s own boss.
5:55 PM: Muhammad Khairul discusses the pervasive issues of overwork and wage theft that plague many sectors.
6:00 PM: Zaia Zael will shine a light on the often-invisible struggles of low-income families striving for dignity amidst adversity

PAP vs Oppositions lah! Big Grin

Gerrymandering Huat Ahhhhh!!!! Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

confirm Approved or not???

Hong Lim park is really a PARK not for so call " voice out area "

(30-04-2024, 06:06 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  confirm Approved or not???

Hong Lim park is really a PARK not for so call " voice out area "

Protest can become riot people can die hor! Big Grin Don't play play lah!

Ok. Will look out for you.
What will you be wearing?

(30-04-2024, 06:17 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Protest can become riot people can die hor! Big Grin Don't play play lah!

Smile Sometimes Authority will not allow they " see what type of protest one hor "
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(30-04-2024, 06:58 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile Sometimes Authority will not allow they " see what type of protest one hor "

You forgot Little India protest became riot got people died meh? Thinking

don't be surprised you're the only one there............. Rotfl

(30-04-2024, 07:03 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You forgot Little India protest became riot got people died meh? Thinking

That one is RIOT rah not Protest liao
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Tomorrow 1st of May public holiday leh! Big Grin I will go into the swimming pool for a dip and watch sexy girls in swimsuits better lah!

What is the big deal announcing to everyone that you will be there? Are you one of the speaker and if you are, please give name.      Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(30-04-2024, 07:08 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Tomorrow 1st of May public holiday leh! Big Grin I will go into the swimming pool for a dip and watch sexy girls in swimsuits better lah!

A woman in swimwear looks the same as she wearing only her bra and panty

(30-04-2024, 02:44 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  That place is for gay activities

Do you know why Sg change the ah gua law?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://www.hrc.org/resources/president-...q-timeline

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

The Singapore Times on GRC Group be LKY
https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSFwMh2vM/

Useless people gathering....