10 Disadvantages of Eating at Hawker Centers in SG

1.  Become Barrel Shape

Singapore blogger reveals shocking results of a week-long hawker food diet, Health News - AsiaOne

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

2. Some meals are just 95% carbo

like CKT, Hokkien Mee . . .

3.  Too much repeatedly use of oil

that maybe cancerous

Heritage is like one.

(05-06-2023, 07:37 PM)Ola Wrote:  1.  Become Barrel Shape

Singapore blogger reveals shocking results of a week-long hawker food diet, Health News - AsiaOne

Some ladies is no matter eat how much also skinny type. This blogger belong to the easily get fat women category. When later she marry give birth will balloon and become dinosaur

#4. Often more salty than usual

Which we should avoid for health reasons

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ey-3798636

Laksa, satay, fried chicken, hotpot, mala, roasted meat, charkwayteow, are all cancer-causing food.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

I think i eat too much fast food and hawker food, thus my kkj bo lat..

U all better dont eat,wait your girl friend and wife all run road, u dont cry.

Now i exercise alot vy handsome, but kkj still bo lat,, useless handsome..

can become eunuch,

cutleries are washed w hot water in restaurants this is not done so in hawker ctr.

the cutleries are not properly cleaned in hawker ctr thats why always use disposable wooden chopstiks n plastics forks n spoons
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(30-03-2024, 07:00 PM)talky Wrote:  cutleries are washed w hot water in restaurants this is not done so in hawker ctr.

the cutleries are not properly cleaned in hawker ctr thats why always use disposable wooden chopstiks n plastics forks n spoons

The plates and bowls are often very oily

At the end of the day, the plates are tripled laced with chicken oil, sesame oil . . .

Actually, the whole culture of eating out for convenience should stop and its not just hawker centers or coffee shops that is becoming a bane to our society. The impairable nuance does jeapardise our health with lack of standards by those cooks over decades. SkillsFuture will not be able to improve the standards we lack for so long.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

hawker food basically underpriced superior healthy food

100% hawkers using vegetable oil aka palm oil which is superior oil good for clearing heart blockage

do support palm oil so burning can start again up north and down south

vegetables rice and all will not be washed cleaned rinsed to prevent losing their nutrients

fresh ingredients wldnt be used as they spoil the taste and yumminess of the cooked food

utensils best not fully cleaned nor washed as can have a taste of what previous users had eaten

tables and seats full of bird droppings so you can enjoy your food with wonderul mother nature not forgetting rodents appearance now and then

in short

eating at hawker centers = GOOD
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

Just cook at home.

#7. Food and ingredient costs are stabilising

But water and electricity charges are increasing

Want to eat out- BEWARE!!

https://mothership.sg/2023/10/rising-foo...inflation/

Too much salt, too oily, too much deep fried food, and the oil they use may be low quality type.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

The chili sauce is never changed for weeks, bacteria grow inside
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

Rats and cockroaches could steal the food at night.

(02-04-2024, 06:59 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Too much salt, too oily, too much deep fried food, and the oil they use may be low quality type.

Yes, what you say makes sense. To save on cost, everything they use will be cheap which inherently becomes an unhealthy alternative.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

(10-06-2023, 09:33 PM)Ola Wrote:  2. Some meals are just 95% carbo

Lack Nutrition

Is there such a thing as healthy hawker food? : r/singapore (reddit.com)

$6.50 bee hoon fish soup but no fish, customer stunned - Singapore News (theindependent.sg)

(10-06-2023, 09:33 PM)Ola Wrote:  2. Some meals are just 95% carbo

Clap

Smile

(30-03-2024, 08:12 PM)Symmetry Wrote:  Actually, the whole culture of eating out for convenience should stop and its not just hawker centers or coffee shops that is becoming a bane to our society. The impairable nuance does jeapardise our health with lack of standards by those cooks over decades. SkillsFuture will not be able to improve the standards we lack for so long.

Should reduce the Hawker Centers by Half.

Restaurant also same thing right.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Restaurant food is equally unhealthy.

At hawker center there are 30+ stalls you can choose to eat healthy
Same eat restaurants ...KFC MCD etc ....also not healthy.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(02-04-2024, 07:01 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Rats and cockroaches could steal the food at night.

Rats and cockroaches have the night and early morning to scavenge for food and walk over the crockery and utensils at the various stalls. 

I am deeply concern with the reuse of cooking oil. Does it cause Kidney failure as well?

https://www.asiaone.com/health/how-deter...ooking-oil

#9. Even if we listen to PAP to Save the EArth

But the hawker/ stall owner still refuse

(26-01-2024, 07:34 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/city-p...-bring-own

(06-04-2024, 04:19 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  I am deeply concern with the reuse of cooking oil. Does it cause Kidney failure as well?
https://www.asiaone.com/health/how-deter...ooking-oil

Eat deep fried food sparingly, and preferably cooked at home w/o using reused oil or better still, an air fryer.

#10. High Risk Group

Diabetic= about 10% of the population
Kidney Disease = More than 8% of the population
Elderly= 20% needs to cut down on sodium

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/what-e...e-diabetes

Our hawker centre food consists mostly of carbo. I have eaten fried Hokkien mee that contained no prawns, squids or pork. I have tried fried rice that had neither char siew nor prawns. I was flabbergasted when I discovered my chicken rice contained slivers of meat attached to skin and bones. The day may come soon when fish soup only has bones and veggies inside. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

Was talking to my spouse about this just now and she reminded me what happened last year. Her workplace coffee shop was closed for 2 weeks for renovation. She had to bring own lunch and apparently lost 3-4 Kg and even her chubby subordinate also lost quite a few kilos.