105yo woman receives her masters degree from Stansfield University

https://theindependent.sg/woman-105-rece...te-school/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Virginia “Ginger” Hislop enrolled@GSE Stanford Uni School of Education—1936 to get bachelor’s degree in education. After getting the degree in 1940, she entered master’s programme & planned to teach after getting master’s & wanted like her grandmother, who taught in Kansas b4 US Civil War, her aunt was a Los Angeles school principal.
Studies cut short by war, she marriage, completed her coursework. But had yet to submit her final thesis when boyfriend George Hislop, a GSE student in Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC), was called to serve in World War II. The couple got married. Virginia Hislop left the campus before graduating. “I thought it was one of the things I could pick up along the way if I needed it, always enjoyed studying, so that wasn’t really a great concern to me and getting married.

Born in Palo Alto, California, she moved to Yakima, Washington. When her daughter Anne started first grade in Washington, Hislop requested the school to let the child take advanced English instead of home economics.“I felt that she could learn to cook at home and it was more important that she learn more academic skills at school,” said Hislop.

A Stanford family - Her daughter, Anne Hislop Jensen, also went to GSE like she & her husband did. Anne even married a GSE graduate, Doug Jensen, who got his Master’s in the same year as she, in 1968.Hislop, meanwhile, served on the Yakima school board, was a founding member of the  Yakima Community College board, and helped start Heritage University in Toppenish, Washington.

Now matriarch of a large family that includes two children, four grandchildren, and nine great-grandchildren, Hislop looks back on a lifetime spent in education. “I’ve been doing this work for years, and it’s nice to be recognized with this degree,” she said.

(26-06-2024, 03:55 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  https://theindependent.sg/woman-105-rece...te-school/

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-21-10-21-20-40-40deb4...480b12.jpg]

(27-06-2024, 02:57 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-2024-05-21-10-21-20-40-40deb4...480b12.jpg]

Virginia “Ginger” Born in Palo Alto, California, she moved to Yakima, Washington. When her daughter Anne started...Now matriarch of a large family having 2 children, 4 grandchildren, and 9 great-grandchildren... Clapping

For what...bo liao

(27-06-2024, 03:08 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  For what...bo liao

[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-12-14-54-30-86-f69139...4f144a.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-12-14-54-30-86-f69139...4f144a.jpg]

Maybe she's very sick of whole day staying home playing games and watching tv loh

Stanford, not Stansfield.

Her steadfast is well respected.

https://starzpower.fandom.com/wiki/Stans...University

Did a search for stansfield university and got this.