10yrs ago $1000 can start family and buy flat..now how much needed?

I don't think salaries have risen much but prices have.

[Image: fTnqLoI.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Now old coffee shop cleaner also can get $ 1,500 per month liao!

(23-04-2023, 10:23 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Now old coffee shop cleaner also can get $ 1,500 per month liao!

no wonder we have flats selling for over 1 million................looks like PAP is right...............high pay = inflation...............so all must volunteer 50% pay-cut......... Rotfl

Aiya divide everything by 10, all become very cheap

A couple, each earning about $4000+ was advised by hdb that they can only afford to buy a 3 room hdb flat.

(23-04-2023, 10:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I don't think salaries have risen much but prices have.

Now at least $10k everything increased price

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

(23-04-2023, 04:23 PM)Clyde Wrote:  A couple, each earning about $4000+ was advised by hdb that they can only afford to buy a 3 room hdb flat.

4k+ back in 80s, early 90s

can own 4 to 5 rm flat. Some more is BIGGER Than present so call BTO flat.
If you go old 4/5 rm HDB flat vs current ones. You can really see the difference which old HDB flat is bigger. YET cheaper.

This is why the " system " is getting mess up , now . Who benefit most behind ? Those money go where?

No more affordable HDB. 
Only expensive HDB. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

why we still need pap for. expensive and useless.

(23-04-2023, 10:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I don't think salaries have risen much but prices have.

So what do you want out of life? Being a BBFA is not an achievement leh.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

now $1000 still can buy you this HDB

[Image: mandai-columbarium-niche-wrong-photo-singapore.jpg]

Affordability has a few components the politicians never spelt it out clearly for you.

Affordability=(income of household-cost of living)*propensity to oppose ruling party/Gini coefficient

To ensure that country is stable, you either up the Gini coefficient or cost of living. Because when income is high and Gini coefficient is low, then chances of a new govt is high since there is no issue with affordability without ruling party...