do you think loss making Grab founders can still become billionaires?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business...ts-2175591

What can? Already are billionaires.

Amazon was also loss making for years but look at Jeff Bezos now.

People who invest in Grab SPAC deserve to lose money. There's just no path to profitability unless big changes are made and yet increasingly there are copycat apps appearing in SE Asia.

Not much meat left
starting to show

Short term the market will overvalue them and a
Give it a multi billion valuation
....just look at Uber lose money every year bit still valued at billions.

Many investors think of these companies as if they are next Amazon's which lost money for decade to grow market share....but I don't think they are...they will just bleed money year after year never ever making a good profit.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(14-09-2021, 01:10 PM)starbugs Wrote:  People who invest in Grab SPAC deserve to lose money. There's just no path to profitability unless big changes are made and yet increasingly there are copycat apps appearing in SE Asia.

This business has no barrier to entry.
Competitors will just keep coming out.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

TS Holdings using our money behind support lor

(14-09-2021, 03:18 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This business has no barrier to entry.
Competitors will just keep coming out.

Most if not all biz has no entry barrier. If there is, then it is a monopoly. Even Amazon got lots of competitors but they can still dominate the market.

Grab is different from Uber which is almost entirely focused on transportation. Grab has more potential but they got a really big competitor in Gojek in SEA market. The other competitors don't bother them.

(14-09-2021, 03:46 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Most if not all biz has no entry barrier. If there is, then it is a monopoly. Even Amazon got lots of competitors but they can still dominate the market.

Grab is different from Uber which is almost entirely focused on transportation. Grab has more potential but they got a really big competitor in Gojek in SEA market. The other competitors don't bother them.

Amazon build up a logistics network that is a barrier to new players. It can offer overnight delivery in US...

To replicate this is too costly this is Amazon moat 

That is why JD has good potential in China to do what Amazon has done.