12 things Singaporeans take for granted : TimeOut

https://www.timeout.com/singapore/things...t-shouldnt
[+] 1 user Likes Everything Everywhere's post

"Hawker Centers that will not break the bank"?

Is the person writing this out- of- touch?

If he earns $1500 after CPF less mobile/ internet and Transportation

enough, meh? Even maids can save more that

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

I would say that the 39% takes a good government for granted. They think it is OK, just masak masak, vote more oppo in, RK also can, PS also can. PAP will take care of Singapore good good.

What they don't realise is that not all PAP MPa are of a ministerial calibre. If you vote GY out, you can next vote any other minister out. You vote all the ministers out, replace them with RKs and say, ahem! now we have a 2/3 PAP and 1/3 oppo in Parliament.

My question to you is this. Can the 2/3 form a Cabinet if they are backbencher PAP MPs? When the ministers had all been booted out, they will have to by hook or by crook but it will be a mediocre government and a mediocre oppo, which will see the decline of Singapore.
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(16-05-2023, 06:16 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I would say that the 39% takes a good government for granted.  They think it is OK, just masak masak, vote more oppo in, RK also can, PS also can. PAP will take care of Singapore good good.

What they don't realise is that not all PAP MPa are of a ministerial calibre.  If you vote GY out, you can next vote any other minister out.  You vote all the ministers out, replace them with RKs and say, ahem! now we have a 2/3 PAP and 1/3 oppo in Parliament/

My question to you is this.  Can the 2/3 form a Cabinet if they are backbencher PAP MPs?  When the ministers had all been booted out, they will have to by hook or by crook but it will be a mediocre government and a mediocre oppo, which will see the decline of Singapore.

I practice govt procurement policy. Must find most value for money, aka 50% on price, 30% on proposal, 20% on past experience..

By cost, if oppie can promised they take 1/2 of what we pay the ministers, already win liao.. How good your proposal and past experience doesn't matter..

39% go go go.. Make PAP work for their paycheck and not sit there and do nothing..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(16-05-2023, 11:37 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I practice govt procurement policy. Must find most value for money, aka 50% on price, 30% on proposal, 20% on past experience..

By cost, if oppie can promised they take 1/2 of what we pay the ministers, already win liao.. How good your proposal and past experience doesn't matter..

39% go go go.. Make PAP work for their paycheck and not sit there and do nothing..

You will vote for them if they ask for half of what PM Lee is being paid?

Mahathir and Najib worked for much less. Look at their records. To say that Malaysia is second world is like a soft hearted teacher who adds 2 compassionate marks to a score of 49 just to let the student pass. 

I will say no to a scriptwriter even if she tells rape stories free of charge.  But I am more than happy to pay the current remuneration to our ministers. The last thing I want is for crooks to get into power with a promise to take half the current pay only to loot the reserves.  Rolleyes
[+] 2 users Like Oyk's post

(16-05-2023, 11:56 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You will vote for them if they ask for half of what PM Lee is being paid?

Mahathir and Najib worked for much less. Look at their records. To say that Malaysia is second world is like a soft hearted teacher who adds 2 compassionate marks to a score of 49 just to let the student pass. 

I will say no to a scriptwriter even if she tells rape stories free of charge.  But I am more than happy to pay the current remuneration to our ministers. The last thing I want is for crooks to get into power with a promise to take half the current pay only to loot the reserves.  Rolleyes

Do you ruled out a new supplier on the assumption that they will cheat? Or u are saying supplier has a track record of cheating. V different hor.

Btw, ah sham and Vivian already so well pay but still chose to rent GCB from govt. Must mean they are underpaid so cannot afford to own a house. OYK should support pay increment for ministers. Lol

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

Many public holidays is not that many at all. I remember wanting to go Philippines had 25 days or something if you add their special holidays. And Indonesia, my ex- colleague said around 40 days once you add their Hari Raya mth long gap.

(17-05-2023, 07:36 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Do you ruled out a new supplier on the assumption that they will cheat? Or u are saying supplier has a track record of cheating. V different hor.

I have already written a few WOT last night about Pritam.  I don't trust this supplier.

Maybe you can propose buying from Mun Wai but his quality....the quality of his debates.  Which school did he attend huh?  Some of the things he said were really retarded!

Stopped reading at cheap hawker food Sad

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(17-05-2023, 07:44 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I have already written a few WOT last night about Pritam.  I don't trust this supplier.

Maybe you can propose buying from Mun Wai but his quality....the quality of his debates.  Which school did he attend huh?  Some of the things he said were really retarded!
You don't trust is yr prob and is only 1 vote in evaluation committee. What matters is the result from the committee as a whole.

In case u forget, I am just following govt procurement process. Nothing more nothing less.

Lol OYK is minister but don't know govt procurement process.

(17-05-2023, 08:13 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  You don't trust is yr prob and is only 1 vote in evaluation committee. What matters is the result from the committee as a whole.

In case u forget, I am just following govt procurement process. Nothing more nothing less.

I agree with your para one.

The committee of the 39% think it is OK to vote peepur like RK, and Pritam who told them to vote for her.  You trust these two buggers, and you are a committee of 39% that's waaaay more than my one vote.   Rolleyes

Most mp cannot think and plan well.they only good at debate and presentation.

(16-05-2023, 06:16 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I would say that the 39% takes a good government for granted.  They think it is OK, just masak masak, vote more oppo in, RK also can, PS also can. PAP will take care of Singapore good good.

What they don't realise is that not all PAP MPa are of a ministerial calibre.  If you vote GY out, you can next vote any other minister out.  You vote all the ministers out, replace them with RKs and say, ahem! now we have a 2/3 PAP and 1/3 oppo in Parliament.

My question to you is this.  Can the 2/3 form a Cabinet if they are backbencher PAP MPs?  When the ministers had all been booted out, they will have to by hook or by crook but it will be a mediocre government and a mediocre oppo, which will see the decline of Singapore.

Not all the PAP MPs are equal. 

From only the best of the best among them is the Cabinet formed.  If you kick out all the ministers leaving behind the backbenchers, and sexpect them to form the government, you will not have the best government which the PM wants to form.  Worse yet, even the PM is voted out.  Who is going to be the PM now?

Then, you have a mediocre oppo because you said you will kick PAP out at all costs, even if the alternative is a monkey right.

So what do you end up with?  Bickering between two groups of peepur in Parliamenr, and you think Singapore can run on auto pilot? 

Please do not main-main (play play in Malay) with your votes and overdo your antics of voting ministers out.  If the oppo can present ministerial calibre candidates, and you say if you don't try them out, how do you know whether they are good or not?  I agree with that.

But not when what you got were Pritam and RK.

(17-05-2023, 08:18 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I agree with your para one.

The committee of the 39% think it is OK to vote peepur like RK, and Pritam who told them to vote for her.  You trust these two buggers, and you are a committee of 39% that's waaaay more than my one vote.   Rolleyes

When I award to a new supplier, if cannot make it, LD change supplier. If you stick with one supplier, you only get a supplier that keep increasing the price every now and then.

Too bad the 61% fail to see it that way. Maybe they not familiar with govt procurement process.

(17-05-2023, 08:18 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I agree with your para one.

Don't know who told 61% naive to vote for hopeless Shoot Blank Queen?

[Image: JT-20o-of-9600-found-jobs-during-trainee...Apr-21.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

What they don't realise is that not all PAP MPa are of a ministerial calibre.  If you vote GY out, you can next vote any other minister out.  You vote all the ministers out, replace them with RKs and say, ahem! now we have a 2/3 PAP and 1/3 oppo in Parliament.

if singapore wants to survive forever, singapore need to have a system where ministers can be voted.

it means any minister must work hard to serve the voters or they will be voted out.
if not, the minister will become lazy and do not serve the voters well if they cannot be voted out.

(17-05-2023, 07:12 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  When I award to a new supplier, if cannot make it, LD change supplier. If you stick with one supplier, you only get a supplier that keep increasing the price every now and then.

Too bad the 61% fail to see it that way. Maybe they not familiar with govt procurement process.

RK got pay "LD" ah?  Rolleyes

(17-05-2023, 07:50 PM)forum456 Wrote:  if singapore wants to survive forever, singapore need to have a system where ministers can be voted.

it means any minister must work hard to serve the voters or they will be voted out.
if not, the minister will become lazy and do not serve the voters well if they cannot be voted out.

I was talking about a footloose generator of voters who have never been through the painful years of Separation, who grew up on Big Macs, have never lacked pocket money, who think that this is the way Singapore has always been, wealthy, developed and nobody needs to sleep out in the streets...

.... and they think GE is masak masak, and it's okay to replace all the ministers who are hardworking and the creme de la creme of the pap with RKs.

(16-05-2023, 06:16 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I would say that the 61% takes a good government for granted. 
What they don't realise is that not all PAP MPa are of a ministerial calibre. Look at Palmer and David Ong they are real good with women but not with dictatorial policies.  If you vote GY out, you can next vote any other minister out.  You vote all the ministers out, replace them with me and my relatives now we have a 2/3 PAP and 1/3 oppo in Parliament.

My question to you is would you congragulate me and Schroder?

Laughing Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post

(17-05-2023, 09:39 PM)Oyk Wrote:  RK got pay "LD" ah?  Rolleyes

LD is she probably can't be a mp ever.

(18-05-2023, 07:58 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  LD is she probably can't be a mp ever.

She is not even sexperienced enough to be a manager in a mid size corporation. Of course she is well qualified to be paid 16K to be a Par-rape-tarian according to the 39%> Rotfl

(18-05-2023, 11:19 AM)Oyk Wrote:  She is not even sexperienced enough to be a manager in a mid size corporation. Of course she is well qualified to be paid 16K to be a Par-rape-tarian according to the 39%> Rotfl

When tin tin run for mp, did she has the experience to be a manger in a corporation? I think she only consultant back end.

But she well qualified to be paid 16K. As long as her voters seem her qualified, she is qualified.

Rk already kena LD and pay the price, so you can keep harping on it all you want.

(18-05-2023, 07:17 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  When tin tin run for mp, did she has the experience to be a manger in a corporation? I think she only consultant back end.

But she well qualified to be paid 16K. As long as her voters seem her qualified, she is qualified.

Rk already kena LD and pay the price, so you can keep harping on it all you want.

This we have to ask the voters. Btw what was her percentage of votes in the last GE huh?  Rotfl

(18-05-2023, 09:55 PM)Oyk Wrote:  This we have to ask the voters. Btw what was her percentage of votes in the last GE huh?  Rotfl
If you are talking about tin tin, if someone is given a chance to piggy back on woodie goh and OJT for 5 years, 
I am sure quite a number of folks here can do better than her.

(19-05-2023, 06:58 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  If you are talking about tin tin, if someone is given a chance to piggy back on woodie goh and OJT for 5 years, 
I am sure quite a number of folks here can do better than her.

GCT was pounding the streets and lanes on MacPherson with Mdm Tin to give her OJT?  Rolleyes

(18-05-2023, 07:17 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  When tin tin run for mp, did she has the experience to be a manger in a corporation? I think she only consultant back end.

Actually an mp doesn't do very difficult work. She just has to make sure the constituency is well-run by regular inspection and then barking at the town council. Visiting consitutuents is also not very difficult either. Last time WP's Lee Li Lian also ran her constituency quite well despite not having very good education. 

I'm sure people with a heart for it can do it as well as Tin Tin.

(16-05-2023, 06:16 PM)Oyk. Wrote:  ...

According to constitution, only the majority party after election can form the next gov.

MPs can't form a cabinet.

The mp s have to talk to elect a leader to form cabinet.  

[+] 1 user Likes webinarian's post

(20-05-2023, 02:04 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Actually an mp doesn't do very difficult work. She just has to make sure the constituency is well-run by regular inspection and then barking at the town council. Visiting consitutuents is also not very difficult either. Last time WP's Lee Li Lian also ran her constituency quite well despite not having very good education. 

I'm sure people with a heart for it can do it as well as Tin Tin.

Tell that to our friend OYK.. He started questioning someone not even a manager in a mid size corporation running for mp.

(19-05-2023, 11:06 PM)Oyk Wrote:  GCT was pounding the streets and lanes on MacPherson with Mdm Tin to give her OJT?  Rolleyes
Yes, GCT was pounding the streets and lane to give her OJT, not at MacPherson, but at marine parade GRC. Want to defend go and read up first.

[Image: 00.gif]
[Image: 00.gif]