15 monks surround people in Bugis to collect alms during CNY

'They pestered devotees for ang baos': 15 monks surround people in Bugis to collect alms during CNY

Some devotees visiting the famous Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple during Chinese New Year found themselves surrounded by a group of 15 monks asking for alms.

READ: 

https://bit.ly/48eMxdW

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates

(15-02-2024, 09:06 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  'They pestered devotees for ang baos': 15 monks surround people in Bugis to collect alms during CNY. Some devotees visiting the famous Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple during Chinese New Year found themselves surrounded by a group of 15 monks asking for alms.

Conmen have infiltrated every religion.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

Money is free.willing donors.

(15-02-2024, 09:06 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  'They pestered devotees for ang baos': 15 monks surround people in Bugis to collect alms during CNY

Some devotees visiting the famous Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple during Chinese New Year found themselves surrounded by a group of 15 monks asking for alms.

READ: 

Burmese monk.
[+] 1 user Likes Blin's post

(15-02-2024, 09:32 AM)Blin Wrote:  Burmese monk.

Undecided Undecided Undecided Angry

Rotfl  fly here to celebrate CNY, then transform themselves with monk clothing to recoup their expense.

(15-02-2024, 09:06 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  'They pestered devotees for ang baos': 15 monks surround people in Bugis to collect alms during CNY

READ: 

The article says,

"For funds raised from members of the public, 80 per cent of the funds raised must be applied for charitable purposes within Singapore. The remaining 20 per cent of the funds may be remitted for overseas charitable purposes. "

Red cross raised so much fund but never see it help Singaporean.
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

fake monks scammers.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

they are not monks

(15-02-2024, 10:45 AM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  they are not monks

did they go geylang ?

Real monk only asks for food not $$$

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(15-02-2024, 10:55 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Real monk only asks for food not $$$

Yea, Real Monk only ask for food. Come $$$ is devotee wish like contribute to build temple , maintenance it and provide the daily needs for the monks in the temple. Real Monk will NEVER pester you for $$$ even come food is your wish want to donate , contribute or not that all.

(15-02-2024, 11:17 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Yea, Real Monk only ask for food. Come $$$ is devotee wish like contribute to build temple , maintenance it and provide the daily needs for the monks in the temple. Real Monk will NEVER pester you for $$$ even come food is your wish want to donate , contribute or not that all.
No more ancient times asking for food liao

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(15-02-2024, 10:45 AM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  they are not monks

I saw a few foreign looking men with shaven heads patronising freelance hookers at Geylang once. I suspect that they pose as monks in the daytime.  

(15-02-2024, 10:55 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Real monk only asks for food not $$$

I have seen monks drive luxury cars to funeral wakes many times.