1M65 Mr Loo : Solving HDB issues require mindset change

https://www.youtube.com/live/9DDB-BfN27E?feature=share

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

His idea to build ahead to make sure no shortage of flats is a good one

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

This Govt wants us to change and lower our expectations to fit them.

He mentioned more are moving to stay at Princess cove to save on rents, that's true.

But his idea of banning foreigners from buying properties is flawed, as it would only drive the rental market higher.

(08-02-2023, 09:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  His idea to build ahead to make sure no shortage of flats is a good one

Do u know why there's this BTO scheme? Last time there was a time when HDB build too much flats and there was oversupply. Prices came down. So BTO is to make sure the price don't crash again like last time.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(08-02-2023, 10:18 PM)winbig Wrote:  Do u know why there's this BTO scheme? Last time there was a time when HDB build too much flats and there was oversupply. Prices came down. So BTO is to make sure the price don't crash again like last time.

This is what you call the solution becomes the new problem.

so it is either sales price or rental high? which one you prefer?

(08-02-2023, 09:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  His idea to build ahead to make sure no shortage of flats is a good one

Last time Mah B T time already do like this " Build ahead " But back fire also , Tons of UN SOLD HDB flats You forget??

Some even convert to " rental flats " let those foreigner workers who work in MBS stay there etc.

This is why they come out BTO , " Build To Order ".

Now the problem is " This Nonsense Loo " friend " This loo also " Hypocrites " in the sense Talk no good to invest property EPIC he ask his friend " who is a property agent " intro about invest on properties

I Don't know why you keep watching This Loo, Kelvin ALL THESE NONSENSE GURU STUFFS.

YOU WANT TO FOLLOW REAL STUFFS MUST FOLLOW PARLIAMENT TALKS , WAT THE PAP And Opposition Said.
This is SAME For economics , What Biden plan to do , What Xi plan to do etc

WHAT THESE CRAP So call " Guru can do ? " They are NOT Politicians who made decision. Next They also DOn't even know what happen next come Economics , They also follow these Politicians to get latest Info.

(08-02-2023, 10:18 PM)winbig Wrote:  Do u know why there's this BTO scheme? Last time there was a time when HDB build too much flats and there was oversupply. Prices came down. So BTO is to make sure the price don't crash again like last time.

At Woodlands in the early eighties, one whole block 2 occupants also have.

(08-02-2023, 10:59 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Last time Mah B T time already do like this " Build ahead " But back fire also , Tons of UN SOLD HDB flats You forget??

Some even convert to " rental flats " let those foreigner workers who work in MBS stay there etc.

This is why they come out BTO , " Build To Order ".

Now the problem is " This Nonsense Loo " friend " This loo also " Hypocrites " in the sense Talk no good to invest property EPIC he ask his friend " who is a property agent " intro about invest on properties

I Don't know why you keep watching This Loo, Kelvin ALL THESE NONSENSE GURU STUFFS.

YOU WANT TO FOLLOW REAL STUFFS MUST FOLLOW PARLIAMENT TALKS , WAT THE PAP And Opposition Said.
This is SAME For economics , What Biden plan to do , What Xi plan to do etc

WHAT THESE CRAP So call " Guru can do ? " They are NOT Politicians who made decision. Next They also DOn't even know what happen next come Economics , They also follow these Politicians to get latest Info.

Do you understand the difference between "build ahead" and over build?

Right now the supply cannot meet demand and waiting time and price has shot up. This is a problem

To sold this we need to build to meet demand better.

The govt over adjusted with BTO after over building at one stage. It created a problem trying to solve the previous problem.