Workers Party Louis Tan : Why nobody wants S'pore stocks...

He suggested to have GIC invest in local stocks to boost interests.

At the end of the day stock price is in the long term is driven by company fundamentals. If company keeps doing well and keeps increasing its dividends, stock for sure will go up.

The reason why stocks have not performed is because the companies they represent are lousy and poorly managed. 

No need to talk about the small ones that go bankrupt after a few yrs of listing...even our blue chips like SingTel, SingPost, Starhub, etc are poor performers. 

Interest is low because listed companies are of poor quality. Boost interest artificially does not change anything.

Also we should make our markets overvalued bubbles like in the US ...there are dire consequences of this.

we need to improve standards so that fraud companies dont get listed. Choose quality over quantity. Once you have more quality companies on the exchange investirs will come.

https://theindependent.sg/wps-louis-chua...elsewhere/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Poor Steven Lim. Lost $128k on Singpost. Another of Sgbuffet’s many idols Smile

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(09-05-2024, 05:18 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Poor Steven Lim. Lost $128k on Singpost.  Another of Sgbuffet’s many idols Smile

People I mentioned or show their video all of a sudden becomes my idol?...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(09-05-2024, 05:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  People I mentioned or show their video all of a sudden becomes my idol?...

Another infamous idol of yours who lose until teng kor is Novice Leong and his BABA stock  Rotfl

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

SG stock? don't waste time! just one mouse scroll down, most listed no transaction.   Rotfl