SIDE EFFECTS OF COLORECTAL COLONSCOPY

ANYONE HAS DONE AND THE EFFECTS?

(22-09-2021, 10:31 AM)talky Wrote:  ANYONE HAS DONE AND THE EFFECTS?

Me me me .... happy to have done it and the doc gave an all-clear. In fact, they found something did some tests and gave me medication. He said good to have found it earlier where only need medication because it may cause serious complications later.

My ex-colleague now in his 70s told me must do it every few years because stomach cancer at the early stage only detectable by that procedures, he found it later need to cut part of his stomach out.

So I encourage those hit 50, go do it.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

I've done it. It's done under general anesthesia so you don't feel a thing. But the night before going for the procedure, need to drink laxative to clear the intestines. That's the worst part. Will get diarrhea non stop for a few hours.

(22-09-2021, 10:37 AM)winbig Wrote:  I've done it. It's done under general anesthesia so you don't feel a thing. But the night before going for the procedure, need to drink laxative to clear the intestines. That's the worst part. Will get diarrhea non stop for a few hours.

I was semi-conscious but very drowsy to fully felt it. Anyway ... the lau sai, just take it like detox lor. Anyway, I was happy to have done it. The consultation, the doc show video of your inside ....  Surprise-440

(22-09-2021, 10:41 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  I was semi-conscious but very drowsy to fully felt it. Anyway ... the lau sai, just take it like detox lor. Anyway, I was happy to have done it. The consultation, the doc show video of your inside ....  Surprise-440

How you go home after that?

(22-09-2021, 11:02 AM)dynamite Wrote:  How you go home after that?

After the procedure Dr will call you to wake you up ... you are still in the trolley bed. Once you wake up Dr mutters something then nurse pushes you to a rest room where you rest for at least 1 hour where they will give you Milo and some biscuits.

After that you can go home - take taxi or ask your family to drive you home.

Appointment to see Dr 3 to 4 days later to talk about the results

(22-09-2021, 11:02 AM)dynamite Wrote:  How you go home after that?

They let you rest for 1/2hr then let you go. Then take a train back lor .... no biggie .. better not drive

(22-09-2021, 11:14 AM)sporeguy Wrote:  After the procedure Dr will call you to wake you up ... you are still in the trolley bed. Once you wake up Dr mutters something then nurse pushes you to a rest room where you rest for at least 1 hour where they will give you Milo and some biscuits.

After that you can go home - take taxi or ask your family to drive you home.

Appointment to see Dr 3 to 4 days later to talk about the results

Waaa, so shoik get milo and biscuit. I took a train to Seah Im HC and makan duckie porridge ... fasting for poke bery hungry

(22-09-2021, 11:34 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Waaa, so shoik get milo and biscuit. I took a train to Seah Im HC and makan duckie porridge ... fasting for poke bery hungry

U go home alone?

(22-09-2021, 11:34 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Waaa, so shoik get milo and biscuit. I took a train to Seah Im HC and makan duckie porridge ... fasting for poke bery hungry
Wa you strong ... so fast ate meat!? 

Stomach weak - Dr advised to eat plain porridge add a few eggs ...

(22-09-2021, 12:07 PM)dynamite Wrote:  U go home alone?

Yeah, went to Sean Im for lunch first because my pokey appt was early. I purposely make it early so can finish early for makan. Feel like a bit drunk after effect but still ok. After 1 kopi O ... wide awake  Big Grin

(22-09-2021, 12:07 PM)dynamite Wrote:  U go home alone?
Don't worry too much - it's NOT like major surgery where when you wake up you feel groggy and tired.

Although they give you general anesthesia but not as strong as for major surgery. At times you do "wake up" like dreaming I felt something poking my intestine from inside. 

After the half hour to 1 hour rest you should be OK- can go home alone but don't drive. If you don't feel safe get someone to accompany you ... but really not necessary.

(22-09-2021, 12:27 PM)sporeguy Wrote:  Wa you strong ... so fast ate meat!? 

Stomach weak - Dr advised to eat plain porridge add a few eggs ...

I eat porridge also, but with lor ducky  Big Grin

(22-09-2021, 12:36 PM)sporeguy Wrote:  Don't worry too much - it's NOT like major surgery where when you wake up you feel groggy and tired.

Although they give you general anesthesia but not as strong as for major surgery. At times you do "wake up" like dreaming I felt something poking my intestine from inside. 

After the half hour to 1 hour rest you should be OK- can go home alone but don't drive. If you don't feel safe get someone to accompany you ... but really not necessary.

Yupe, exactly, while kenna pokey, on and off awake can see monitor where the pokey went.

(22-09-2021, 12:35 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Yeah, went to Sean Im for lunch first because my pokey appt was early. I purposely make it early so can finish early for makan. Feel like a bit drunk after effect but still ok. After 1 kopi O ... wide awake  Big Grin
Wow ... you "geng" ! After a thoroughly clean stomach you go drink kopi!

(22-09-2021, 12:38 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Yupe, exactly, while kenna pokey, on and off awake can see monitor where the pokey went.
Big Grin

(22-09-2021, 12:39 PM)sporeguy Wrote:  Wow ... you "geng" ! After a thoroughly clean stomach you go drink kopi!

No lah, I went empty .... after then kopi O and makan.
Doc can see when you have food or drinks when pokey one

Next to the sugar cane stall right?

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(22-09-2021, 12:50 PM)5354 Wrote:  I did it twice

First time by 2 FT female doctors at SGH

No PAP subsidy as I was a private patient

Total cost about $3,000

Why need twice? 

Did you do an endoscopy too?  Some folks think might as well do together since going to get poked anyway. Just that at opposite ends.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(22-09-2021, 12:50 PM)5354 Wrote:  I did it twice

First time by 2 FT female doctors at SGH

No PAP subsidy as I was a private patient

Total cost about $3,000

Ah neh FT? Big Grin

(22-09-2021, 10:37 AM)winbig Wrote:  I've done it. It's done under general anesthesia so you don't feel a thing. But the night before going for the procedure, need to drink laxative to clear the intestines. That's the worst part. Will get diarrhea non stop for a few hours.
I hv done it too before. Diarrhoea non stop until anus quite painful. Kind of biting sensation.

(22-09-2021, 12:52 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Next to the sugar cane stall right?

YES .... shiok shiok to Jurong lah

i did few yrs ago and it was all clear
of course like in all surgeries there are idemnities.
so you hv to take some risk although for this op
it was 0. something i think.

prior to the op, they'll give u some liquid to drink until laosai everything
to clear your colons then during op day they'll numb u and abracadabra
you'll be awaken in no time, observed a while then leave.
if you hadnt slept properly for sometime, it's nice.
personally i didnt feel any anything underneath but
the review a week later may shock u or happy u.
mine was the latter. it was all clear. they even show u a coloured photo of your colon.
apparent a camera was inserted into your colon. for me i happened to hv polyps so
those were cut off as well. overall its safe but u never can tell.
anyway if u r abv 50, go do it.

(22-09-2021, 06:28 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  I hv done it too before. Diarrhoea non stop until anus quite painful. Kind of biting sensation.

Feel like .........

(22-09-2021, 12:55 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Did you do an endoscopy too?  Some folks think might as well do together since going to get poked anyway. Just that at opposite ends.

Yeah done it a couple years back ..... since we get fugg by those white greedy thieves everyday ... now can get subsidized fugg