2008 : TKL help petition for mini bond victims...where was Tharman

Did Tharman do anybthing? Actually his MAS failed to regulated these toxic products that caused elderly uncles and aunties to lose their life savings.

Then they tried to manage away the problem. If not for TKL and many who also spoke up, they would have swept the problem under the carpet.

Only protests brought the govt to get banks to compensate.

This is one up for TKL doing the people''s work.
Tharman is for the banks and big businesses

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

So TS wanna endorse TKL?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

TKL for president. He is really, really, really independent and willing to question

Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Gstalk's post

Why most ppl dislike him leh? Because he took votes away from tcb, or because of his facial expressions?

Look can be very deceptive

[Image: Ng-Kok-Song_1896cca04b6_large.jpg]

[Image: lee-hsien-loong-yandao.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

Maybe he bought mini bond also

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(02-08-2023, 08:38 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Maybe he bought mini bond also

Why so much nonsense from you early in the morning?

(02-08-2023, 08:14 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Why most ppl dislike him leh? Because he took votes away from tcb, or because of his facial expressions?

People can dislike for various reasons I don't care ..because his actions speak for itself....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

TKL is ok

He has the motivation and the ability

Maybe previously he has a weak point, he likes very pretty women

If my memory did not fail me, his office was on the 7th floor, that whole floor you can find all the ladies there are super pretty, 'A' class beauties, only his floor, IAM not pulling your leg, bcos I married one..

(02-08-2023, 09:03 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  TKL is ok

He has the motivation and the ability

Maybe previously he has a weak point, he likes very pretty women

If my memory did not fail me, his office was on the 7th floor, that whole floor you can find all the ladies there are super pretty, 'A' class beauties, only his floor, IAM not pulling your leg, bcos I married one..

You mean pretty ladies cannot work for him?

What rubbish
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

I believe TanKL is just fooling us with his president wanna be 
His life is more fulfilling watching others fighting for that spot up there. 
Go JB, eating at hawker centers, buying Tesla... 
As president, every move is watched. 
Can't even go out alone. 
Bodyguards, change of guards,... 
No freedom. 
Who needs that post?
[+] 2 users Like Migrant's post

Between Kok Song and Tan Kin Lian, I would choose Tan Kin Lian.

But if George Goh is running, I would choose him first.

Don’t get me wrong. Tharman has the best credentials. But then Sg’s EP has very limited powers in the first place. Even HC downplayed the role of the EP. Hence we are way better off for Tharman to be devising economic policies for us instead Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

(02-08-2023, 08:02 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Did Tharman do anybthing? Actually his MAS failed to regulated these toxic products that caused elderly uncles and aunties to lose their life savings.

Then they tried to manage away the problem. If not for TKL and many who also spoke up, they would have swept the problem under the carpet.

Only protests brought the govt to get banks to compensate.

This is one up for TKL doing the people''s work.
Tharman is for the banks and big businesses

Then he should start to speak up for those 34000 Hyflux retail investors now.
Will surely get a lot of coveted votes.
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

Tharman was Minister for Finance between 2007 and 2015
[+] 1 user Likes Harry Lee's post

(02-08-2023, 09:07 AM)Stoki Wrote:  You mean pretty ladies cannot work for him?

What rubbish
Every woman in that floor is a pretty face and defies demographics unless someone has pretty face and body as a mandatory criteria

You on that floor before or not? It's like a harem..
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(02-08-2023, 09:36 AM)Harry Lee Wrote:  Tharman was Minister for Finance between 2007 and 2015

correct.
Tharman has conflict of interest because he managed the reserrves before.
you cannot expect a person who managed the reserves to reveal mistakes in managing reserves.

Tharman is establishment. ...he has been jn political  for almost 2 decades did he fight for the common guy?  As finance minister supported every budge GST increase ...and not once fought for the common folks.

Ng Kok Song suddenly says he want to be candidate ...I never seen him ever speak for ordinary Singaporeans.

TKL spoke for ordinary Singaporeans many times again and again ....he urge changes that will benefit Singaporeans ...

He spoke for Hyflux investors ...where was Tharman on this issue?

[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

(02-08-2023, 09:58 AM)forum456 Wrote:  correct.
Tharman has conflict of interest because he managed the reserrves before.
you cannot expect a person who managed the reserves to reveal mistakes in managing reserves.

Tharman should be disqualified because of conflict of interest.
if Tharman becomes President, all past mistakes will continue to grow if there are mistakes.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(02-08-2023, 08:52 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  People can dislike for various reasons I don't care ..because his actions speak for itself....

The actuarial exam is damned hard to pass.  Not everybody passed it, and maybe you would also fail, if you try.

TKL is an actuarial by training.  He passed the exam.  He knows his stuff and is well qualified to speak on investments and financial products.

But his spoken English is not a bit but a helluva obiang...his pronunciation damned tokong man!

Singaporeans still look at papers, which TKL has, but also at how a person speaks.  Tharman speaks better, but if you only listen to content, TKL does not lose.  It could be a draw.  He loses in the way he speaks.

Having said that, George and Song don't speak quite well either, and their ah pek faces are not assets.  I think men in their 60s would be ideal...looks mature but not ah pekish.  But at 70s plus and with that coffee shop ah pek face, it is unlikely to go down well with voters. The final election results will prove me right or wrong.

I think Ho Ching or George Yeo would make better candidates but the 39% will scream "Not independent!  Cannot!  Cannot!"
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

Tharman is an unsuitable candidate for many reasons.

He could not even safeguard the SGX resulting in numerous company fraud s-chips ext and MAS never did a good job to regulate sgx under him.

Now he wants to safeguard our reserves? Forget it lah
He is not getting my vote.

TKL grew income from 63M into a.multi billion business providing the most cost effective insurance jn Sjngapore. Yes he has a medical condition that cause some twitching on his face, people make fun of this 
, his English is not so polished ...but he is the only one who stood up on social issues and for ordinary people.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(02-08-2023, 10:07 AM)forum456 Wrote:  Tharman should be disqualified because of conflict of interest.
if Tharman becomes President, all past mistakes will continue to grow if there are mistakes.

I did not see you saying that about OTC wor... Rolleyes

(02-08-2023, 10:07 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Having said that, George and Song don't speak quite well either, and their ah pek faces are not assets.  I think men in their 60s would be ideal...looks mature but not ah pekish.  But at 70s plus and with that coffee shop ah pek face, it is unlikely to go down well with voters. The final election results will prove me right or wrong.
Just look at me at 84 do I look acceptable to be a president?
https://media.newstrack.in/uploads/trend...5a8615.JPG

Laughing Laughing
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post

With his background and knowledge of finance, he is well qualified to look at the reserves and understand what the is reading.  Song would be a major rival.  George.......this one, can forget it lar.

It would be a contest among Tharman, TKL and Song.  George is likely to be the one who gets a single-digit vote.  

Tharman has the same "halo effect" as Jamus because he, like Jamu, was represented in some international body, and Singaporeans had been brought up on meritocracy principles, which means status and pang sai chuak.  This is also the reason why Tharman had one of the highest votes in the GE.

(02-08-2023, 10:10 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Tharman is an unsuitable candidate for many reasons.

He could not even safeguard the SGX resulting in numerous company fraud s-chips ext and MAS never did a good job to regulate sgx under him.

Now he wants to safeguard our reserves? Forget it lah
He is not getting my vote.

TKL grew income from 63M into a.multi billion business providing the most cost effective insurance jn Sjngapore. Yes he has a medical condition that cause some twitching on his face, people make fun of this 
, his English is not so polished ...but he is the only one who stood up on social issues and for ordinary people.

The TKL video you showed above was a much younger TKL.

Have you seen the current one?  He has become another ah pek, rivalling Song and George.  I don't think this is an asset when voters think he should retire....work so hard for what?  Tharman has the advantage of still looking at his best, mature and not yet ah pekish.  You may argue that we should not judge a person by his looks, but how are you going to argue with all the voters out there?

(02-08-2023, 08:43 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Why so much nonsense from you early in the morning?

Kapo your forum meh

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(02-08-2023, 10:14 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I did not see you saying that about OTC wor... Rolleyes

Ong Teng Cheong was never a Finance Minister.
Those govt officials involved in managing reserves should be disqualified due to conflict of interest.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(02-08-2023, 10:27 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Kapo your forum meh
It's for ur own good

(02-08-2023, 10:21 AM)Oyk Wrote:  It would be a contest among Tharman, TKL and Song.  George is likely to be the one who gets a single digit vote. I can beat him hands down. https://media.newstrack.in/uploads/trend...5a8615.JPG

Laughing Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post

(02-08-2023, 09:58 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Tharman is establishment. ...he has been jn political  for almost 2 decades did he fight for the common guy?  As finance minister supported every budge GST increase ...and not once fought for the common folks.

Ng Kok Song suddenly says he want to be candidate ...I never seen him ever speak for ordinary Singaporeans.

TKL spoke for ordinary Singaporeans many times again and again ....he urge changes that will benefit Singaporeans ...

He spoke for Hyflux investors ...where was Tharman on this issue?

Do not assume that the majority of the voters are investment savvy just because in SgTalk, a lot of you play stocks and shares...but keep very quiet when you got burned.

Most people do not even know what's support and resistance, or what's the meaning of "current ratio", or what the eff is EBITA.

To the man in the street or common man as you call it, it's whether PAP is doing a good job or not.  And the majority would say yes.  The GE results proved it.  So when you talk about "fighting for the common man", they'd think you are talking nonsense.  What's there to fight for, when the government is doing all the right things for them?

And the EP is not someone who is to be there to fight which the 39% want him to do.  He is there to safeguard the reserves.  This is what peepur can understand, not Hyflux or EBITA.  The EP was never started to be a parallel government to oppose the elected government which is what you are trying to boo...or hoping.   You have got it all wrong, or else, are trying to be mischievous.

(02-08-2023, 10:29 AM)forum456 Wrote:  Ong Teng Cheong was never a Finance Minister.
Those govt officials involved in managing reserves should be disqualified due to conflict of interest.

Finance Minister?  Chey!

He was higher than that.  He was DPM wor.