25 NOV: DBS users continue to face problems on the 3rd day

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/tech-n...ge-started

SINGAPORE - Some customers were still unable to transact on DBS' website and mobile app for the third day on Thursday morning (Nov 25) even though the bank said services were returning to normal late last night (Nov 24).

In a Facebook post at 10:35pm on Wednesday (Nov 24), DBS said: "Please be informed that our digital banking services are returning to normal. We are monitoring the situation closely to ensure all services run smoothly. Thank you for your patience."

Even though customers could log in to its digibank online platforms on Thursday morning, many still said they could not transact or view past transactions.

I can log in now. But I cannot view my credit card transactions. Every click to card transaction is quickly refreshed back to main dashboard summary page," said Facebook user Jack Tan in a comment at about 7.40am on DBS' post.

Another Facebook user, Ms Allison Teo, commented at about 8am: "Able to login, but it hangs and not able to click on any icon.

Reacting to the bank's worst outage in more than a decade, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said on Wednesday evening that it would consider taking "supervisory action".

This is a serious disruption and MAS expects DBS to conduct a thorough investigation to identify the root causes and implement the necessary remedial measures," said MAS assistant managing director of banking and insurance Marcus Lim.

"MAS will consider appropriate supervisory actions following the investigation. MAS expects all financial institutions to have systems and processes to ensure the consistent availability of financial services to their customers," he said.

Under the central bank's regulations, financial institutions must ensure that the total unscheduled downtime for critical systems affecting services for customers does not exceed four hours within any 12-month period.

Kick out all the smelly ahnehs there, including the one at the top Thinking

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Still open PayNow facility to CECA and Jiu- Hu.

System can handle 500 million users capacity for transactions?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

become Dumb Bank of Singapore.. lol

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

think DBS will need to spend the whole weekend to clean up all the problems.

hope that DBS can fix the complete problem by next Monday

maybe we need to change CEO ?

The ce.ca ceo should hara kiri, according to Ah Khaw

Dead Banking Service