30yo F&B worker earning S$1.5K/month in Singapore asks

30yo F&B worker earning S$1.5K/month in Singapore asks, “If a person has lower income, what’s your advice for them?”

https://theindependent.sg/30yo-fb-worker...-for-them/

Get PaP’s Children to work in F&B for 5 years to prove that every job is a good job.

I used to work fast food

I see those supporting families on these jobs life is a struggle.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(26-05-2024, 09:00 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I used to work fast food

What's your advice for them?

(26-05-2024, 09:26 AM)winbig Wrote:  What's your advice for them?

Resign and just stay at home with mommy. Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Don't think true for a Diploma holder. At least 2.5k easily.

My advice to him is....Work Longer Hours

(26-05-2024, 09:31 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Resign and just stay at home with mommy. Rolleyes

Should go for reskill or upskill

(26-05-2024, 09:39 AM)mikotan Wrote:  Don't think true for a Diploma holder. At least 2.5k easily.

Extreme rare for 35 years old and below to face such issues,
but as is a different trade from what he studied in so the employer may treat him as general worker.
or own family business. 
So cannot say for sure.

If govt is truly v sincere to help all, than they can scanned through the database, 
and set policies to help.

(26-05-2024, 09:26 AM)winbig Wrote:  What's your advice for them?

If they have relatives or friends that cab he'll then to set up something like hawker stall or some small buimsiness can try to up income but will be tough.

Also don't have too many commitments  like family and kids first until have some financial stability and savings.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(26-05-2024, 09:39 AM)mikotan Wrote:  Don't think true for a Diploma holder. At least 2.5k easily.

Some certificates have no market value at all.
Now May and another batch of university graduates. Son's friend who study environmental complained no job offer so far. Tough job market. Even stat boards are not hiring.

(26-05-2024, 10:28 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If they have relatives or friends that cab he'll then to set up something like hawker stall or some small buimsiness can try to up income but will be tough.

Also don't have too many commitments  like family and kids first until have some financial stability and savings.

I have a hard time trying to understand what u r writing...

(26-05-2024, 10:04 AM)winbig Wrote:  Should go for reskill or upskill

He has not worked for 20 years, that's long enough for 2 generations of chewren to study from primary one to JC2.. 

There's a lot to upskill. Reskill can wait. Upskill first.  Rolleyes

(26-05-2024, 09:31 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Resign and just stay at home with mommy. Rolleyes

Then everyday pray mummy faster die so the house and her monies all give him to spend.

feels like csb to me leh
[+] 1 user Likes potato_wedges's post

(26-05-2024, 08:36 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  30yo F&B worker earning S$1.5K/month in Singapore asks, “If a person has lower income, what’s your advice for them?”

https://theindependent.sg/30yo-fb-worker...-for-them/

Upgrade get a degree to get a higher paying job

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(26-05-2024, 09:55 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  My advice to him is....Work Longer Hours

How long ?

Smile

(26-05-2024, 08:36 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  30yo F&B worker earning S$1.5K/month in Singapore asks, “If a person has lower income, what’s your advice for them?”

the easiest way is to join PAP to see if PAP can pharachute him into a good job like a minister pharachuting into a winning GRC.

(26-05-2024, 06:16 PM)potato_wedges Wrote:  feels like csb to me leh

It's a csb. Unless it's a part time job, nobody earns $1500/ month.

Even a waitress from China is earning $2000/month   

McD pays more than $2000/month.

Even cleaner minimum 1.5k
Dont bs

(26-05-2024, 09:00 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I used to work fast food

hollywood story, u can work overtime to double yr take home pay.

and diploma earn so low,,, what type of diploma,, those buy on line one is it???

I heard Gov will top up the different if salary below the min wage lah....

(26-05-2024, 10:04 AM)winbig Wrote:  Should go for reskill or upskill

Upskill on plp and bullshxting.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

For the same job and hours, go to the country with the strongest currency ... definitely not sgd
[+] 1 user Likes red3's post

天哥's advice for those young but with lower income:

You need to reach a basic income level first, before you can think of any further plans.

The idea is to reach this basic income level asap, ideally before u reach 30 yrs old.

For my personal view, this basic acceptable income level should b $5000/month in order to maintain a decent progress in our current society.

In this scenario given, the person had reached 30 yrs old and yet the income is still @ $1500/month.

Your income level is too low, hence you will not progress in the income class but instead regress.

So the plan for you is to take up as many jobs as possible to reach the income level of basic $5000/month.

When you had reached that level, you should try to create a supplementary savings of around $1000/month to reach the saving bag of $10,000 for you to invest.

During my times, we invest in stocks and shares. But now time had changed, and my advice is to invest in bitcoins.

This saving bag of $10,000 is like a lottery bag for you to expand your wealth. Ideally you should make it reach at least $1 million by the time you reach 40 yrs old. Because, then can you use it to further reinvest and upgrade your social class like doing some business.

In this world, Nobody can get rich by working or be a laborer class except PAP.

Good Luck, dear.

天哥

( N.B. All currency in Singapore dollars, NOT financial advice )

Remember, nobody in our society gets rich by working except PAP.

Our world is constructed based on getting rich by investing. Even if you start a business, that is considered a form of investing. Or if you buy a property, that is also another form of investment.

I have communicate with our younger peers in our society, and there is no way around this.

Unfortunately, some of them tell me, the basic level to progress is $10,000/mth rather than $5000/mth.

So, by using the method I told you above. You need to find another $5000/mth income.  And the best and fastest way to add that is by finding another partner . That is, by marrying another income generating person when you are as young as legally allowed. I think that is 18 years old in Singapore. 

So one should look for this partner and start dating during secondary school.

If you stay single, the society is going to regress you back as the years go by. Becos I predict with the current progress; in 10 years' time,  the basic required income should be around $25,000/mth.

Stay safe & Good Luck.

天哥

Some is staying at mommy and daddy and some studying, need more money to spend, how?.

( END )

Also, a capitalist economy works by (1) Capital Gains  (2) Business Growth . Capital Gains is highly dependent on (2) which in our case, Singapore should progress to a very high level in 5 years' time.

So to use this (1) Capital Gains, you should marry another person at say 18 years old and both of you quickly apply for a new HDB or buy a HDB using some of your parents' savings which I am sure majority here should have.

Why ?

Because in 5 years' time, surely there will be capital gain in your HDB and you can sell that and upgrade your social class.

If you STILL remains single at 30 years old like in our case, then you should go Malaysia and do this to ask for higher power help. I guarantee you.... doing it 3x...you should get your wish fulfilled becos TianKor had used this method and it works:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7QOZijNs..._copy_link

天哥

( NOT financial advice, if you want real financial advice....go find a banking idiot. )

(27-05-2024, 08:35 AM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Some is staying at mommy and daddy and some studying, need more money to spend, how?.

Use the parents' savings.

1. Look for better jobs. 1.5k is too low
2. Get a diploma or degree, invest another 3, 4 yr. But maybe still useless, older and poorer
3. Mary into a rich family
4. Invest in lotteries
5. Use skillfuture, learn to make pastries and sell from home, and on consignments to shops and hawker stalls. After some time, you might get regular big orders
6. Online sellers
7. Handyman, plumber, electrician...

One contractor always say, 钱是赚不完地。。。
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post