30yrs ago Chua Kim Yeow received 41% of PE votes..TKL will WIN!

He did not campaign, he did not have any posters. He did not go round to solicit votes.

He was running against PAP endorsed candidate Ong Teng Cheong. Both Ong and PAP were much more popular than PAP of today. 

Yet  the other contestant who was a token candidate gained 41% of the votes.

Having someone else other than people from the PAP has always been a big deal to many for the Presidency. That is why many were so upset with who Mdm Halimah was pushed into presidency with favorable rule changes and an eventual no contest walk over. Nobody wanted that and it marred her entire presidency.

This time Tharman and Kok Song who are both linked closely to the PAP will split the vote. Kong Song was LKY meditation teacher, and worked closely with PAP members in GIC. 

The only candidate who does not have links to the PAP is TKL
 Not only does he not have PAP links. Yout can say he often opposes the PAP kn various issues. For eacmple he spoke up during  protest of the Population White Paper in 2013

Where was NKS and Tharman?...They supported the Population White Paper?

TKL is some one without airs and takes the bus. He posts sometimes silly posts on social media, just like ordinary people. He is not pretentious. Unlike the 2 other candidates who sometimes look like they are high in their Ivory tower, TKL is one of us and represents us.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 6 users Like sgbuffett's post

Is he a forumer of sgtalk?

(20-08-2023, 07:55 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Is he a forumer of sgtalk?

Rotfl

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Yes, I think it’s better for TKL to step aside.
Makes it easier for people to vote.

The moment Jac speak on such topic, just tink the opposite will do.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

30 yr ago ckt costs $2, now is $5.

TKL is a formidable opponent. He should do well in the coming PE.

As usual, we have too many yes men/women in ParLEEment. We do not need another

(20-08-2023, 07:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He did not campaign, he did not have any posters. He did not go round to solicit votes.

He was running against PAP endorsed candidate Ong Teng Cheong. Both Ong and PAP were much more popular than PAP of today. 

Yet  the other contestant who was a token candidate gained 41% of the votes.

opposition 40% votes will only go to TKL because TKL supported opposition parties in the past.

No opposition votes will got to NKS because he supports PAP and does not support opposition.

60% votes will split between Tharman, NKS and TKL.

due to recent PAP scandals, more Chinese PAP supporters will vote for NKS and TKL.
it will be close fight between Tharman and TKL.

if Tan Cheng Bock can support TKL, TKL will guarantee to win because votes of TCB and Tan Jee Jay will exceed Tony Tan's votes.

TKL already got votes of Tan Jee Say because TJS is in his team.

TKL just needs to get support from Tan Cheng Bock.

With votes of TJS and TCB, Tharman and Tony Tan also cannot win TKL.

TKL just needs to take photo with TCB for publicity will do the trick.

Hungry ghost month hv more unseen voters. Hungry ghost month is for non xtians. The one who goes around hdb shops mixes often with the public good will hv such unseen support. KS for elites. TKL for the public good.

Whare is Mr Chua now ?.....

Laughing

Smile

(20-08-2023, 10:34 AM)Stoki Wrote:  TKL is a formidable opponent. He should do well in the coming PE.

As usual, we have too many yes men/women in ParLEEment. We do not need another

Of the 3, vote for the one that is not link to pap. Only TKL dare to criticise pap policy and dare to speak out. Pap may not  listen to him now but with constant reminder they may slowly change. 👍

(20-08-2023, 01:23 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  oppies who are Christians, like Sylvia Lim from WP will vote for NKS

New citizens from India will vote for Tharman

Most oppies would rather support a non PAP endorsed candidate than a moron like tkl

oppies will only support candidate who supports oppositions.

NKS does not support opposition, NKS supports PAP, he will never get votes from oppies.

non PAP endorsed candidate means he is not endorsed by PAP but he still support PAP.
oppies will never vote for NKS who supports PAP.

a non PAP endorsed candidate who supports PAP like NKS will only get split votes from Tharman.

(20-08-2023, 01:55 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Ladies and gentlemen

I am a staunch PAP supporter

Not a traitor like scythain

Nor an oppie scum like ola or sgbuffett

But I will vote for NKS instead of Tharman

Because Tharman harbored Ivan Lim and condoned his shortcomings

I think NKS can win

More so if tkl were to withdraw since he is the weakest candidate

you are a PAP supporter.

your above evidence shows that you are a split vote from Tharman to support NKS.

many PAP supporters like you will become split votes from Tharman to support NKS.

60% PAP votes will be split to support Tharman, NKS and TkL.

1) Tharman and NKS are PAP supporters.
     Opposition supporters will never vote for them.

2) TKL is an opposition supporter.
    Most opposition supporters will vote for him.

3) Tharman and NKS are PAP supporters.
    NKS is also LKY supporter.
    PAP supporters will be split to support Tharman or NKS.

The above are facts.

Assuming ideal case.

TKL will get 40% opposition votes.
Tharman will get split votes of 30%.
NKS will get split votes of 30%.

TKL wins.

Let’s see who are part of NKS team first then say. So far, he is still the least known.

NKS won’t be as power as TCB in terms of votes drawing, as he is a relatively unknown person.

TKL is the guy who lost his deposit. Even if he keeps his deposit this time, he may still become the person who will help Tharman win. I voted TJS last elections but I may not vote for TKL… so don’t dream he will suck up all the votes from opp supporters..

Wow, Chua Kim Yeow was so low profile that I didn't know he passed away almost 7 years ago. Tomorrow is his death anniversary. We have to thank him for offering to stand in PE.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/s...-age-of-90

So don't need to say who to be president ; one day must go also....who do desn't matter...

(20-08-2023, 08:22 AM)Raphael05 Wrote:  Yes, I think it’s better for TKL to step aside.
Makes it easier for people to vote.
Tharma de should step aside

He got in on very skewed favorable eligibility criteria

It wud be unfair to the rest if he wins based on preferential criteria of eligibility

(20-08-2023, 08:02 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Tharma de should step aside

He got in on very skewed favorable eligibility criteria

It wud be unfair to the rest if he wins based on preferential criteria of eligibility
Of cos he wouldn’t step aside la… 
He is the chosen puppet president by pap leh