4 banking habits that can prevent scams

Scores of bank customers have fallen victim to phishing scams. Experts say people can avoid being ripped off if they take the time to make their own checks instead of following instructions that come with scam calls and messages.

Here are 4 things you need to remember: https://str.sg/wPLw

(06-02-2022, 10:19 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Scores of bank customers have fallen victim to phishing scams. Experts say people can avoid being ripped off if they take the time to make their own checks instead of following instructions that come with scam calls and messages.

Here are 4 things you need to remember: https://str.sg/wPLw

Bro., that is a good input......
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Do you know what is an after-match Kong Ming?
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

You can open a fixed deposit with the same bank but if a scammer gains access to your online account, you should know that fixed deposits can also be withdrawn online. - why possible

i check with uob
they said only over the counter
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

(06-02-2022, 12:14 PM)Talent Wrote:  You can open a fixed deposit with the same bank but if a scammer gains access to your online account, you should know that fixed deposits can also be withdrawn online. - why possible

i check with uob

Yes, UOB told me only over the counter I can renew or withdraw the money.

(06-02-2022, 12:14 PM)Talent Wrote:  You can open a fixed deposit with the same bank but if a scammer gains access to your online account, you should know that fixed deposits can also be withdrawn online. - why possible

i check with uob

During the peak of the fiasco I checked with my RM.
He told me FDs can only be closed over the  counter, not on-line. 

Not sure if the reporter has his information correct??

(06-02-2022, 12:58 PM)hansamu Wrote:  During the peak of the fiasco I checked with my RM.
He told me FDs can only be closed over the  counter, not on-line. 

Not sure if the reporter has his information correct??

It is good that UOB do not allow FDs to be closed on-line and must only be closed by oneself over the counter.......

Been told by my RM that for some banks FDs can be closed via mobile app.

EPIC still remember one civil servant got 500k or 50k I forget inside his saving account. It already show you hard truth civil servant wages is reasonable good. One thing maybe he haven't touch his year end bonus been credit to his saving account.

(06-02-2022, 10:58 AM)debono Wrote:  Bro., that is a good input......
The best approach is to ask him to remove his mask and snap a pic, saying that you will need to verify with the bank.  Then, I will proceed to report
to the police.  If he is a scammer, he definitely won't dare to remove the mask.

(06-02-2022, 03:06 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  EPIC still remember one civil servant got 500k or 50k I forget inside his saving account. It already show you hard truth civil servant wages is reasonable good. One thing maybe he haven't touch his year end bonus been credit to his saving account.

The figure is $500K, and must be a high flyer in the civil service to have a savings account of over $500K.............