Stock-buying scam syndicate under investigation by Singapore, Hong Kong authorities

16 Dec 2021 06:14PM
(Updated: 16 Dec 2021 06:14PM)

SINGAPORE: A cross-border syndicate suspected of running "pump-and-dump" scams on stocks listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange has become the target of a joint investigation by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) of the Singapore Police Force (SPF).

A Singapore-based suspect was arrested and cash amounting to about S$4.4 million - suspected to be proceeds from the scam - was seized, authorities said on Thursday (Dec 16). The suspect also surrendered her passport.

The investigation is being coordinated with the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission and Hong Kong Police Force, which launched investigations in the city on the same day, said SPF and MAS.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/hon...te-2384151

Nowaday scammer everywhere,,, we faced on line thief now,, no need to use guns somemore.

They push up the share prices and then dump them. Usually, they have HK connections. They can also sell-short the counters.

(17-12-2021, 08:50 AM)FangFang Wrote:  Nowaday scammer everywhere,,, we faced on line thief now,, no need to use guns somemore.

There is a poster found in HDB estates that state, $550,000 worth of money are being cheated by scams, everyday....... Angry

How to join the scheme? I interested.

(17-12-2021, 09:15 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  How to join the scheme? I interested.

if u really  interested i can pass u the nr. pm me
i recd not 1 but 3 of these scammers tips

(17-12-2021, 09:15 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  How to join the scheme? I interested.

Why would you want to do illegal things.......? Angry

(17-12-2021, 04:19 PM)debono Wrote:  Why would you want to do illegal things.......? Angry

no, they somehow got my nr n whatsapp me so i played along 
the nr are fr hk n malaysia n spore

(17-12-2021, 04:19 PM)debono Wrote:  Why would you want to do illegal things.......? Angry

1st they will ask u now much u can invest 
i told tme 50k 
not satisfied asked agin us or hk or sg ?