$49 TCL Phone aka price breaker now sold in Singapore

https://www.tiktok.com/@univercellmobile...0443761928?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Energiser launched a phone for $59.

https://www.tiktok.com/@univercell256/vi...9813436690?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

French company Waki launch one in the ultra budget category for $80 with good camera system.

https://www.tiktok.com/@sian_elizabeth5/...3188128032?

Lots of interesting developments in the under $100 category of smart phones due to IPS panel price collaspe and MediaTek dropping the price of it's processors.

We will see better and better phones going for under $100.....

https://www.tiktok.com/@univercellmobile...6220882183?

Smartphones running MediaTek processors are only for elderly and kids.

Confused
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

Some features are missing from these cheap phones. Check before you buy

(08-03-2024, 08:55 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Some features are missing from these cheap phones. Check before you buy

good enough for old unkers/aunties.

I used to sell phones online a few yrs ago

If you get from supplier at that time the margin was 20%. So I move stock by selling below official retail price. I sold phones for around 1yr.

This is what I learn.

1. Not uncommon for very rich people to buy cheaper phones or mid range phones. The come to collect in their Merc, Audi etc. It could be they are busy running their business so don't spend all time time looking at the phone. Also, they don't need to show off their phones when they are driving big cars.

2. It is not uncommon for poor people to buy $1500 flag ship phones. I would meet them at MRT stations near their homes at poorer areas in Singapore. When you pass them the phone they look quite excited like their life is going to change. Indeed it will because they spend hours watch Netflix, YouTube and TikTok on that phone and take may selfie of themselves to send to their friend so the phone has to be a good one.

Today I took them MRT. And 4 people around.me happened to be using iPhones they are glued to the phone and their eyes never lift from the phones.

You think about it the phone is a addiction like alcohol ....a cheap phone only loads a video 0.5 seconds slower but they need the instant gratification and are hook on it ...so they only buy the best.

(08-03-2024, 08:55 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Some features are missing from these cheap phones. Check before you buy

Once you get to 100$ price nothing is "missing"...fingerprint NFC face unlock etc all there nowadays.

Maybe 5yrs ago many missing features but now it's all there.

1. They're buying for kids, parents or maid. More money will be on houses, cars, entertainments, business etc

2. They hv nowhere else to spend the money. Not much burden like housing loan, car loan, or family to spend that 1500 on
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(08-03-2024, 09:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Once you get to 100$ price nothing is "missing"...fingerprint NFC face unlock etc all there nowadays.

Maybe 5yrs ago many missing features but now it's all there.

Nothing is missing? Sure?

(08-03-2024, 09:30 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Nothing is missing? Sure?

What is missing? The screen is missing? The battery is missing?

Please explain "missing" in this context.

(08-03-2024, 09:40 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What is missing? The screen is missing? The battery is missing?

Please explain "missing" in this context.

Seems like you're quite outdated. Not able to figure out yourself?

These phones will lag after some time. Better buy better phones than these to avoid having to complain about them in the future.

Ignore List: Oyk

Even my maid told no way they use this phone hiaz only good for ahbutt 👍😂

maybe cannot make calls one..................... Big Grin

(08-03-2024, 10:45 AM)Omnipresent88 Wrote:  Even my maid told no way they use this phone hiaz only good for ahbutt 👍😂

These phones are selling very well in Western Europe.

(08-03-2024, 10:58 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  maybe cannot make calls one..................... Big Grin

That could be true. After 3G networks are shut down, these phones may not be able to make VoLTE calls. Of cos, some ppl will say who cares about VoLTE calls when I can call on whatsapp.

Ignore List: Oyk

(08-03-2024, 11:13 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  These phones are selling very well in Western Europe.

Yah lor for bankrupt cuntry lor LMAO 🤣😂👍

This kind spoil riao $49 they confirm cannot cover warranty de... Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

Remember last time someone bought one cheap phone from wang lei. Soon he kpkb couldn't work or something wrong

Pushing volume nia...

Once got warranty issue, confirm act blur one... Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

Things aren't supposed to be cheap but sold cheap, what are the reasons you can think of? $50 aircon, $50 branded watches, $50 smart phones...

(08-03-2024, 08:43 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Smartphones running MediaTek processors are only for elderly and kids.

Your answer is prefect
[+] 1 user Likes Cmpunk's post

(08-03-2024, 09:28 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  1. They're buying for kids, parents or maid. More money will be on houses, cars, entertainments, business etc

2. They hv nowhere else to spend the money. Not much burden like housing loan, car loan, or family to spend that 1500 on

Good answer to rebutted Mr Sgbutt

I have read some articles some forum comments iPhone still considers cheap and good compared to 14 and 15

I have. Read through the comments while there are genuine concerns such as the MediaTek chip and Warranty....many are misconceptions of cheaper phones from 5yrs ago. There is a saying in the phone business " cheap phones are becoming good, good phones are becoming cheap".

That is how technology development takes place.

The $100 phone which is good enough for 40% of the people now be good enough for 80% of the people next year.

If you budget is very high go ahead buy a $1500 phone.

If your budget is tight....$100 or $200phones will be able to meet all your needs.

Just like microwave oven 15yrs ago was $200 ...now tye $50 is not just cheaper but has mor features.

no apple no talk.

Were you the one who bought a cheap phone from wang lei? Still can use now?