I recognise downside of this arrangement;: Transport Minister Chee

I recognise downside of this arrangement;: Transport Minister Chee responds to fuss on bus stop pillars in Marine Parade 

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/i-reco...op-pillars

The build one normal bus stop already took them almost a year. To fix this, I wonder how many years they need?

That time Punggol MRT station bus stop also like that, solved it with thinner pillars.
[Image: punggol-bus-stop-pillars.jpg]
Why this time never learnt lesson?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

What is the fuss? Singaporeans just like to complain for the sake of complaining. Practically every major bus stop has a digital panel announcing the arrival time of the buses. They are just too lazy to walk to the panel and read them. One can also read the arrival of the bus from mobile phone apps. When one knows a bus is coming, just stand to queue and peek through the pillars. There r reasons for having those pillars. Cost is one of them, and the other is the durability of simple structures.

Knn want smartphone to play Tetris? No bus app in hand to know what bus coming meh? Knn...

Shorter shelter better.

Aiyah, so simple to solve lah. Just remove the shelter and therefore no need pillars lah. So simple also dont know.

Like that I can become a ministar lah. No more complaints about blocking commuters view.

Rotfl

8Umbrella Umbrella

(08-07-2024, 07:29 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  I recognise downside of this arrangement;: Transport Minister Chee responds to fuss on bus stop pillars in Marine Parade 

this is not downside, this is total incompetence and bochap.

so simple problem also cannot solve, all govt ministers cannot survive in private sector for long.

solution 1: you can see the buildings on the opposite side of the road. use this hint

1) do not build the bus shelter along the line of the road because the pillars will block the line of sight.
    build the shelter a distance (3m to 10m) from the road so that the pillars will not block and you can see the coming buses.

solution 2: 
1) build a shelter that is slanted so the pillars are not blocking and line of sight is facing the coming buses.