Expert Noah Laurent : Applying systems thinking to solve Israel -Palestinian conflict

https://medium.com/@noahtlaurent/using-s...89165c6807

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I thought this analysis is good as it deal with the mindset of each side. The mindset leads to faulty inferences and this has to be fixed through deep honest conversations.

Today much of the conversation is at level one with people trying to see decipher recent events.

If you move to level 2 you can see the pattern of behavior that led to the recent events.

[Image: L0iVbmz.jpg]

Beneath that is the structures that drives the pattern of behavior. These could be political structures e.g. West supports Israel regardless of their conduct. Arabs have to support Palestinians and often do not condemn the extremism driven behaviors. This drives the pattern of behavior from both sides because they have support and validation of their behavior pattern.

At the deepest level is the mental models and beliefs that create these structures and patterns of behavior. For example if Jews believe Palestinians wish to eliminate them and vice versa...auh beliefs drives the behavior.

To break the cycle you need to foster greater understanding and change the mental models

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Small nations are at the mercy of superpowers.

Whatever "theory" is just for fun!

(15-10-2023, 07:14 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Small nations are at the mercy of superpowers.

Whatever "theory" is just for fun!
One weekend can turn into almost like ww3.

Netanyahu : "The weak crumble, are slaughtered and are erased from history while the strong, for good or for ill, survive. The strong are respected, and alliances are made with the strong, and in the end peace is made with the strong."

https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM/status/103...0344573952