72% of S’pore workers want flexible hours or 4-day work week: Survey 😮‍💨

72% of S’pore workers want flexible hours or 4-day work week: Survey 😮‍💨

The survey also found that workers in Singapore are sacrificing eight hours and 11 minutes of unpaid time each week.

👉 https://tsl.to/flexihours

@mustsharenews
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

No wonder bosses prefer foreigners.
[+] 1 user Likes mikotan's post

So bosses pay for 4 days only? Lol

Singaporean becomes lazy unlike the Pioneer and Merdeka generation. Influenced by Scythian. Want high pay with min work and long annual leave.

Not 100% or 99% meh? How can it be only 72%?

Ignore List: Oyk

(07-04-2024, 05:48 PM)mikotan Wrote:  No wonder bosses prefer foreigners.

Parents have only one precious child who has been pampered from young. Double income household, the kid never lacked.

Waiting to inherit the condo or landed property or 4rm HDB. Father's Rolex watch is conspemed his to keep.

No longer hungry.

Foreigners will work 6 days for you.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(07-04-2024, 07:46 PM)Sticw Wrote:  So bosses pay for 4 days only? Lol

Just add 2hours per day x4,  workable to some.

Than another 3 days who will work lehh?.

The survey just gave them the number of new jobs to be published

(07-04-2024, 07:56 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  Singaporean becomes lazy unlike the Pioneer and Merdeka generation. Influenced by Scythian. Want high pay with min work and long annual leave.

Half right, you must know today working age is 10 years older than our grandparents Pioneer era. 

https://landgeistdotcom.files.wordpress....urs-01.png
https://assets.weforum.org/editor/G8vHKS...HVlFrY.png

simpler jobs were then plenty but is now taken up by cheaper foreigner labour and perhaps AI or automation in not long future.

We still have quite a number of 12 hours and rotating shift works around, 
and everyone know these jobs are no good for health in the long run. 

While I agree 4 days is not suitable for us, but is clear Spore workers are crying out for more rest, 
at least for private sectors.

(07-04-2024, 07:56 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  Singaporean becomes lazy unlike the Pioneer and Merdeka generation. Influenced by Scythian. Want high pay with min work and long annual leave.
Good for Singapore workers (four days Only - Boss pay for four days work) also good for others workers too, if there's work for the next 3 days, others worker too can tell Boss, good for boss.

No difference. Many nowadays go back home still reply emails or group chats until late a night. So even use teams as chat and replying round the clock. So long as there’s network, you can and you will be working

(07-04-2024, 08:23 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Than another 3 days who will work lehh?.

The employee seems to imply that a week of work is too long and they just want 4 days. So pay them for the 4 day work week and still get the job done lor.

4 day work week meant for the ruling party themselves most importantly

(07-04-2024, 08:23 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Than another 3 days who will work lehh?.

Good question but it's quite complicated....

If Singapore has plenty in terms of manpower, which is not the case, we can do that if the operations can be structured such that one team works from Monday to Wednesday, another from Thursday to Saturday.  Roster to switch or not, it all depends.  Very complicated.

Some companies' processes can allow that kind of arrangements, some cannot, so I cannot generalise.

But we need to have enough workers to do that.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(08-04-2024, 11:03 AM)KILLjoy Wrote:  4 day work week meant for the ruling party themselves most importantly

Even when these MPs are "working", they are actually "sleeping on the job". LOL!

[Image: parliament-sg.jpg]

(08-04-2024, 12:30 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Even when these MPs are "working", they are actually "sleeping on the job". LOL!

[Image: parliament-sg.jpg]
I stop watching this after she left the parliament.

(07-04-2024, 08:34 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Good for Singapore workers (four days Only - Boss pay for four days work) also good for others workers too, if there's work for the next 3 days, others worker too can tell Boss, good for boss.

Bad for Singapore.  Singapore will die if we work only 4 days. We are a Trading hub. Shipping/Banking documents/logistics/Compliance clearance, International  trade settlement all have to be process fast and efficiently.  Time is essential. It is the essence of our survival. We goes slow and relax we are finished. We don't have natural resources to fall back on. Only manpower. Even our local manpower are going extinct. Not self sufficient. We have to rely on overseas supply. Lucky there are abundant supply overseas. If not we will surely die one day. We have to re-ignite our economy. How? That's a good question. We are facing great challenges from neighbouring countries.  I hope we are aware of that. We have to stay united to survive. It will be an uphill task more difficult than LKY and Merdeka gen. time.

(07-04-2024, 08:32 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Half right, you must know today working age is 10 years older than our grandparents Pioneer era. 

https://landgeistdotcom.files.wordpress....urs-01.png
https://assets.weforum.org/editor/G8vHKS...HVlFrY.png

simpler jobs were then plenty but is now taken up by cheaper foreigner labour and perhaps AI or automation in not long future.

We still have quite a number of 12 hours and rotating shift works around, 
and everyone know these jobs are no good for health in the long run. 

While I agree 4 days is not suitable for us, but is clear Spore workers are crying out for more rest, 
at least for private sectors.

Don't worry for this 12 hours rotating shifts. No lack of takers. JHK, Indonesian, Thais, Myanmar and Vietbamese will fill it up. 

Want to work better grab it. If not will be gone under your eyes the next time u look at it.

(08-04-2024, 09:32 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  Don't worry for this 12 hours rotating shifts. No lack of takers. JHK, Indonesian, Thais, Myanmar and Vietbamese will fill it up. 

Want to work better grab it. If not will be gone under your eyes the next time u look at it.

From competition views point I agree cannot relax much.
but if look at our birth rate, something need to reverse horrifying birth rate
mind you that Spore birth rate consist new born of non citizens, PRs.

fYI 4 days does not mean everyone have work the same day, 
However I do not support 4 days mainly because If benefits cannot brought to pvt sector, 
we would not see any improvement. Because on average pvt sector work 1 to 1.5 days more then govt. sector.

1.5 hours  shorter per day in weekday across the board would be a better choice to 4 days work. 
It can applies to shift work as well.

As sporean age , we cannot just work hard.
If automation cannot yield productivity as like simplygo, then should stop look for better applications.

4 days week at 80% of current pay.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

I also want flexible in 2 ways:

WFH 50% of the time

shorter working hours ie 9:30am to 4:30pm

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

I prefer 5 and the half days work days

Laughing

(09-04-2024, 01:37 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  4 days week at 80% of current pay.

Some employers would love the idea.

For some it may be good news to them if they not too concerned about income..

www.healthxchange.sg › diabetes › essential-guide-diabetes › diabetes-types-what-risks-singapore
Diabetes: What is Type 1, Type II and Gestational Diabetes ...
Diabetes in Singapore. Singapore has the second-highest proportion of diabetes patients among developed nations. 1 Around 1 in 9 (or 11.3%) people in Singapore aged 18-69 have

ams.edu.sg › chapters › sleep-medicine-physicians › about
ABOUT US :: Academy of Medicine, Singapore
Sleep complaints are common in Singapore, with an estimated 30% of adult Singaporeans suffering from moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) with 90% remaining undiagnosed. 20% of Singaporeans suffer from insomnia and other sleep disorders. With increasing disease awareness among the public and

That means banks, clinics, post office and places that need workers to serve will open only 4 times per week.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Another thing is if this 4 days work week gets through, a few years later another survey will show that 82% of Spore workers want 2 days work week. Looks like PAP already foresee this happening and is pre-empting it with foreign workers so that sinkees can stay at home and complain in forums every day.   Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Ideally nobody wants to work for money but work for things we are passionate about. So we should work towards not working for money, period.

Reality is I work from 7am to midnight everyday without fail unless I'm unwell or away from this country.

But imtan exception because I am a boring guy that doesn't have meaningful hobbies.