9,700 elderly households have sold part of flat's remaining lease to HDB since 2009

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ld-3272656
[+] 1 user Likes mrclubbie's post

Good scheme for seniors...?
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

How many 2rm flexi are HDB going build? The current BTO unit are small than the old generation flat

2 Room Flexi- flat for 1 senior is ok

but the plan falls short if there is no medical clinic, no barber shop and no coffee shop downstairs

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(12-02-2023, 05:34 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Good scheme for seniors...?

Money for monthly expenses have to come from somewhere. 
Some rent out a room or two, norm.

(12-02-2023, 07:21 PM)Rubitin Wrote:  Money for monthly expenses have to come from somewhere. 
Some rent out a room or two, norm.

YOu would need a four-room flat to be able to rent out 2 rooms........but if you opt for a studio apartment, then there is only one bedroom............ Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Depend on locations try to get those that got food court and healthcare etc. Admiralty is one as my uncle live there. I saw the flat it is totally adequate for 1-2 elders. Less house chores and no distinct kitchen it is linked to the living room. Marsiling also have but I'm terms of distance to mrt and amenities Admiralty better.

(12-02-2023, 09:14 PM)sgh Wrote:  Depend on locations try to get those that got food court and healthcare etc. Admiralty is one as my uncle live there. I saw the flat it is totally adequate for 1-2 elders. Less house chores and no distinct kitchen it is linked to the living room. Marsiling also have but I'm terms of distance to mrt and amenities Admiralty better.

Those elderly who needs cash, cos their CPF income is insufficient to cover their daily expenses, will opt to 'sell' (remaining lease) to their existing 4-room flat to HDB.......those who can make ends meet will tend to want to rent out their rooms for passive incomes................ Big Grin

(12-02-2023, 09:24 PM)debono Wrote:  Those elderly who needs cash, cos their CPF income is insufficient to cover their daily expenses, will opt to 'sell' (remaining lease)  to their existing 4-room flat to HDB.......those who can make ends meet will tend to want to rent out their rooms for passive incomes................ Big Grin

If you have experience rent out before and met bad tenants you will be scared. Also register formally with HDB to rent out need pay tax. So for me I prefer to downsize and get monies. Also I am a loner than a social creature. I like to do solo hobbies like listen music play my toy soldiers walk in the park etc

(12-02-2023, 10:21 PM)sgh Wrote:  If you have experience rent out before and met bad tenants you will be scared. Also register formally with HDB to rent out need pay tax. So for me I prefer to downsize and get monies. Also I am a loner than a social creature. I like to do solo hobbies like listen music play my toy soldiers walk in the park etc

To each his own, but in your case, it suits you to buy a studio apartment, with one bedroom only.............. Big Grin

(12-02-2023, 10:24 PM)debono Wrote:  To each his own, but in your case, it suits you to buy a studio apartment, with one bedroom only.............. Big Grin

That is my earlier post but I want amenities nearby like distance to mrt, heathcare close, food court etc

they must be PAP elderly...

leaseback with hdb dotted line signed? u habis. no more called owner. u want?

(12-02-2023, 10:29 PM)menghuii Wrote:  leaseback with hdb dotted line signed? u habis. no more called owner. u want?

As long as get some cash back it OK................. Big Grin

(12-02-2023, 10:29 PM)menghuii Wrote:  leaseback with hdb dotted line signed? u habis. no more called owner. u want?

Currently I got hdb also lease what I am not owner also even I pay finish so what is the diff if I downsize?

(12-02-2023, 10:34 PM)sgh Wrote:  Currently I got hdb also lease what I am not owner also even I pay finish so what is the diff if I downsize?

If you see your HDB flat as a 99-year leasehold then there is no difference............. Big Grin