A ‘summer of pain’? Nasdaq could plunge 75% from peak, S&P 500 skid 45% from its top
Information 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-summ...ewer_click

At the very least right now is, it must dropped to pre-covid level.

There is no reason how the 2 year of covid euphoria in stocks and crypto and luxury watches can be sustained when the background story for its rise is retracted

When the carnage results in too big to fail scenario and FED start intervention, that could be a u turn

No point thinking that far.  Stock prices don't fall that fast and never in a straightline.  Good enough if one can see weeks ahead.  Anyway,  a bottom is not too far away.  May be just after June.  Anyone's guess so far.

(19-05-2022, 07:35 AM)Alam Wrote:  At the very least right now is, it must dropped to pre-covid level.

There is no reason how the 2 year of covid euphoria in stocks and crypto and luxury watches can be sustained when the background story for its rise is retracted

Yes.  If FED is stubborn enough to go ahead with QT as most the "fat" in the US market came after 2020 i.e. after FED pumped in 4 Trillion QE.   The degree of fall will depend on how much FED will draw money out of the system.   This is a good window for FED to do QT as China and Russia are weak economically.

I won't say Nasdaq will drop 75% but look at how much it rose due to Fed money printing.

Is it q surprise if it drops another 20%? I don't think so....with 5 rate hikes planned .

People making the 70% rise when Fed pump money suddenly kana panic because of a 20-30% drop
Oh come on.

Those who ruin their finances buying Palanthir and Snowflake because they are incompetent at basic valuation I have nothing much to say.

Those who are more Conservative to buy Nasdaq index should be ready for more drops.

Downturn and bear markets exists and are part of investing. Never be surprised when it comes. If you invested constantly last 10yrs this should be no issue.
[Image: dpUbVKp.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.