I got this message to confirm my SingPass yesterday

Anyone encountered and did the security confirmation 

[Image: GbRq9lm.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9529c8ab09258ce8fef7....webp&ct=g]

Confused

What happen , on hold

The color, font, tone, words used, confirmed made in there

Singpass can access your past records.
Are they clean?
Whom did you voted for?

(14-06-2023, 09:53 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Anyone encountered and did the security confirmation 

One look will know it's  a scam.
Don't think you are that naive!!

(14-06-2023, 10:18 AM)AngTehKor Wrote:  Scam from INDIA, enough say

India scam is Tech Support lah. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(14-06-2023, 10:38 AM)hansamu Wrote:  One look will know it's  a scam.
Don't think you are that naive!!

I was suspicious and never click to confirm.
Just wondering is legit and anyone tried to confirm

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

sibei jialat this Sgbutt, act smart on stock trading but blurrrrrrr like sotong on IT.

Check the message for special character use on the URL link. Never click any link. 

Anything, just call Singpass hotline to authenticate.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

The first line already tells you it's not proper:

"Important Notice : The Access to your account is on hold !"

There shdnt be spaces in front of the colon and exclamation mark like this:

"Important Notice: Your account is put on hold!"

https://youtu.be/7CZReZ24-to

snakes at work in south asia.

(14-06-2023, 10:44 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I was suspicious and never click to confirm.
Just wondering is legit and anyone tried to confirm
Just look at the sentence structure and the unwanted spacing within the sentence and also one moment Singpass, another moment singpass, all these and more are word and sentence fetishes of smelly neh scammers

To confirm, if u see the word Dear when addressing you, then you hit neh jackpot and ur monthly big auntie will paint ur acct red

Receive anything just do a smell test first. Got curry just delete.

(14-06-2023, 09:53 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Anyone encountered and did the security confirmation 

U clicked on the link n now cannot access?
Very clever !

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Turned out this is an old recycled scam.
Lucky I never fall for it

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...am-govtech

It’s fear that people fell into scams
If hear or see anything suspicious stay cool
Don’t panic as if the world is ending
The wicked wanted to destroy u by all tricks n scams n accusations

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

I think fake one lah! Big Grin

(14-06-2023, 11:55 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I think fake one lah! Big Grin

Waleneh alamak, still need to think meh? Our garment full of scholars they'll never write something so fishy and full of errors.

Yesterday I received one sms asking me to click on a link regarding a failed singpost delivery.

I sent obscene vulgarities to the sms sender. Surprising he received it. There was no failed delivery send msg.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(14-06-2023, 12:03 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Waleneh alamak, still need to think meh? Our garment full of scholars they'll never write something so fishy and full of errors.

When the 'i' in "singpass" is black you know something is wrong liao lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

These scammers from 3rd world uptron/downtron can't even write a proper message but still can scam 1st world singkees woh? How to explain that

I logged into SingPass with my laptop using password and OTP after reading your post. Then suddenly they want a third time verification by scanning my face. This is something new which I did not encounter the last time I logged in. Anyway, I was a bit nervous but managed to log in after two attempts with facial scanning. Just to let people who did not log in for the last 6 months know that a third verification with facial scanning is required now. So, I think it should be full proof now unless the scammer can steal your face.   Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung