A motorcyclist was flung onto the road after colliding with a car at Alexandra Road.

😰 A motorcyclist was flung onto the road after colliding with a car at Alexandra Road. 

➡️ https://bit.ly/4cmsTik

Follow us on @mothershipsg

The motorcyclist had the right of way. The car must have made the turn in the absence of a green arrow. If the biker was alert, he could have braked to avoid the collision.  
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(19-06-2024, 12:01 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The motorcyclist had the right of way. The car must have made the turn in the absence of a green arrow. If the biker was alert, he could have braked to avoid the collision.  

The MC was riding at a high speed.

The driver turned because he misjudged the timing, and thought that the bike was sufficiently far away for him to turn. 

Even as a pedestrian, many a taim, I crossed small roads which appeared clear of vehicles only to suddenly see a car or bike turning in from another side road. 5 seconds ago, they weren't there. But at the speed they were moving (50kmh?) and the speed I walked, 5 seconds were all it took to turn a safe to cross road into one which had a car coming from behind me.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(19-06-2024, 12:35 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The MC was riding at a high speed.The driver turned because he misjudged the timing, and thought that the bike was sufficiently far away for him to turn. Even as a pedestrian, many a taim, I crossed small roads which appeared clear of vehicles only to suddenly see a car or bike turning in from another side road. 5 seconds ago, they weren't there. But at the speed they were moving (50kmh?) and the speed I walked, 5 seconds were all it took to turn a safe to cross road into one which had a car coming from behind me.

I guess it is natural for the biker to speed since he has the right of way, but I always remind myself that there may be a careless motorist who may turn without keeping a proper lookout, so even when I have the right of way, I will not speed across a major intersection, but approach cautiously with enough time to brake. 
[+] 2 users Like EvertonDiehard's post

(19-06-2024, 01:00 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I guess it is natural for the biker to speed since he has the right of way, but I always remind myself that there may be a careless motorist who may turn without keeping a proper lookout, so even when I have the right of way, I will not speed across a major intersection, but approach cautiously with enough time to brake. 

The driver should not have turned at all. I am sure if it were a lorry or cement mixer truck instead of a tiny bike, he would have practised defensive driving.

The MC also assumed that all drivers obeyed traffic rules all the taim.

If he had slowed down, the only thing he would have lost was his right of way. Losing that wouldn't kill. Won't die wan. Your bike is so small, you are balancing on two wheels, you don't talk about rights lorh.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

About time that Amy Khor is CANCELLED permanently.

[Image: Amy-K-Cancel.jpg]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(19-06-2024, 11:46 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  😰 A motorcyclist was flung onto the road after colliding with a car at Alexandra Road. 

The biker when approaching junction must also slow down , the car did slow down when turning.

The motorbike is moving at normal speed. The car driver should have licence revoked.

(19-06-2024, 11:46 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  😰 A motorcyclist was flung onto the road after colliding with a car at Alexandra Road. 

I saw many such cases liao lah! Big Grin Superman everywhere lah!

(19-06-2024, 01:10 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The driver should not have turned at all. I am sure if it were a lorry or cement mixer truck instead of a tiny bike, he would have practised defensive driving. The MC also assumed that all drivers obeyed traffic rules all the taim. If he had slowed down, the only thing he would have lost was his right of way. Losing that wouldn't kill. Won't die wan. Your bike is so small, you are balancing on two wheels, you don't talk about rights lorh.

Pedestrians who use zebra crossings also seem to believe that ALL motorists abide by the traffic rules. Most seem to cross with their eyes glued to their mobile phones. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(19-06-2024, 01:20 PM)Ola Wrote:  About time that Amy Khor is CANCELLED permanently.

Buay tahan this mimi looks.

Why is our International Standards road still having accidents everyday?

(19-06-2024, 07:38 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Why is our International Standards road still having accidents everyday?

means room for more improvement
maybe need to use Ai to forestall an accident

(19-06-2024, 01:20 PM)Ola Wrote:  About time that Amy Khor is CANCELLED permanently.

Old lady liao lah! Big Grin