A new study has found that Singaporeans prefer having 1 child to not

👶🏼 A new study has found that Singaporeans prefer having 1 child to not having any. This has changed from past research, where having 2 children was the norm. https://str.sg/ng25

The important thing is to find out why they prefer this.

...and remove the impediment

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(09-03-2024, 07:50 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The important thing is to find out why they prefer this.

...and remove the impediment

U start first

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

me and wife enjoy having a cat.

I thought most want two is one boy and one girl.

Quote:Prof Yeung said the difficulties of juggling work and raising children, and the high cost of raising children are among possible reasons.

Over the yrs has the govt done anything to address the above?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

When couples had one child, they will think that they have accomplished 1.0 child, which is more than national average of 0.97 child.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

low fertility is cause by the PAP policy to import so many people until our population density become so high people feel squeezed...and cost of living shoot up so much...

this is the inconvenient truth that ...the PAP profess to want to raise their fertility rate but it's policies does the opposite that is why the problem got worse and worse over the years.

just too much bullshit from a gotlvt with little integrity hoodwinked us for so long pretending to ccare about the problem but making it worse.

[Image: CVzHw7T.png]

If the govt wants to import people, they should use the additional money received back to the people to protect and secure their future, and not leave the people to fend for themselves against the “invaders” or “outsiders”.

Like I think UAE, massive influx of foreigners but their locals can still happily live as the privileged.

With the future not so insecure and if there are more incentives to manage their time and money to mind the kids, then people would want to have more children.
[+] 1 user Likes Raphael05's post

Child will inherit 
1HDB
2Cpf account 
At least 2 saving accounts 

Child no need to work 
Government no need to build more HDB flat.

One of the reasons given for not wanting a child is cost. I think that's bs. We the Malays are nowhere near your income level yet we can do it.

Remove the impediment, someone said. The impediment is the mindset.

(10-03-2024, 12:47 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  One of the reasons given for not wanting a child is cost. I think that's bs. We the Malays are nowhere near your income level yet we can do it.

The malays in Singapore are having fewer children than Chinese in Malayisa...explain that.

(10-03-2024, 01:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The malays in Singapore are having fewer children than Chinese in Malayisa...explain that.

I can't explain but let's keep it in Singapore. Yes, the cost is a factor often cited but is it really?

There is nothing wrong with couples who want to enjoy “me time”. There is also nothing wrong with couples who want to provide the “best they could” in terms of resources or money or time on their kids. It’s worse than having so many kids but they actually cannot afford to or do not have the time to manage them well.

The govt shld understand, tackle and solve the different challenges and needs of different couples to really encourage them to want to have that “one” or that “one more”.