A plate of "dou miao" in orchard restaurant cost $72

😲 Some restaurant diners at Orchard Road were shocked that they were charged S$72 for a plate of "dou miao".

The restaurant apologised for any miscommunication & explained that the pea sprouts dish was an "off-the-menu seasonal item".

➡️ http://bit.ly/3UT3NPl

Follow us on @mothershipsg for the latest updates

(12-11-2022, 03:10 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  😲 Some restaurant diners at Orchard Road were shocked that they were charged S$72 for a plate of "dou miao".

The restaurant apologised for any miscommunication & explained that the pea sprouts dish was an "off-the-menu seasonal item".

➡️ http://bit.ly/3UT3NPl

Follow us on @mothershipsg for the latest updates
The advice is to check every item of the food they served, sometimes there may be a misprint, and the diner is  made to pay for the restaurant's mistake.... Angry
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

2 plates of HK Kailan cost $91 at Vivocity restaurant, customer stunned like vegetable

https://www.bannedsite.com/forum/chillin...-vegetable
[+] 2 users Like Reddishday's post

Lucky didn't ask for plain water....1 cup easily $20 now.
[+] 2 users Like Notdumb's post

糯米茶 I buy $30 can last me 30 days. They actually charged $30 for that one meal. Really chop carrot.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(12-11-2022, 03:19 PM)Reddishday Wrote:  2 plates of HK Kailan cost $91 at Vivocity restaurant, customer stunned like vegetable

All these are overcharging, and expect the  diner not to check of the food items, and just pay what is reflected in the bill........ Angry

On taking a second look at the restaurant, it is Paradise Teochew. Strange. I ate there many times yes it's expensive but don't recall it's that expensive.

(12-11-2022, 03:27 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  On taking a second look at the restaurant, it is Paradise Teochew. Strange. I ate there many times yes it's expensive but don't recall it's that expensive.
The restaurant is trying to pull a fast one, hoping that the diners would not microcheck the bill and just pay what is reflected in the bill.... Angry
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

Dou Miao got season?

I can grow my own and wait 18 days to harvest

[Image: IMG-5527.jpg]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Inflation ....what do you expect.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(12-11-2022, 03:33 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Inflation ....what do you expect.

Even with inflation the cost of the vegetable dish should not cost $72.00........ Angry

(12-11-2022, 03:31 PM)Ola Wrote:  Dou Miao got season?

I can grow my own and wait 18 days to harvest
Yah, this is damn easy to grow. If I recall correctly can harvest after 1 week or so. Looking at this price, I better start growing again.

(12-11-2022, 03:19 PM)Reddishday Wrote:  2 plates of HK Kailan cost $91 at Vivocity restaurant, customer stunned like vegetable

Lesson Learnt-

Go Hawker Ctre & Coffee Shop, never order fish

Eat in restaurants, do not eat vegetables!

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

Knn... $72 bucks for one plate of veg is nothing more than treating customers as cabbage head...

Consumers should all gang up to boycott such restaurants. Come up with a listing to show some consumer power since CASE and our govt will not step in to address such stuff...
[+] 2 users Like Sticw's post

I ordered 6 dishes in a restaurant in Chengdu. Got meat, 2 veg, century eggs, peanuts and soup. The portion is so huge can easily feed 10 person instead of just me and gf. Oh plus 2 soft drinks.

Bill RMB 60. That's just $12!

Only in SG every business try to fleece consumers.
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

It is those big leaves type. Market is selling $5 for one big packet.
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

(12-11-2022, 03:30 PM)debono Wrote:  The restaurant is trying to pull a fast one, hoping that the diners would not microcheck the bill and just pay what is reflected in the bill.... Angry

The price is many times more than usual but the person taking the order did not even inform the customers only when the payment was made. This is totally unethical and should be made known to the F& B Restaurant Association.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

(12-11-2022, 03:30 PM)debono Wrote:  The restaurant is trying to pull a fast one, hoping that the diners would not microcheck the bill and just pay what is reflected in the bill.... Angry

The price is many times more than usual but the person taking the order did not even inform the customers only when the payment was made. This is totally unethical and should be made known to the F& B Restaurant Association.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

(12-11-2022, 04:05 PM)Clyde Wrote:  It is those big leaves type. Market is selling $5 for one big packet.

It is gross overcharging on the restaurant's part....period........ Angry

Thug life. Now have to think of wordings like seasonal, special, hard to cook. Hong Kong Kai Lan. Hong Kong Kai Lan is from China.
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

(12-11-2022, 04:08 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  The price is many times more than usual but the person taking the order did not even inform the customers only when the payment was made. This is totally unethical and should be made known to the F& B Restaurant Association.
You are right to say this...... Clapping

(12-11-2022, 04:08 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  The price is many times more than usual but the person taking the order did not even inform the customers only when the payment was made. This is totally unethical and should be made known to the F& B Restaurant Association.

most likely the waitres is rewarded for recommending such dish.

Actually those frequent such restaurant would have know kailan tend to be overcharged one so normally will avoid.

Don't say restaurant, even those wanton and cheeken rice stall that got offer oiled kailan dish, also ish charge quite exp. 1 pax portion in a small plate can easily cost $3 or more. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

(12-11-2022, 07:24 PM)drgn Wrote:  most likely the waitres is rewarded for recommending such dish.

It is the management that needs to answer for this foul up....... Angry

looks like eating meat is cheaper these days

but anyway, should check and clarify on the spot and not when you have already finished the meal...
[+] 1 user Likes mrclubbie's post

(12-11-2022, 07:39 PM)debono Wrote:  It is the management that needs to answer for this foul up....... Angry

yes, agreed.

if management set up this scheme, it will lead to such things.
[+] 1 user Likes drgn's post