A tribute to a great foreign talent

While many Singaporeans only know of LKY and some of his more well-known colleagues, there is one that is less known, esp. to the younger ones. His name is Albert Winsemius, a Dutch economist. Without him, Singapore probably will not achieve the success it has seen today. Despite not being a citizen of Singapore, he has given his all to this country and helped uplift the people he did not know. Like what he once said, "There is quite a lot of satisfaction, perhaps not like that of, say, an architect who can look at something and say, 'I made it'. But there is that satisfaction in knowing that you have contributed to the well being of people you don't know...".

Singapore needs talents, whether they are local or overseas. But alas, talents, who are truly committed to this country are few and far between. I don't even think that many of our cabinet ministers are considered talents.

To keep this country going, leaders cannot continue the way they are operating. Like what the Chinese said, we need to 变法图强.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

You probably have to consider the time and space..

During LKY's time, the FT that you mentioned, could have a better life in his home country, but for whether reason, he decided to come to the then god forsaken land of Sinkie land and contributed in laying the foundation of Singapore.

Fast forward to now, now many of these 'talents' could have a better life in their home country than in Singapore?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

Stop looking LKY era which we started from low base. Now is different, all the comparison will not improve us. Gonna move on

Smile

Ve vre arl talend …. ve vre all cumming …… ve vre kumming ….. vejoice vejoice

[Image: Indian-trains-1.jpg]

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

The Greedy "Talents" that 3G and 4G attracted are people like Jac Lau . . .

They are not here to build my country nor serve the people.

Most of them are also scammers ie Job Scams to cheat us

https://mothership.sg/2021/08/spf-rmp-jo...%20victims.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(09-11-2021, 11:47 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Ve vre arl talend …. ve vre all cumming …… ve vre kumming ….. vejoice vejoice

[Image: Indian-trains-1.jpg]

Is this really happening in India, or is the picture a photoshop one...? Laughing

(09-11-2021, 12:44 PM)debono Wrote:  Is this really happening in India, or is the picture a photoshop one...? Laughing

You go google india train …. unless google are fake news

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin