AGM someone asked Mano to stop asking top many questions
Music 

This mitch ong lookalike walked up to Mano and asked him to give others a chance as they may want to go other AGM.  Mano told him off he had no right to stop him. Only the chairman can do it. 

This jerk damn irritating as he had been whispering loudly to his friend all the while

Yes, Mano is very long winded and likes to hog the floor. He likes to hear himself talk. We all groan when he takes to the floor Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

He ask valid questions

Today at the SEATRIUM AGM
Another jlb, Vincent Tan asked a lot of questions
When the Chairman asked him to stop and give others a chance
He said he had two more questions
Chairman said no when many people shouted at Vincent and told him to shut up and sit down
One even stood up and showed him the balek kampong sign

Later he wrote down the questions and ask a staff to pass it to the Chairman
But the chairman no hwee
I was sitting three seats away from him

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(26-04-2024, 10:30 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Yes, Mano is very long winded and likes to hog the floor.  He likes to hear himself talk.  We all groan when he takes to the floor Big Grin

The worse thing is that he thinks people like him

[+] 1 user Likes Bluebull's post

(27-04-2024, 12:03 AM)Bluebull Wrote:  The worse thing is that he thinks people like him

Well... he was the head honcho at BT and ST once upon a time.  And I remember seeing Rada roll his eyes when Mano rose to speak some time back Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

He wasn't long winded and everybody seems to like him

(27-04-2024, 12:22 AM)Harry Lee Wrote:  He wasn't long winded and everybody seems to like him

I think you seldom attend AGMs
So you never come across people confronting him after AGMs
I remember once at Capitol after the Perennial AGM
One uncle scolded him and almost wanted to punch him
Another an old lady scolded him at another AGM and said he said some wrong advice
And many lost money for following him
And Who could have forgotten he was booed during the debate on the merger of OUE REITs when he got some facts wrong?
He was told of by the REIT legal advisor
He also lead many retailers to Holland
Remember Fraser Hospitality Trust?
FHT offered $0.75, way above NAV in a privatisation offer
He told the SSHs to vote no because the reit is worth much more and China is opening up and the tourists are coming etc etc etc 
The privatisation offer failed by 1% vote
And what happen to Fraser Hospitality Trust price now 
Below 0.47 cents!! 
And what happen to this Indian chief FHT shares?
HE SOLD THEM!

[+] 1 user Likes Bluebull's post

there are 2 most irritating pest in AGM : Vic Tan (ex army cpt) and the kekleng.

think they bought shares from company A to Z just to attend AGM/EGM to seek attention and of cos, free buffet/voucher.

(26-04-2024, 10:50 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  He ask valid questions

very irritating pest in all AGM since yrs ago before covid.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

I don't follow Mano portfolio and came to know of him after see him at several agms. Even though I chatted with him several times I don't expect him to "know" me. Unlike others extremely longwinded who keep asking irrelevant questions I find him OK and his questions are valid. He is not into getting free food as he left immediately after he gets his a answers, even though the food was good.

Every shareholder is entitled to his opinions and it is unreasonable of the woman to attack him for giving "wrong advice" just becos she don't agree with him.
It is also Irresponsible for ppl who followed his advice to blame him when things didn't turn out right. You are responsible for the your own decisions even if its blindly following others advice. It is the decisions of the management of the company whether to adopt shareholders feedback or not. And, advice given out may be right at that point of time... but circumstances can change....

Anyway, I supported him in that agm becos I agreed with the issues he highlighted and his recommendations was appropriate. He was polite and not aggressive in pushing his points.

(27-04-2024, 05:20 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  I don't follow Mano portfolio and came to know of him after see him at several agms. Even though I chatted with him several times I don't expect him to "know" me. Unlike others extremely longwinded who keep asking irrelevant questions I find him OK and his questions are valid. He is not into getting free food as he left immediately after he gets his a answers, even though the food was good.

Every shareholder is entitled to his opinions and it is unreasonable of the woman to attack him for giving "wrong advice" just becos she don't agree with him.
It is also Irresponsible for ppl who followed his advice to blame him when things didn't turn out right. You are responsible for the your own decisions even if its blindly following others advice. It is the decisions of the management of the company whether to adopt shareholders feedback or not. And, advice given out may be right at that point of time... but circumstances can change....

Anyway, I supported him in that agm becos I agreed with the issues he highlighted and his recommendations was appropriate. He was polite and not aggressive in pushing his points.

u can complain to mas if he mislead u to buy shares that losss money for the reason that he does not hold a licence to give advice on what to invest