MP Ang Wei Neng suggested to have a "time stamp" on local university degrees

(02-03-2022, 05:55 PM)debono Wrote:  Why have expiry dates on local degrees, he is a danger to Singapore and Singaporeans....

He not fit to be SG MP.
[+] 2 users Like watchfirst9's post

(02-03-2022, 06:25 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Welcome back

Thanks bro...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/82771227...742510019/

Why PAP also got this type of calibre MP?
[+] 2 users Like Clyde's post

This type of speech, must refer to Committee of Privileges also. To revoke the privilege of this guy from ever speaking in parliament again.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

So pinoy, India and FT with lousy degree is still better than our local graduates with expired degree. This MP Ang Wei Neng is trying to screw local making it harder to get job. The s-pass salary just up so foreign workers can take up manager post and expired graduate can work under them.
[+] 3 users Like Instinct's post

LOL...
[+] 1 user Likes *天哥*'s post

俺无能? no wonder lah
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

(02-03-2022, 03:30 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  overseas degrees no expiry? foreigners with local degrees aso no expiry? another xiao ding dong

Foreigners are golden, local snare dischargeable.

Stunt that we have such a MP! How on earth Pap does its recruitment of leaders? True stupidity.
[+] 1 user Likes A2Z's post

(02-03-2022, 03:32 PM)winbig Wrote:  Foreign degrees no time stamp is it? Like that foreigners also should not come here to study cos our uni are lousy teaching outdated things.

Recent IT graduates are armed with the latest knowledge, trained in the latest IT software and hardware which work on 5G..  China is now talking about 6G.

On the other hand, people who graduated in IT 10 to 15 years ago are still working with old technology.  When they apply for a position, they write in their CV "15 years as a blah blah blah"

But they cannot answer questions about the latest 5G techworld.  Fresh graduates can (on a theoretical level). but they lack working experience.  In the end, companies which need BOTH knowledge and experience have to hire FTs.

(03-03-2022, 11:51 AM)A2Z Wrote:  Stunt that we have such a MP! How on earth Pap does its recruitment of leaders? True stupidity.

That's just a backbencher MP.  The leaders are those who are appointed in the Cabinet....

You don't seem to understand how Parliament works, what's a MP, what's a Minister.

Leave it to company to decide which candidate is better and not proposed in parliament that our local graduates degree will expire after 5 years. It's putting hurdle to compete.

(03-03-2022, 11:15 AM)starbugs Wrote:  This type of speech, must refer to Committee of Privileges also. To revoke the privilege of this guy from ever speaking in parliament again.

You thin you made Bayee Singh proud with this kind of comment?

(03-03-2022, 11:56 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Recent IT graduates are armed with the latest knowledge, trained in the latest IT software and hardware which work on 5G..  China is now talking about 6G.

On the other hand, people who graduated in IT 10 to 15 years ago are still working with old technology.  When they apply for a position, they write in their CV "15 years as a blah blah blah"

But they cannot answer questions about the latest 5G techworld.  Fresh graduates can (on a theoretical level). but they lack working experience.  In the end, companies which need BOTH knowledge and experience have to hire FTs.

For your info, 5G technology is premised on 'old' school knowledge. Most of what was taught 10 or even 20 years ago applied very much to this technology.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(03-03-2022, 12:05 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  For your info, 5G technology is premised on 'old' school knowledge. Most of what was taught 10 or even 20 years ago applied very much to this technology.

Everything is built one on top of the other.

But you seem to be telling me that if you knew how to work on a HP 3000 mainframe using Fortran and Cobol, you are good for today's 5G.

Stop talking nonsense.

PS:  Same goes for medicine, fyi.  A doctor who graduated 30 years ago cannot be very good if he does not continue to update his knowledge based on new discoveries.  Don't come and tell me that current medicine is based on old medicine...

(03-03-2022, 12:11 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Everything is built one on top of the other.

But you seem to be telling me that if you knew how to work on a HP 3000 mainframe using Fortran and Cobol, you are good for today's 5G.

Stop talking nonsense.

PS:  Same goes for medicine, fyi.  A doctor who graduated 30 years ago cannot be very good if he does not continue to update his knowledge based on new discoveries.  Don't come and tell me that current medicine is based on old medicine...

That's only your deduction that this is my message.

I'm saying that you acquire a good foundation, then you become better as you continue in your job. Mr Ang by suggesting to have a expiry date for degrees, is saying that past knowledge is no longer relevant. 

You have a bad habit of assuming things.
[+] 2 users Like Blasterlord2's post

(03-03-2022, 12:15 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  That's only your deduction that this is my message.

I'm saying that you acquire a good foundation, then you become better as you continue in your job. 

You have a bad habit of assuming things.

You will become better in your job using old technology.

If you don't continue to upgrade, you will stagnate and rot, and cry foul when companies hire FTs.  

Even for a position that is one or two levels below, companies will hire fresh graduates and you will cry foul again...why?  why?  why?  I got 15 years experience.  That young chap only graduated this year!  Why they don't hire me even though I am wiling to take a lower pay and work one level below?

IT degrees become obsolete if you don't continue to learn, unlearn, relearn.  You have to keep on learning till your hair all turned white or are lost.  There is no end to learning in IT.  If you want to graduate and be considered "knowledgeable" all your life, go and do an arts degree in history or literature.  Your knowledge of World War Two or Shi Huangdi, or Shakespeare's Hamlet will never be obsolete as a school teacher.

(03-03-2022, 12:23 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You will become better in your job using old technology.

If you don't continue to upgrade, you will stagnate and rot, and cry foul when companies hire FTs.  

Even for a position that is one or two levels below, companies will hire fresh graduates and you will cry foul again...why?  why?  why?  I got 15 years experience.  That young chap only graduated this year!  Why they don't hire me even though I am wiling to take a lower pay and work one level below?

IT degrees become obsolete if you don't continue to learn, unlearn, relearn.  You have to keep on learning till your hair all turned white or are lost.  There is no end to learning in IT.  If you want to graduate and be considered "knowledgeable" all your life, go and do an arts degree in history or literature.  Your knowledge of World War Two or Shi Huangdi, or Shakespeare's Hamlet will never be obsolete as a school teacher.

Did I say don't upgrade knowledge? Of all people, I'm all for upgrading, since I myself am learning new stuff every single day.

But to suggest expiry of degree is too much..

(03-03-2022, 11:02 AM)Clyde Wrote:  Why PAP also got this type of calibre MP?

All PAP members should maintain that standard

(03-03-2022, 12:26 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Did I say don't upgrade knowledge? Of all people, I'm all for upgrading, since I myself am learning new stuff every single day.

But to suggest expiry of degree is too much..

If you are not making personal attacks as you did in your previous post, you lie.

I might believe it if you say you are "continually" learning.  Check the dictionary for the meaning of "continually" vs "continuously" if you don't know.

But to say you are learning new stuff every single day...that is a bare faced lie.

Every single day?

IT is moving fast, but it's not that fast that every single day there is something NEW to learn.  

Stop lying.

Very bad edmw habit!

https://www.facebook.com/100057852769861...347449921/

(03-03-2022, 12:32 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If you are not making personal attacks as you did in your previous post, you lie.

I might believe it if you say you are "continually" learning.  Check the dictionary for the meaning of "continually" vs "continuously" if you don't know.

But to say you are learning new stuff every single day...that is a bare faced lie.

Every single day?

IT is moving fast, but it's not that fast that every single day there is something NEW to learn.  

Stop lying.

Very bad edmw habit!

I've said it before and I say it again, you assume too much! If you think that's a personal attack then so be it.

You're not me so how do you know that I cannot be learning new things everyday?

Just like you have ASSUMED that I'm a Malaysian and that I am not capable of providing consultancy to the government.

You must have thought that all forumers are lowly-educated or ignorant.

(03-03-2022, 12:39 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I've said it before and I say it again, you assume too much! If you think that's a personal attack then so be it.

You're not me so how do you know that I cannot be learning new things everyday?

Just like you have ASSUMED that I'm a Malaysian and that I am not capable of providing consultancy to the government.

You must have thought that all forumers are lowly-educated or ignorant.

Now!  Now!  Who's assuming now?

Did I ever say all forummers are ignorant or lowly educated?

You ASS-ume.

And the reason why I said you lied is that nobody can be learning new things every freaking day of his life. This is applying the "reasonableness test".

You can say you are "continually" learning new things, but to say "every single day", you obviously take members here to be fools and lowly educated if you expect them to believe you.

(03-03-2022, 12:44 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Now!  Now!  Who's assuming now?

Did I ever say all forummers are ignorant or lowly educated?

You ASS-ume.

And the reason why I said you lied is that nobody can be learning new things every freaking day of his life. This is applying the "reasonableness test".

You can say you are "continually" learning new things, but to say "every single day", you obviously take members here to be fools and lowly educated if you expect them to believe you.

I don't need to prove to you dude. You can believe whatever you want.

Learning new things everyday may be out of your reach but it's definitely within mine  Big Grin

(03-03-2022, 12:55 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't need to prove to you dude. You can believe whatever you want.

Learning new things everyday may be out of your reach but it's definitely within mine  Big Grin

If you are still learning new things every single day, it might be true after all...

I may ASS-ume a lot of things, but I would not assume that you are overfilled with knowledge.  You probably learned yesterday that plants need sunlight for photosynthesis, and just this morning, you also learned that goldfish eat worms.  Rolleyes

Another idiot

(03-03-2022, 01:02 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If you are still learning new things every single day, it might be true after all...

I may ASS-ume a lot of things, but I would not assume that you are overfilled with knowledge.  You probably learned yesterday that plants need sunlight for photosynthesis, and just this morning, you also learned that goldfish eat worms.  Rolleyes

Sure, you can assume this as long as you're happy.

But I'm doing far more difficult things than you can imagine lol.

(03-03-2022, 11:58 AM)Oyk Wrote:  That's just a backbencher MP.  The leaders are those who are appointed in the Cabinet....

You don't seem to understand how Parliament works, what's a MP, what's a Minister.

You don't understand that recruitment occurs at grassroot levels at the CC etc before one gets selected to be an MP of that zone. Recruitment at this level is the first step to MP then Ministers.

Ministers and MPs also should have expiry dates. 2 terms and should exit. If not it may become a dynasty

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 1 user Likes klat's post