Wah, better dont eat bak kwa

Bee Cheng Hiang bak kwa among brands found with carcinogenic compounds; SFA says no food safety concerns

The levels of PAHs reported pose no food safety concerns as bak kwa is usually consumed occasionally and not in large quantities on a regular basis, says the Singapore Food Agency.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ty-3354006

8Umbrella Umbrella

The  deadly bak kwa doesn't deserve to command such a high retail price given it's undesirable flaw.

When people stop eating, they will have no choice but  to cut price.

The boss themselves dont eat bak gua by the way...

killing you slowly with my pork

During CNY one kg cost $65 ?...

If you follow all these "info", you will end up having nothing to eat!  Laughing

Earlier, they also claimed that 60 biscuit types contain carcinogens!  Rotfl

https://mothership.sg/2021/10/cancer-cau...s-biscuit/

Hong Kong Consumer Council: Cancer-causing substances found in 60 biscuit types

I seldom touch such unhealthy food.  Only during CNY to give face. And such ridiculous pricing.  Should be priced low low for toxic consumption.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(18-03-2023, 11:09 AM)klat Wrote:  Bee Cheng Hiang bak kwa among brands found with carcinogenic compounds; SFA says no food safety concerns

The levels of PAHs reported pose no food safety concerns as bak kwa is usually consumed occasionally and not in large quantities on a regular basis, says the Singapore Food Agency.
What kind of rubbish logic is that? As long as the food pose health risk, it should be banned and not giving excuses for Bee Cheng Hiang that it is usually consumed occasionally and not large quantities. How do they know some ignorant uncles might eat large amount and on regular basis because they can buy cheaper from JB. .... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

The ministry never feel guilty until now. Always other countries have to discover danger for them to comment 🤦

Everybody just eat less or avoid totally. Such food is bad and should be priced much lower at $20 per kg max, or same as roast pork. Think of it, better and cheaper to eat roast pork than back kwa.

Those highly profitable bak kwa companies have over the years made more than enough to feed their future generations. 

High time that they do some good for society, rather than continue to slowly "kill" humans via their toxic products with sky high prices.

(18-03-2023, 11:37 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  If you follow all these "info", you will end up having nothing to eat!  Laughing

Earlier, they also claimed that 60 biscuit types contain carcinogens!  Rotfl

https://mothership.sg/2021/10/cancer-cau...s-biscuit/

Hong Kong Consumer Council: Cancer-causing substances found in 60 biscuit types

in fact, most food prepared by using oven, pan, oil are having carcinogens.
[+] 1 user Likes drgn's post

Going by SFA's silly logic, then asbestos should pose no risk to as everyday folk are not expose to it all the time. So occasionally ish ok? Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Lots of food have carsinogic substances including coffee sausages and all process foods. Most of the time it is Low levels ...but preserve food is probably the worse..

But looking at every thing as a whole the biggest risk for cancer is SUGAR

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Red meat causes cancer, colon cancer….unlike veggies it takes much longer time to process red meat in your colon, red meat could have chemical reaction along the way with inner layer of colon.

(18-03-2023, 11:09 AM)klat Wrote:  Bee Cheng Hiang bak kwa among brands found with carcinogenic compounds; SFA says no food safety concerns

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ty-3354006
Easy to tell. Those with the most black black is the worst.

(18-03-2023, 01:42 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Easy to tell. Those with the most black black is the worst.

Processed meat causes cancer

Aiya, knowing it's toxic still want to eat?

(18-03-2023, 02:02 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Processed meat causes cancer

ah mei also cancerous

Only if garment steps in and tells ppl dun eat, then many uncles aunties would stop eating them. 没办法的,正虎说不可以就不可以吃

(18-03-2023, 02:09 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Only if garment steps in and tells ppl dun eat, then many uncles aunties would stop eating them. 没办法的,正虎说不可以就不可以吃

SFA already said it is alright.

Just curious is Malay Satay is it toxic? Based on SFA criteria can eat boh...

(18-03-2023, 02:30 PM)dynamite Wrote:  SFA already said it is alright.

No wonder polyclinics always so crowded

(18-03-2023, 02:30 PM)dynamite Wrote:  SFA already said it is alright.

Bah Kwa is a good source of income for the govt coffer. They must say alright with weird and illogical reasoning in order not to wipe out this source of lucrative income. They only hope people dun eat too much to screw up their health. ... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Better than eating Fukushima polluted seafood

Threw away one pack of bk received during cny

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Cooking meat at high temperature creates carcinogens

The two types of carcinogens are heterocyclic amines – related to pan-searing – and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which come from smoke. Grilling or barbequing will create both these carcinogens.

too much sugar in these food.
not properly bbq during cny period when demand is so high they employ non trained people to bbq.
turn out like charcoal.

it is also happening to those char siew stall. they dip the entire chunk of char siew into sugar solution to increased weight and when bbq these sugar turn black black. really consumption of these black burn carsinogenic food is harmfull. don't say eat little is ok. little bit little bit add together is like a small mountain

(18-03-2023, 07:18 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Threw away one pack of bk received during cny

give me meh

(18-03-2023, 08:52 PM)sclim Wrote:  too much sugar in these food.
not properly bbq during cny period when demand is so high they employ non trained people to bbq.
turn out like charcoal.

it is also happening to those char siew stall. they dip the entire chunk of char siew into sugar solution to increased weight and when bbq these sugar turn black black.  really consumption of these black burn carsinogenic food is harmfull. don't say eat little is ok.  little bit little bit add together is like a small mountain
Those bak kwa that are not properly barbecued, may be burned black, and this is a cause of cancer.............. Big Grin