About 60 real estate agents involved in sale of properties in S$1B laundering case

Belmont Lay |  August 22, 2023, 03:23 PM

Some 60 real estate agents were likely involved in the sale of properties to the 10 people arrested in an islandwide money laundering raid in Singapore that yielded more than S$1 billion in cash, items and assets, Lianhe Zaobao reported on Aug. 18.

These agents are expected to assist in investigations, Zaobao's sources claimed.

According to the Chinese newspaper, one of 10 suspects arrested is believed to be the Chinese buyer who snapped up 20 units at CanningHill Piers in Clarke Quay for an estimated S$85 million in May 2022.

In April 2021, it was also reported that Su Baolin, one of the men arrested, had bought a sea-facing bungalow in Sentosa Cove for slightly over S$39.33 million

According to the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA), real estate agents are required to conduct due diligence checks on clients to prevent money laundering and terrorism financing.

The implementation of the full requirements for due diligence kicked in on June 28, 2023.

https://mothership.sg/2023/08/real-estat...aundering/
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

They r just agents not principals.
so long as they remain as such and not extras should be safe.

This saga smells sotong. Wang yi was here.

These 60 sure gone case liao. Such a big case, some heads must roll. U think roll their heads easier or someone in MAS?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

Those agents representing the buyers should get the boot and blacklisted from REA permanently. However, I think that MND could be the real issue due to lapses in their process over the past decade. And having MP Desmond does not improve matters.

The ultimate target victims might be US the people
a Training in Technocracy meaning for ex they want singlion out.
They just press the DELETE key.
He cannot buy nor sell mati terus terus.
Dat why the more u use CASH the more CASH in circulation
U must not get concentrated in a ball.
Kllaus schwab will slit ur throat

At 2 or 3% agent fees, they must have made it rich.

since the money was 'dirty'
the commissions paid has to be paid back to the govt...lol

No wonder someone desperate to be housing agent

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

kinda wonder
if fat iswaran was arrested
many things came out
are they all related?

cpib officer maybe asking
'mr waran, exactly how much MONEY u makan har...'...LOL

Sack those dirty agents. They for sure know these purchases are from money laundering activities but act blur due to the super high comms.

Can easily make several hundred thousand s per deal.

Those high performing agents go jeep Changi chalets ahhhh!!! Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Sg has rotten. 
Song Boh…
It is only the beginning.

不懂易经真糟糕。

Need to build new prison to house them.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://baike.baidu.com/item/%E8%9B%8A%E...9%E3%80%82

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

If proven they are aware that the arrested are money laundering
They have to return their commissions and be fined

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

The agents checklist is very comprehensive. Cannot be they don’t know huan. Also got system databases to check.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

And till now, nobody has made any check on COE bidding.
事出反常必有妖! Rotfl

Probably get to bang many chio agent eager to close deal

All are licensed and certified as per legal docs

in other country there are drug cartel

in singapore there are properties and money laundering cartel
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

In fact Authority many years DO Telling , hint these Property companies watch for people buying properties in SG for money laundering.

The Property companies reply back to authority " Hard to check than claim wait offend Real buyers " blah blah....

I feel Govt should set up a new law, regulations come property agent.

I think some already quit as property agent after enjoy huge commission from these people dealing with money laundering.

Some already flee back to Malaysia. I heard quite a lot Malaysian also work as property agent in SG.

(23-08-2023, 05:51 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  In fact Authority many years DO Telling , hint these Property companies watch for people buying properties in SG for money laundering.

The Property companies reply back to authority " Hard to check than claim wait offend Real buyers " blah blah....

I feel Govt should set up a new law, regulations come property agent.

I think some already quit as property agent after enjoy huge commission from these people dealing with money laundering.

Some already flee back to Malaysia. I heard quite a lot Malaysian also work as property agent in SG.

I was a property agent bef. Sometimes I took less commission or none at all.

☝️

(23-08-2023, 06:10 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  I was a property agent bef. Sometimes I took less commission or none at all.

got levels one, one of my cousin friend who is a so call Director in a property company,

he told me some agent only focus on landed house , whereas most agents are on HDB.

(23-08-2023, 04:56 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  The agents checklist is very comprehensive.  Cannot be they don’t know huan.  Also got system databases to check.

Checklist comprehensive only 

but the system and the CEA Head responsibities 

may not be, hor

60 agents or maybe 100 agents were not alerted via the system

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(23-08-2023, 06:10 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  I was a property agent bef. Sometimes I took less commission or none at all.

U r lousy la
[+] 1 user Likes Sline's post

(23-08-2023, 06:13 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  got levels one, one of my cousin friend who is a so call Director in a property company,

he told me some agent only focus on landed house , whereas most agents are on HDB.
Me forcus mainly on Pte properties n offices lesser on hdb flats

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(23-08-2023, 06:16 PM)Sline Wrote:  U r lousy la

No some are poor

☝️

(23-08-2023, 06:14 PM)Ola Wrote:  Checklist comprehensive only 

but the system and the CEA Head responsibities 

may not be, hor

60 agents or maybe 100 agents were not alerted via the system

Actually no.  The list being very comprehensive would immediately flag out irregularities and suspicious behavior. It is the agent who choose to ignore it. 

The database system may or may not have the suspect names.

with fire from sky and others involving water Quakes and mudslides
these people are insider in the sotong-wef saga.

Russia has added 800B Dola to her wealth HOW she does IT?
Euroland is burning

How to check their fund from where...stupid MAS..

(23-08-2023, 04:59 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  And till now, nobody has made any check on COE bidding.
事出反常必有妖! Rotfl

This one is 25billion dollar collusion case liao..

Russia looking into WorldBank-IMF how they r funded into today capitalist system