After I got my driver's license I have never driven.....

8yrs ago my mom insisted that I  get driving license so I can apply to be a driver .

So I engage a driving instructor who slowly milk me dunno how many lessons teaching such a simple thing so slowly. Drag on until driving test which I passed.

From then until now I have never driven a car.
Wasted my time and money.

My lesson learn is if need to get license then go and get. Don't go and learn for nothing and waste your time.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-09-2021, 07:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  8yrs ago my mom say have to get driving license because it's good to learn how to drive in case apply to be a driver .

So I engage a driving instructor who slowly milk me dunno how many lessons teaching such a simple thing so slowly. Drag on until driving test which I passed.

From the until now I have never driven a car.

My lesson learn is if need to get license then go and get. Don't go and learn for nothing and waste your time.
You got license but do you dare to drive a car alone on a busy highway without instructor by your side?  ....... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(18-09-2021, 07:24 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  You got license but do you dare to drive a car alone on a busy highway without instructor by your side?  ....... Thinking

After so many years if I get a car I need to go on small roads to get used to controls. Going on the highway after that is not an issue.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-09-2021, 07:46 AM)5354 Wrote:  12 years ago in 2009 I walked into a used car showroom beside my HDB block and paid about $90K cash for a used Lexus GS300, blue color, around 2 years old

I did not have a driving license when I bought the Lexus GS300 so I got my trading intern to drive it away from the showroom and parked it at his father house where he lived

He became my driver picking me up from my 3rm HDB flat every morning Mon to Friday to the trading arcade along Phillip Street and sending me back home

After I bought the car I took driving lessons like you and passed both the theory and practical test on my 1st attempt

BTW, I am thinking of buying a used Mercedes S350, you can be my driveri 

I don't need to work as driver. Especially not for a grouchy whiny old man who spits falsehoods and vulgarities readily from his mouth.

Also, feel sorry for your intern who probably learned nothing useful and went broke learning your useless techniques.

(18-09-2021, 08:02 AM)5354 Wrote:  My trading technique same of those used by HFT firms like Virtu Financial where Temasek also invested

I made about $1,234,000 net profits after paying 10% tax using my trading techniques

You lost about a million buying your piles of SembMarine from $1.80 to $1.20, now worth around 8 cts

HFT? Who you trying to smoke?

rent a bluesg and bring yr mom out for a spin. that could be her long time wish.

total cost shd be below $50 for rental and petrol

I think many ppl have such experience,,, however good to have one for raining days.. Lols

Long time didn’t drive abit dangerous.
Does refresher course help?

(18-09-2021, 07:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  8yrs ago my mom insisted that I  get driving license so I can apply to be a driver .

I drove for a long time.
Driving is not fun in Sg.

I rather be a passenger. crying

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(18-09-2021, 09:29 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  Long time didn’t drive abit dangerous.
Does refresher course help?

Now not manual car liao, driving is not so risky liao.
Anything happen, press hazard light, and slowly slow down the car.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

If you're not been driving for such a long time, the licence is useless.

(18-09-2021, 09:40 AM)Migrant Wrote:  If you're not been driving for such a long time, the licence is useless.

Once you drive for a long time, your alertness on road is superb.

(18-09-2021, 07:31 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  After so many years if I get a car I need to go on small roads to get used to controls. Going on the highway after that is not an issue.

I bought a brand new mini cooper immediately after getting my license. The journey from the car shop in Orchard Road to my kampong house in Bukit Panjang was scary which I remember till this day. 
It was a great relief upon arriving home in one piece and fully drained out. After that I waited for night fall past midnight when the roads were empty then took my cooper for a few spin along Bukit Timah road. Next morning I very zhai liao and drove my car to show off to my Navy buddies....... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(18-09-2021, 09:52 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I bought a brand new mini cooper immediately after getting my license. The journey from the car shop in Orchard Road to my kampong house in Bukit Panjang was scary which I remember till this day. 
It was a great relief upon arriving home in one piece and fully drained out. After that I waited for night fall past midnight when the roads were empty then took my cooper for a few spin along Bukit Timah road. Next morning I very zhai liao and drove my car to show off to my Navy buddies....... Big Grin

Clapping Well done on the skills side

But I am actually against cars due to pollutants. I understand some people need cars but as far as possible use public transport.

(18-09-2021, 10:07 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Clapping Well done on the skills side

But I am actually against cars due to pollutants. I understand some people need cars but as far as possible use public transport.
Now have electric cars , not so pollutive.

tomorrow will be a better day

Me, too.

I had a very shiok instructor where my first lesson was driving in expressway at 80km/ hour but off- peak hours, lah.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(18-09-2021, 10:07 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Clapping Well done on the skills side

hybrid and electric cars hv less pollution problems. or is it because of the same phobia that you hv in taking airplane? 

the first time when I bought a lao pok car and drove it home alone, the trip was really horrible

To me driving is a pleasure. Its too much fun and enjoyment. Can go anywhere wo thinking abt getting there. Drove at least 30+ yrs and lost count how many cars I changed.

Travelling overseas and renting car to move abt on your own is also a real pleasure and challenge not for the faint hearted.

Life wo a car is very miserable!

I tend to b sleepy behind the wheels...

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

I have driven in all 6 continents and probably clocked more than 100K miles in the last 20 years..

(18-09-2021, 07:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  8yrs ago my mom insisted that I  get driving license so I can apply to be a driver .

Come this a lot will say, go learn driving who knows one day your job or what needed.
I actually got motorbike license same got it never ride, than I also go for fun take basic theory on driving as one friend ask me tag him along.

I thought lol like motorbike basic theory actually a bit different. As expected , I never pass when I got the results and my friends pass and he now driving.

If that time by luck I pass, also final theory . Now maybe driving my rich uncle Audi . He told mention one day inside his car ask me got driving license or not. He seem wanna pass his audi to me as he already old.

You are an interesting character. Very different habits and lifestyle

U learn from school better. I learn 15 lessons go for test already.

Quote:12 years ago in 2009 I walked into a used car showroom beside my HDB block and paid about $90K cash for a used Lexus GS300, blue color, around 2 years old

I did not have a driving license when I bought the Lexus GS300 so I got my trading intern to drive it away from the showroom and parked it at his father house where he lived

He became my driver picking me up from my 3rm HDB flat every morning Mon to Friday to the trading arcade along Phillip Street and sending me back home

After I bought the car I took driving lessons like you and passed both the theory and practical test on my 1st attempt

BTW, I am thinking of buying a used Mercedes S350, you can be my driveri

Your intern must be secretly laughing at you for buying a car but used by him.

Next time, it's better to keep quiet than to have people know that you're a fool.  Rotfl

(18-09-2021, 09:40 AM)Migrant Wrote:  If you're not been driving for such a long time, the licence is useless.

He can book for refresher course at any testing centre.

(18-09-2021, 12:25 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Come this a lot will say, go learn driving who knows one day your job or what needed.
I actually got motorbike license same got it never ride, than I also go for fun take basic theory on driving as one friend ask me tag him along.

I thought lol like motorbike basic theory actually a bit different. As expected , I never pass when I got the results and my friends pass and he now driving.

If that time by luck I pass, also final theory . Now maybe driving my rich uncle Audi . He told mention one day inside his car ask me got driving license or not. He seem wanna pass his audi to me as he already old.

U should go for the school theory and practical lesson. The school one, they make sure you pass. The theory class they teach with ten year series, still remind you like the question will ask like this and that, answer will be this one. Like that how to fail?

I remember when I got my first car, I had to send everybody back home. So it was more bane then boon Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Can I drive u ?
Cool 

(18-09-2021, 12:20 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  I tend to b sleepy behind the wheels...

Sleepy and easily distracted are not suitable for driving   Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(18-09-2021, 09:52 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I bought a brand new mini cooper immediately after getting my license. The journey from the car shop in Orchard Road to my kampong house in Bukit Panjang was scary which I remember till this day. 

u so lousy
i passed, can drive like a pro
even in out JB due to work everyday