After IRAS go after "99 to 1", CPF likely to go after CPF shielding loophole...

For 99 to 1, IRAS is asking why you transfer 1% after purchase.

For CPF shielding, they will ask why you transfer 90% of you CPF SA account money out just before your 55th  birthday 

There is no difference between the 2 both exploit loopholes to benefit financially. 

Once they 99 to 1 are punished next comes those who shield CPF.

They will make those people return all the extra interest earned above 2.5%....

Never ever think you can outsmart the Singapore govt. They wil purpose leave the loop hole and let as many people as possible jump inside then come after you....

Never ever use any loophole in Singapore because the govt can retroactively go after you.

Those silly people who happily go and do CPF shielding thinking they outsmarted the govt. Just you wait and see.

Be smart and dont such things in Singapore just walk the straight path or wait for your punishment.

https://providend.com/cpf-shielding-for-...l-account/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(07-04-2023, 03:13 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  For 99 to 1, IRAS is asking why you transfer 1% after purchase.

For CPF shielding, they will ask why you transfer 90% of you CPF SA account money out just before your 55th  birthday 

There is no difference between the 2 both exploit loopholes to benefit financially. 

Once they 99 to 1 are punished next comes those who shield CPF.

They will make those people return all the extra interest earned above 2.5%....

Never ever think you can outsmart the Singapore govt. They wil purpose leave the loop hole and let as many people as possible jump inside then come after you....

Never ever use any loophole in Singapore because the govt can retroactively go after you.

Those silly people who happily go and do CPF shielding thinking they outsmarted the govt. Just you wait and see.

Be smart and dont such things in Singapore just walk the straight path or wait for your punishment.

https://providend.com/cpf-shielding-for-...l-account/

Why can't just transfer from OA to SA directly just before age 55 instead? Saves the hassle of having to transfer out for investment.

(07-04-2023, 03:28 PM)winbig Wrote:  Why can't just transfer from OA to SA directly just before age 55 instead? Saves the hassle of having to transfer out for investment.

People do this when they already max the transfer to SA.

This people already transfer until limit already still they want more $$$ to move to SA

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Just like the option to transfer your OA to OCBC FD to earn higher interest at 3.88%. While shielding is also an option available for people to maximise their cpf interest. Would gov stop it? No, because interest outside varies and can be as low as near 0% in the past. Be prepared to lose if you shield and it will take a long time to pay back. If gov were to stop all these options, then the pressure would be them to raise the CPF interest rate, which they dont want to. The compromise is let you have option to optimise.

If you ask me, I would rather gov stop the use of CPF to buy shares, housing, gold investment etc, and give higher interest rate to help people retire with enough money.

CPF Interest is not taxable right?

Hope Cpf reinstate back those rules allow share we buy using cash money to transfer to Cpf account and redeem cash back from Cpf OA account.