After flying high for many years HK property slumps

Wonder if such a thing will happen in Singapore

https://www.finews.asia/finance/37591-ha...ket-peaked

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

slumps aso no use if you hv no money to buy. later it goes up and you'll miss the boat and kpkb again. the cycle repeats

HK property prices had risen too high. Some had moved to Singapore. Singapore is playing catching up now.

(07-09-2022, 08:01 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Wonder if such a thing will happen in Singapore

https://www.finews.asia/finance/37591-ha...ket-peaked

It will and should happen in Singapore. It's a healthy correction process. Prices cannot go up indefinitely.

Not going to happen to Spore as long as moron Xi is not running the country

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

and you wun benefit either when the property market rises, if you dun hv one to sell. so whether the properties up or down has no impact on you at all

(07-09-2022, 08:15 AM)theold Wrote:  HK property prices had risen too high. Some had moved to Singapore. Singapore is playing catching up now.

Our government is smart, will control properly.

why not ..never say never

all you need is some trigger ..A war , another asian recession , another deadly flu bug ...and we will have a slump

1 Mil HDB is a CLEAR flashing warning

Current property rise is Govt initiated to fill up the coffer.

Dont ever think is market forces. At the core, it is started by Govt.

Smile

HK property prices dropped is because many expatriates have already or going to move out of HK. Many apartments are unoccupied and many dogs are left behind or abandoned.

Laughing

(07-09-2022, 11:25 AM)Gstalk Wrote:  HK property prices dropped is because many expatriates have already or going to move out of HK. Many apartments are unoccupied and many dogs are left behind or abandoned.

Many of them are relocating to Singapore. Thus, our properties prices had risen sharply recently. Another HK in the making.

next is spore
but govt contrl prices of hdb so cant fall MUCH

more worry is reits will drop sharply when property prices in spore drop 20%

(07-09-2022, 08:27 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Our government is smart, will control properly.

SEPANG:- Singapore DPM and Finance Minister Lawrence Wong arrived here KL on Sunday (Sept 4) for a four-day working visit 

Wong flew in from Singapore via a commercial aircraft and was received on arrival at the KL International Airport (KLIA).

He was by Foreign Ministry Chief of Protocol Mohd Aini Atan, Chief of Ceremony of the Malaysian Government Datuk Rozainor Ramli and Singapore High Commissioner to Malaysia Vanu Gopala Menon.

Wong was given a royal salute at the Arrival Hall of KLIA before inspecting a guard-of-honour mounted by 32 officers and personnel from the First Battalion of the Royal Ranger Regiment.

During his visit, Wong is scheduled to have an audience with Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah at Istana Negara.

He is also scheduled to call on Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, as well as meet Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein, Finance Minister Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Abdul Aziz, and Bank Negara Malaysia governor Tan Sri Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus.

Singapore is Malaysia's second largest trading partner and the largest within Asean, with a total trade value amounting to RM267.11bil in 2021, an increase of 25.2% compared to the recorded value in 2020. - Bernama