After using my phone for 4yrs, I replaced the battery..this is what happened...

My phone battery used to last more than one day when new.
The battery life started falling from 1 whole day to around half day.

[Image: JuOfOMx.jpg]

I went to MrMobile to get it changed but when I enquired if they cab replace with original Samsung, they said NO. The cost was $50, I gave it a miss.

Yesterday u went to Sim Lim to purchase some RAM....after buying the RAm I walked around. 

I saw a repairman at one of the shops fixing a screen for a customer. He lookiled skillful so I asked him if I can do a battery replacement. He told me that would take 10mins and $40. I asked if he could get me an original Samsung. He said he didn't have any bit he has "Grade A" batteries that were as good as Samsung. I was hesitant but decided to go ahead given the shortened battery life had started to inconvenienced me recently..

He proceeded to replace the battery and took only 10mins.

After using the phone for a day, the battery appears to work well so it was worth the trouble of getting it replaced.

However, after observing the repair man, I realised I could have done the replacement myself without much hassle. We used to have the old phones whose backs can be opened easily to pop out the in battery. The new phones are not much harder,  you just need a mental edge to go into the gap between thee body and back cover then slide it around. When tye back cover comes off the battery is easily replaced.

You can buy replacement batteries online and get the original Samsung battery .The original battery us $30 and the non original is $20.

I could have bought the original battery and done the replacement myself.

I did chat with the repairman. He told me the Sim Lim Sq en bloc did not go through so Sim Lim Sq will be around for a long time. He told me he rented his standard size shop for $6000....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Anyhow input battery besides genuine one can cause fire or not

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

i have Vivo budget phone.............the battery (5000mHa) is $36............labour don't know..............but better to get original battery and get agent to change.................if cock-up can always go back to them mah

Nice meow meow Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Those OEM batteries can cause fire. Don't play play.

(20-08-2023, 02:58 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Those OEM batteries can cause fire. Don't play play.

MrMobile the chain store replaces thousands if batteries everyday for customers using OEM batteries.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(20-08-2023, 03:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  MrMobile the chain store replaces thousands if batteries everyday for customers using OEM batteries.

Is it worth the risk? Your mother at home leh.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(20-08-2023, 03:07 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Is it worth the risk? Your mother at home leh.

He don't care about his mother lah. Laughing

(20-08-2023, 03:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  MrMobile the chain store replaces thousands if batteries everyday for customers using OEM batteries.

Only thousands? I thought they tell you millions.

(20-08-2023, 03:14 PM)winbig Wrote:  He don't care about his mother lah. Laughing

Wah!  Rotfl

My IPhone and Huawei batteries also changed at there. It is troublesome to change yourself.

Last time changed the IPhone battery myself, outcome not nice.

Now, repairing desktop myself. Itchy fingers, try to delete Avast and McAfee from the registry after they cannot be removed. Now, using bootable USD drive.

Waiting 1 more day for the discount on SSD then buy a few. My grave mistake on not buying extra few, previously.
[Image: image.jpg]

Older models of samsung phone should be easier as usually just remove the cover and you can access the battery.

But the newer models of samsung phone ish becoming a pain in the a$$ to self-replace battery, after removed the cover, may still need to remove some cabling connection and even unscrewing before removing some pcs of circuit boards before you can finally access the battery. Some even need to heat up the 4 edges of the cover to expand it first then can remove the cover. It seem the newer the models Samsung ish purposely making it even more difficult and complicated for people to open up the phone.

So best still leave it to the technicians or those that are really familiar with the process.Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

(20-08-2023, 03:07 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Is it worth the risk? Your mother at home leh.

His mother nagged him to find jobs and he also bohiew Laughing

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(20-08-2023, 03:14 PM)winbig Wrote:  He don't care about his mother lah. Laughing

Actually I am using the phone and ot is charging on my bedside.

Quite confident of these grade A batteries ....looking at the experience of those who use it sharing experience on EDMW.

They told you thousands or you think so?

So the moral of this story is people should diy to change batteries?

maybe got buy insurance liao leh............. Big Grin

(20-08-2023, 05:52 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  So the moral of this story is people should diy to change batteries?

i saw a video of removing new phone's back cover................even if take off okay................put back not easy.............

(20-08-2023, 05:57 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  maybe got buy insurance liao leh............. Big Grin

And Ah Butt the beneficiary.   Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(20-08-2023, 04:11 PM)theold Wrote:  My IPhone and Huawei batteries also changed at there. It is troublesome to change yourself.

Last time changed the IPhone battery myself, outcome not nice.

Now, repairing desktop myself. Itchy fingers, try to delete Avast and McAfee from the registry after they cannot be removed. Now, using bootable USD drive.

Waiting 1 more day for the discount on SSD then buy a few. My grave mistake on not buying extra few, previously.
[Image: image.jpg]

Crucial got good offer............recently bout a 1 TB SATA SSD for just over $70.............

(20-08-2023, 05:57 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  maybe got buy insurance liao leh............. Big Grin

Maybe two mil? Big Grin

(20-08-2023, 06:00 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  And Ah Butt the beneficiary.   Big Grin

You all har Laughing

Better dun mention too much about insurance payout...

(20-08-2023, 06:04 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  You all har Laughing

Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(20-08-2023, 01:27 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  My phone battery used to last more than one day when new.
The battery life started falling from 1 whole day to around half day.

[Image: JuOfOMx.jpg]

I went to MrMobile to get it changed but when I enquired if they cab replace with original Samsung, they said NO. The cost was $50, I gave it a miss.

Yesterday u went to Sim Lim to purchase some RAM....after buying the RAm I walked around. 

I saw a repairman at one of the shops fixing a screen for a customer. He lookiled skillful so I asked him if I can do a battery replacement. He told me that would take 10mins and $40. I asked if he could get me an original Samsung. He said he didn't have any bit he has "Grade A" batteries that were as good as Samsung. I was hesitant but decided to go ahead given the shortened battery life had started to inconvenienced me recently..

He proceeded to replace the battery and took only 10mins.

After using the phone for a day, the battery appears to work well so it was worth the trouble of getting it replaced.

However, after observing the repair man, I realised I could have done the replacement myself without much hassle. We used to have the old phones whose backs can be opened easily to pop out the in battery. The new phones are not much harder,  you just need a mental edge to go into the gap between thee body and back cover then slide it around. When tye back cover comes off the battery is easily replaced.

You can buy replacement batteries online and get the original Samsung battery .The original battery us $30 and the non original is $20.

I could have bought the original battery and done the replacement myself.

I did chat with the repairman. He told me the Sim Lim Sq en bloc did not go through so Sim Lim Sq will be around for a long time. He told me he rented his standard size shop for $6000....

See ppl do is very easy.
Make sure dont spoilt the screen when using hot blower gun to melt the glue.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://youtu.be/IJdKx4rYE4Y

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"