As Canada becomes unlivable shit hole many Singaporeans return

Terrble place now ravaged by inflation.
Really feel sorry for Singaporeans stuck there.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(17-02-2024, 09:44 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Terrble place now ravaged by inflation. Really feel sorry for Singaporeans stuck there.

S'pore is still the most expensive city and country in the world with the costliest homes and cars, so Canadians are still far better off than S'poreans.

(17-02-2024, 09:46 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  S'pore is still the most expensive city and country in the world with the costliest homes and cars, so Canadians are still far better off than S'poreans.

I heard from friends cannot get cheap instant noodles and good Chinese food. It's a problem. Public transport also not as good as Singapore.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Friend's daughter stayed there for almost a year after graduation still cannot find job.
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

(17-02-2024, 09:50 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I heard from friends cannot get cheap instant noodles and good Chinese food. It's a problem. Public transport also not as good as Singapore.

It depends on where you stay in Canada. I have relatives in Toronto and Vancouver where there is a great variety of Chinese food of relatively high quality. Homes and cars are relatively cheap, so the big ticket items won't cost you an arm and a leg like in S'pore. 

It's used to be a nice place to work and stay, especially Vancouver and Toronto. If stayed too long, very difficult to return to sg

Canada unlivable?!

Really?! Says the grizzlies, wolves, moose, birds, fauna, flora, pine forests, and so on .. ?!

Now maybe only Richmond is still good.

(17-02-2024, 09:54 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  It depends on where you stay in Canada. I have relatives in Toronto and Vancouver where there is a great variety of Chinese food of relatively high quality. Homes and cars are relatively cheap, so the big ticket items won't cost you an arm and a leg like in S'pore. 

especially in RICHMOND district of vancouver
many hk n taiwan n prc there

Other places are Scarborough and Mississauga near Toronto aso not bad. Still can get houses with big land at decent prices

(17-02-2024, 09:54 AM)Clyde Wrote:  Friend's daughter stayed there for almost a year after graduation still cannot find job.

Heard for a bubble tea shop assistant kind of job 400 people turned up for interview.

(17-02-2024, 09:54 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  It depends on where you stay in Canada. I have relatives in Toronto and Vancouver where there is a great variety of Chinese food of relatively high quality. Homes and cars are relatively cheap, so the big ticket items won't cost you an arm and a leg like in S'pore. 

It is cost of living, property prices are sky high, rental costs are sky high, basic things are highly unaffordable even

(17-02-2024, 01:50 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Other places are Scarborough and Mississauga near Toronto aso not bad. Still can get houses with big land at decent prices

No job there and extremely cold in 9 month long winter

(17-02-2024, 09:57 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  It's used to be a nice place to work and stay, especially Vancouver and Toronto. If stayed too long, very difficult to return to sg

Canada has changed over past decade, when you were there everything was cheap and houses were below $400k, now minimum $1.5 million

One of them, a NUS Computer Science graduate, has been in the health care industry, massage for several years. Old age found a pilot boyfriend. Since then no news from her.

(17-02-2024, 02:56 PM)theold Wrote:  One of them, a NUS Computer Science graduate, has been in the health care industry, massage for several years. Old age found a pilot boyfriend. Since then no news from her.

Comp science graduate massage for a living? Wasted education sia. If know want to massage then no need waste so many years get a degree.

(17-02-2024, 03:02 PM)sgh Wrote:  Comp science graduate massage for a living? Wasted education sia. If know want to massage then no need waste so many years get a degree.

Most of them aim for jobs in the US. But in the end, they end up in Canada.

[Image: IMG-0374.jpg]

(17-02-2024, 09:44 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Terrble place now ravaged by inflation.
Really feel sorry for Singaporeans stuck there.

Why things become so expensive in last 3 years?

They have so many land and can plant so many carrots and potatoes.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(17-02-2024, 09:57 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  It's used to be a nice place to work and stay, especially Vancouver and Toronto. If stayed too long, very difficult to return to sg

read news the hk female gangdu activist zhouting sell body there.
cannot be too bad..  Rolleyes

(17-02-2024, 07:02 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  read news the hk female activist zhouting sell body there.

Sell body need to pay income tax to Canadian govt?

(17-02-2024, 07:02 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  read news the hk female gangdu activist zhouting sell body there.

Duno about her. Many young angmoh chics, shd be quite competitive.