Alibaba stock : Trend reverses ..growth for long term horizon...

I started buying at $150...right through to $80 ...last time I bought was $95.

The bad news has slowly vaporised.
The valuation for the stick is very undemanding. You minus all non core business and just leave the core e commerce business as static with zero growth, it is more than enough to justify its current price. Once you add it ANT, and growth of Lazada and cloud servuces it is cheap.

The journey for shareholders has been a disappointing one with wave and wave of bad news. But these are now exhausted not just for Alibaba but whole China Tech sector.

JD's sales figures for 6.6-18.6 sales show 10% growth Alibaba does not release its figures . Nothing to shout about but there is still growth for China ecommerce.

But there is a big growth story in Europe- China e commerce. Alibaba is the only player with the scale to play this role. 
The fight is now against Amazon who is disadvantage without direct vendors from China hence less competitive against Alibaba.

Just be patient bright days will come and Chinese tech gens will shine.

Fortune favors the wise, bold and patient.

[Image: lTngCzJ.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

https://supchina.com/2022/06/21/with-dat...al-empire/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Up 5% today

[Image: sgIUEB1.jpg]

Bought and sold previously at lower prices. Though still think can buy again.

(24-06-2022, 11:32 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Up 5% today

[Image: sgIUEB1.jpg]

6.5 months ago it was at 113.3 ....today it crossed 114.
It's like nothing much happened in those intervening months if you bought the stock and put in the drawer for the long haul but in actuality the stock went to hell and those who panicked sold off.....

[Image: 3Bv4yD3.jpg]