Alibaba stock price vs USD/Yuan

When some YouTube tries to explain that something is wrong with the company because its stock price fell for a few weeks. Its probably rubbish. Conversely when the stock rises it does not mean the company's prospect has improved justthat USD has weakened.

Large % of the stock movement is driven by USD/Yuan not its earnings or its company fundamentals.

The size of each move is simply correlated with size of the speculative positions build up in the preceding period. The recent fall is due to speculators chasing up the stock when it rose by 100% so the subsequent selloff was sharp. 

Fundamentally the stock is cheap but future prospects uncertain as its growth momentum has stalled. Not much has changed for last 1 yr.

[Image: 78VVnTb.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

U so smart why buy at wrong price? How many years got to wait for it to reach back your purchase price?

(18-03-2023, 07:11 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  U so smart why buy at wrong price? How many years got to wait for it to reach back your purchase price?

My avg price is not too high...I am not sure if I will make money on this stock.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-03-2023, 07:22 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Alibaba Group PE Ratio: 47.69 for March 17, 2023

Not cheap!

Due to GAAP Alibaba has to write down losses on its equity holdings.

The non GAAP PE is more accurate and the FCF is even better indicator of "cheapness".

Anyway don't buy a stock just because it is cheap. If it has some decent growth the current valuations are just to low and stock will fly. But that cannot be taken for granted.

(18-03-2023, 07:18 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  My avg price is not too high...I am not sure if I will make money on this stock.

I hate to buy shares becos as an ex Auditor I seen so many fake accounting and even corruptions within public companies. Without insider knowledge or luck sure hard to profit.

I remembered during Iraq war i help my ex wife purchased $250k of various shares. Within few yrs the price mostly triple....except Jurong Engrg....bought at $1 went up to $11.

When i call my broker friend to sell....he said he already sold all the shares when prices double!!! I told him I didnt gave him instructions to sell! Then I realised he just join as a fresh broker and wanted to earn more $$$....so he's been churning my wifes account for few yrs with tons of signatures he collected from my wife. I wanted to file complain with his company but didn't as he beg me he just bought a condo and wife just gave birth.

So lessons learn....never trust friends with your $$$!

(18-03-2023, 07:33 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Your arsehole bleeding from Alibaba for 3 years already

Now 1/2 the price you first bought

You should have put your money in CPF like 5354

Stupid fcuk!

Last time you wrote about Baidu you embarrassed yourself and deleted the post.

Everything is always clear on hindsight.

Touch $70 will some to portfolio.

(18-03-2023, 07:30 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  I hate to buy shares becos as an ex Auditor I seen so many fake accounting and even corruptions within public companies. Without insider knowledge or luck sure hard to profit.

I remembered during Iraq war i help my ex wife purchased $250k of various shares. Within few yrs the price mostly triple....except Jurong Engrg....bought at $1 went up to $11.

When i call my broker friend to sell....he said he already sold all the shares when prices double!!! I told him I didnt gave him instructions to sell! Then I realised he just join as a fresh broker and wanted to earn more $$$....so he's been churning my wifes account for few yrs with tons of signatures he collected from my wife. I wanted to file complain with his company but didn't as he beg me he just bought a condo and wife just gave birth.

So lessons learn....never trust friends with your $$$!

Wow thanks for sharing there were 2 Iraq Wars you are referring to 1990....and 1990-1993.super bull? That was the stuff of dreams....

(18-03-2023, 08:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Wow thanks for sharing there were 2 Iraq Wars you are referring to 1990....and 1990-1993.super bull? That was the stuff of dreams....

The first attack whole market crash....didnt buy immediately....waited about 1 year prices was dirt cheap. Bought a lot of good companies. CWT was one of them too. A lot of GLC also. My ex wife cpf easily more than double or triple. If not for my farkup friend....could be $m easily!

(18-03-2023, 08:40 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  The first attack whole market crash....didnt buy immediately....waited about 1 year prices was dirt cheap. Bought a lot of good companies. CWT was one of them too. A lot of GLC also. My ex wife cpf easily more than double or triple. If not for my farkup friend....could be $m easily!

What he did was just illegal to earn some small commission.
Total waste not to.ride to the peak of that bull was probably once in a lifetime.

Old timers told me.malaysian stocks even better run up 20X also have.

International Court form by Criminals?

(18-03-2023, 08:48 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  What he did was just illegal to earn some small commission.
Total waste not to.ride to the peak of that bull was probably once in a lifetime.

Old timers told me.malaysian stocks even better run up 20X also have.

Malaysian stock also got buy with cash. But my wife refuse to sell when I told her....till today still got some but she couldnt be bother. She knows nothing....just buy when I told her.

For myself I bought Swissco at 23c....over 1m shares hor. But wife force me to sell around 30c and go buy condo. Price shoot up to $2.50 within 2 yrs. My most painful time!