All markets and hawker centres in S'pore now require TraceTogether check-in

All markets and hawker centres in S'pore now require TraceTogether check-in

Toh Ting Wei
PUBLISHED4 HOURS AGO
FACEBOOKTWITTER

SINGAPORE - Visitors to all markets and hawker centres in Singapore are now required to check in with their TraceTogether app or token.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) said on Friday (July 30) that it has worked with town councils, operators and other agencies to progressively implement access control with SafeEntry at all of these locations.

"To facilitate safe entry to markets and hawker centres, all patrons, stallholders and stall assistants must bring along and use their TraceTogether token or app to tap on the SafeEntry Gateway reader," said NEA. The TraceTogether app can also be used to scan the QR code to check-in, it added.

"NEA and town councils will be progressively deploying personnel to assist with SafeEntry check-in at access points to markets and hawker centres."

The move to install interim fencing and make TraceTogether-only SafeEntry mandatory was earlier announced by the Health Ministry (MOH) on July 20.

The tightened measures are meant to tamp down a surge in Covid-19 cases at markets and food centres, likely seeded when fishmongers visited Jurong Fishery Port to collect their seafood stocks.

8Umbrella Umbrella

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

"I am begging you, politicians. You represent the people, and you are supposed to show sound judgement. Politics should not be used to create hatred because the country is in trouble now. Don't take this opportunity to cause any further trouble," he said.

Cham liau. Getting more and more difficult to buy food

Cham ah. Pay more for delivery.

But grab food and other deliverer huat ah

(30-07-2021, 10:35 PM)klat Wrote:  All markets and hawker centres in S'pore now require TraceTogether check-in

Toh Ting Wei
PUBLISHED4 HOURS AGO
FACEBOOKTWITTER

SINGAPORE - Visitors to all markets and hawker centres in Singapore are now required to check in with their TraceTogether app or token.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) said on Friday (July 30) that it has worked with town councils, operators and other agencies to progressively implement access control with SafeEntry at all of these locations.

"To facilitate safe entry to markets and hawker centres, all patrons, stallholders and stall assistants must bring along and use their TraceTogether token or app to tap on the SafeEntry Gateway reader," said NEA. The TraceTogether app can also be used to scan the QR code to check-in, it added.

"NEA and town councils will be progressively deploying personnel to assist with SafeEntry check-in at access points to markets and hawker centres."

The move to install interim fencing and make TraceTogether-only SafeEntry mandatory was earlier announced by the Health Ministry (MOH) on July 20.

The tightened measures are meant to tamp down a surge in Covid-19 cases at markets and food centres, likely seeded when fishmongers visited Jurong Fishery Port to collect their seafood stocks.

Can they improved the battery lifespan in their Trace Together Token? The battery in my 2nd Trace Together Token has died yesterday barely over 2  months after I got the token.  Now I have got to get the 3rd one from the C.C and its raining heavily.  Is the C.C still the place to get the token replacement? With the need to use Trace Together Token in hawkers center, the battery lifespan will be even shorter -  less than 2 months?

(31-07-2021, 10:14 AM)Stoki Wrote:  Cham liau. Getting more and more difficult to buy food

Cham ah. Pay more for delivery.

But grab food and other deliverer huat ah

The food deliverers' becomes the spreaders to multiple  household Thinking  Angry

Next only jabbed can dine in  Rotfl nudie nudie

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

More and more silly policies. hawker centers need to scan, coffeeshops no need, take bus and train no need. where is the logic?

(31-07-2021, 11:41 AM)mikotan Wrote:  More and more silly policies. hawker centers need to scan, coffeeshops no need, take bus and train no need. where is the logic?

More and more policies roti prata until you dont know which policy to follow and until what date

Good...all suffer.

(31-07-2021, 10:39 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  Can they improved the battery lifespan in their Trace Together Token? The battery in my 2nd Trace Together Token has died yesterday barely over 2  months after I got the token.  Now I have got to get the 3rd one from the C.C and its raining heavily.  Is the C.C still the place to get the token replacement? With the need to use Trace Together Token in hawkers center, the battery lifespan will be even shorter -  less than 2 months?

Just came back from C.C. No replacement of new token. They just replaced a new battery into existing token. Hope the battery are more lasting.

(31-07-2021, 11:41 AM)mikotan Wrote:  More and more silly policies. hawker centers need to scan, coffeeshops no need, take bus and train no need. where is the logic?

Aiya, better this way as you will know if you kenna close contact with an india variant black fungus. They can QO you and monitor your health and provide assistant.
Remember we are in endemic and  more opening up means more infection

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin